MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 12/3/2014 3:00:00 PM

I absolutely swear by this foundation! I have experimented with others, but i always end up being drawn back into studio fix!! Its the perfect amount of coverage, almost full without looking cakey or orange. I have this in shade NC15, as i have very light skin, it is a perfect match annd blends really well. I love the way this feels on the skin, especially accompanied with a good primer! The only issue i have with thia product is the packaging, i personally think its silly not coming with a pump, and having to buy one seperately. However, i wouldnt let that stop you from buying!! The price is understandable, MAC is pricey anyway and with this product you get what you pay for!! Ive had mine for atleast 3 months and theres plenty left in it. A little goes a long way!

Also, the only dissapointing thing is the extremely pungeant smell! It smells very much like paint! Ive had people tell me they like the smell though, i think it is a little too strong, but i guess the performance of the product is what matters and it is AMAZING! Always get compliments on makeup when im wearing this!

on 11/30/2014 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

So, I use this foundation in the shade NW10. This is a great pale shade (I believe it's the fairest in the range) for girls who are always running the risk of looking orange even when using fair toned foundations.
This is super blendable, on the day I first tried this out I was told that my skin looked so much more flawless and my foundation much more natural than a usual day. It's got a pretty medium-full coverage to it, and a little goes a long way when applying which is great as I don't want any waste product on a more pricey foundation. It's got a slightly matte finish which is something I enjoy in a foundation, but I like to apply my Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder over the top of this to set it, however the appearance of it on it's own could also work. It's not cakey looking at all.
The packaging is nice, it's quite elegant looking due to it's simplicity, but still manages to stand out on my dresser. I would not recommend using this without the pump. When I first got this foundation, my local MAC store did not have any pumps left in stock, so I took it home anyway and found it quite difficult to use and control without the pump. After about a week or so I managed to get a pump for this and it's so much easy to control how much you want and much easier to apply. I've heard that some people have had to pay extra for the pump however my MAC store gave it to me for free, but I can understand that having to pay the money especially from a brand like MAC could be a nuisance.
I have dry and sensitive skin and this didn't make my skin react or break out at all which I loved, and I like the feel of it on my face; the texture is lovely.
This is very long lasting, the MAC website claims this lasts 8 hours and I would definitely agree with this and maybe even go to say that it can last even longer than that, 10 hours would be the limit but it certainly lives up to the claims. It doesn't oxidise or gather on my face either which is good as I find some foundations have a tendency to do this in the winter when my skin is drier, however this maintains its flawless coverage throughout the day.
Honestly, the only thing I would change about this foundation is the smell. It's not nice; kind of an acrylic paint type smell. I'm not sure why it does this or what ingredient they have that makes it act this way. It's not unbearable, I can't smell it once it's on my face, but it's just unpleasant when applying and kind of weird.
Overall, I do love this and I do think it's worth the £21.50 you pay for it. It's super buildable and the coverage and staying power are amazing.

on 11/20/2014 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Good foundation i wear this for nights out and parties etc. only bcuz i always break out the next day. I know its this and thats why i use it only sometimes. The finished look is worth a few flare ups the next morning

on 11/19/2014 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this foundation. The coverage is flawless and looks amazing! Still trying to find a foundation better than this! It doesn't appear oily on the skin. It looks even better with a primer. The only cons I have with this is that I can't find a perfect match for my skin, it just seems to make my skin look dull. I don't like the smell (smells like acrylic paint) and it doesn't come with the pump! Overall, it's a great foundation!

on 11/18/2014 8:47:00 AM

I had to get a couple different colors to finally find the right one, but once a did - I'm in love !!!! Def my HG!!! I have tried several others .. MUFE, Estée Lauder, Bare Minerals, store brands etc. And this one is by far the best. It stays flawless all day and I don't even use a primer . I love it and will never go anywhere else!

on 11/17/2014 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a wonderful foundation and my favourite one. This is a medium coverage and lasts 12+ hours and looks flawless. I have very dry skin and like all foundations I moisturise and prime and it glides on beautifully

on 11/9/2014 12:49:00 PM

I love this product but the pro long wear is way better if you have oily skin. I tend to go to this one during the winter when its not 100 degrees out here.

But I am venturing out to new foundations just to see what is out there since I been wearing this foundation for over 12 years.

on 11/6/2014 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

i have 2 shades of this, NC30 and NC35. I have very oily skin and I have big pores. I have tried other foundations like revlon colorstay but it was too heavy and looked ashy but with this one, it is perfect! It's looks like my 'second skin'. When I apply it, I use a stippling brush and it looks flawless and airbrushed especially if you make sure that you blend,blend, blend. A little amount of product is all I need, just a tiny drop. It doesn't look cakey, just beautiful matte finish which is perfect for oily skin. I also love how MAC has that very flexible shades. I use NC30 and NC35 alternately and both matches my skintone. I'm in love with MAC studio fix.

on 11/4/2014 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this since I've never had a problem with any other MAC products. When I purchased it I used it quite a lot, and I found it gave good coverage, but only okay staying power. Because it was an expensive foundation I didn't use this every day, and after a couple of months I sort of forgot about it (since Revlon Colorstay is much better anyway). I thought since I had paid so much for it I should just use it up, so I did start using it consistently every day, and my skin broke out like mad. I had the worst cystic acne and at first I couldn't figure out why (I would get some acne from it in the past but it was only very minor), only then did I realze it was the MAC foundation and that it had happened to countless other girls as well. If you are acne prone (I am, but no product has ever caused me to break out like that before) I would stay away from this. I don't have sensitive skin either, so it was bizzare. The packaging is awful, I paid $50 AUD for this and it doesn't come with a pump, you have to pay extra for a pump...I mean seriously, if cheap drugstore foundations can afford to put pumps on their bottles so can MAC. Hate it and would not buy it ever again.

on 11/4/2014 9:14:00 PM

For a while ive always thought that MAC foundation is very heavy and cakey until I tried it. For reference I am NC 20 (perfect match for me), Asian, and have combination/oily skin. I used this everyday to work since august 2014 and it holds well for about 8 - 9 hours with a primer (hourglass mineral veil primer). Surprisingly, I don't have to blot during midday as I usually do which is super good but that may be due to primer + moisturisers I use. Also, this foundation depends what type of brush you use. I find it works best with my tom ford cream foundation brush as it blends the foundation nicely and don't get that cakey heavy look. this may be my HG foundation! will def repurchase :)