MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 10/21/2014 11:37:00 AM

its amazing.. but it is not an everyday wear foundation..it does dry out fast and its coverage is really amazing.. its not an everyday foundation because its too heavy and isn't moisturising or nourishing..

on 10/15/2014 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SHADE - I got this in NC35. I'm Asian with light medium skintone and warm undertones. NC35 is a good match for me.

FINISH - At first, I really didn't love this. There was just something off about the finish but then I used it with a good primer and voila! Flawless, awesome, brilliant! If you haven't been able to make this work for you, experiment with different primers underneath. The one that I love using with this right now is a Korean primer - A'Pieu Magic Pore Cover Balm.

COVERAGE - It's full coverage. I use the smallest amount, like a tiny dot, for everyday use. You can thin it out even more with your moisturizer for even lighter coverage. For more coverage, it's very buildable. Apply in thin layers until you get where you need to be. Side Note: There's something latex-y about this, if you know what I mean (like Estee Lauder Double Wear). It's like it forms a thin film but it's not mask-like as long as you apply with a light hand. If you have zits, acne scars, blemishes, or dark spots, you'd still need a touch of concealer.

LASTING POWER - Good and even better with a good primer.

PACKAGING - It comes in a bottle with a twist cap. The consistency of the foundie is thick and the opening of the bottle is small. My bottle is still mostly full but I imagine It would be a challenge to get stuff out when it's less full. This is not cheap so I want to get every drop I can out of it. :P The packaging makes that difficult.

on 10/10/2014 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is HEAVY. The coverage is strong enough that it's basically a full ounce of concealer. For daily use, I cut just one pump of this with two pumps of CeraVe PM moisturizer. I really only use this straight at night because the finish is not very flattering on my skin due to some scarring and big pores. I would never use this at full strength during the day regardless of skin type, though. Still, for the price and the insane coverage, I will still probably repurchase this because I have pretty significant issues with hyperpigmentation.

on 10/1/2014 6:24:00 PM

I love this foundation!

It has taken me a good 5-6 years to find a foundation I like but this is my favourite. It doesn't dry my skin out like other foundations do and it doesn't slide off and look greasy hours later like others can (I team this with the mac studio fix foundation).

The bottles seem small but surprising quite a lot of product In, I'm the uk it's priced at £21.50 so it's not cheap but still fairly affordable and for a good foundation it is worth paying. I can definitely tell this difference when I use this my skin looks almost flawless when I do wear this.

Would I buy it again? 100% yes!

on 9/27/2014 4:40:00 PM

I absolutely love this foundation. I've long struggled with drug store foundations that have never quite matched my skin tone or they've irritated my face. During a trip to Ireland I decided to splurge and pick myself up a bottle of the studio fix fluid in NW20. It goes on smooth and literally lasts the entire day.

on 9/25/2014 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my go-to foundation for a night out. I definitely wouldn't wear it everyday because it's a little too heavy for that (at least for my liking since I like looking more natural during the day). Since it is a full coverage foundation, I find that it makes my skin look flawless in photos. It does look a little caked in person, however.

on 9/20/2014 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I like this foundation pretty well. I'm pretty pale, but also yellow. (NC20) no drugstore foundations work for me. They're too pink and look like I've rubbed blush all over my face. I have been incorrectly matched as a NW shade, mostly because I'm Caucasian and most people think white=pink undertones. And often times, the person at the counter will match you wrong and try to shame you into buying what they suggested. Don't listen to them. Ask for samples of what they suggested, and what you think and try them both out.

As for actual Studio Fix, I do like this. It can look cakey if you don't blend it well. It makes me look dry sometimes but I do have very dry skin.

on 9/18/2014 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I thank GOD for honest sales reps. I originally purchased this product at Dillard's in the mall. I've tried two different colors, NW48 and 45. The reason for the darker to lighter shade is because the rep was honest enough to tell me that it oxidize, of course I found this out when using the NW48. So, I tried a few shades lighter hoping it would oxizide to a matchable color. To my disappointment, it did not. The coverage was great, but as for supressing oil, I didn't feel as though it held up too well. It's buildable foundation that goes on fairly smooth. Most of all, I didn't feel as though I was wearing make up at all. When I took the foundation back, she asked if I wanted to try another color, but I bowed out gracefully on her offer. I've tried this one, Longwear, and MatchMaster and got the same disappointing results. In fact, I can't remember which one, but one of them made me itch a lot and another heavily transfered. I thought the price was pretty decent ($28) for this partiular one, but after ringing it up, I was told that a pump didn't come with it as asked if I wanted to purchase one for $10 more. Wow! Really? As much as I've heard people rave about Mac foundation, I sorry, but I'm just not a fan.

on 9/12/2014 11:06:00 AM

I'm a bit on the fence with my overall view on this foundation. It's a bit of a love/hate. I absolutely adore the finish of this foundation more than anything. Looks gorgeous on the skin and photographs beautifully. My issue is that I'm pretty sure I get break outs when I wear it. And reading other people sharing the same problem makes me think that I a right. If I were to purchase this again, it would be for occasional use only. Revlon Colorstay is a good dupe/alternative.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've got this foundation a gift for christmas and was (obviously) very excited to try out my first ever Mac foundation since I've been thrilled with Mac Concealers this far. So I put in on right away and was disappointed. I always thought I was a NW20 in Mac, considering the lady at the counter matched me for NW20 concealers, which have always worked for me perfectly when it comes to colour match. This foundation in NW20 is way too dark and too yellow for me. I was a beginner at this point and I didn't know that a skin with rather red undertones is considered cool - correct me if I'm wrong, still not completely sure I get what Mac is trying to tell me with their colour range - so I probably should've used a NC-shade.

Now on to the foundation itself:
It's a quite thick texture, reminds me of Revlon's Colorstay but it kinda creases after one-two hours. Also it's got that typical Mac foundation smell, which to me smells just like paint. I've never worn it out the house, just for stay-home-days and it's put up okay with my oily/combo skin, but didn't live up to what I'd expected it to be.

If you're not as oily as I am you might wanna give this foundation a try, I wouldn't repurchase it.