Garnier FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Behentrimonium Chloride, Pyrus Malus Extract/Apple Fruit Extract, Parfum/Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trideceth-6, Argania Spinosa Oil/Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCl, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Citric Acid, Saccharum Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, CI 19140/Yellow 5, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/Lemon Peel Extract, CI 15985/Yellow 6, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract. F.I.L. D46895/1.

on 6/1/2010 5:50:00 PM

Greasy, weighted down, flat, oil mess of ew. That is exactly what this does to my baby fine, thick, somewhat oily hair. It's disgusting. I had a feeling trying out a LEAVE-IN conditioner would be a bad idea. I mean, you rinse conditioner out for a reason, right? Yes, this gave me the exact effect forgetting to rinse conditioner out of my hair during a shower does. Ew. I'll never purchase this ever again. Unfortunately, it's been way too long since purchasing to return it (it's been like a year now, so it's garbage, but I should've returned it the next day instead of giving it another try and accidentally losing the receipt) and I couldn't even give it away because no one wants crap like this, not even for free. Ew. As far as my experience goes, leave-in conditioners are a BAD idea in general.

on 5/7/2010 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is one of my holy grail products. It leaves my hair looking soft and conditioned and if i had only one hair product i could use the rest of my life, it would be this one. Its great if you have naturally curly hair because it will completely eliminate frizz. Its fantastic!

on 4/24/2010 1:21:00 AM

I realize now that this wasn't the type of product I was looking for, I was trying to find this "cuticle sealing" cream or something that this girl put on my hair after I got it trimmed (which I later found out was Matrix smoothing serum or something). Anyway, I got this because I thought it was the same thing. Even though it wasn't the same thing, I still didn't get any positive effects from this junk being in my hair. It seemed like the equivalent to putting some lotion in my hair... although lotion probably would have at least smoothed out fly-aways! I have no use for this

on 3/17/2010 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Been using this for one week. I love the scent; it is light & pretty. Love the way it makes my hair feel...very soft & smooth. It really tames frizz & fly-aways on my color-treated, dry hair. I put it on when hair is wet and either air dry or blow dry, works either way. I also often straighten or loosely curl my hair & have noticed that I do not need a smoothing serum to complete the look. And for the price, you just can't beat it!

on 3/7/2010 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Update 6/19/10:
Ok, I figured out how to use this for my hair and have bumped it up to 5 lippies and would now repurchase it.

I normally have to be pretty heavy handed with products and use them on dry or mostly dry hair for them to have any effect at all.
This is different.

If I use this on damp hair, separate my hair into 3 sections, and use a pea sized dollop on each section - my hair is moisturized and slightly more defined without being gummy, sticky, or tacky. I also don't end up with film on my hands when I touch my hair. While I don't "love" the smell of this, the tiny amount I have to use to get a good effect means that you can hardly smell it in my hair = bonus.

Now I would repurchase and like it very much. :-D

Original review:
I've been re-trying Garnier products lately because I used to love them. I've recently re-tried this leave-in on my curly, baby-fine, untreated, biracial, little past shoulder length hair.

*Cheap & easy to find
*Actually moisturizing
*Smells ok - fruity like apples & citrus
*Reduces frizz

*Tacky and leaves my hair kinda dull and gummy
*The scent can be a little too sour at times
*Leaves a film on my hands every time I touch my hair

I would not repurchase because of the cons, but it's not a bad leave-in. Just not the best I've tried.

on 3/4/2010 1:46:00 PM

I received this with a shampoo I bought as a bonus. I used it a couple times when I was swimming all day and needed some detangling product to use afterwards. I use it on my daughter's hair, just a small amount, to detangle her long hair after she gets out of the shower or pool. I wouldn't use it on an everyday basis. Garnier products always smell so nice too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I finished the Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream today, and decided to review it. This product is...okay, definitely didn't do anything for my frizz (which I don't think anything will, because my hair is naturally frizzy and coarse). On it's own, I don't think it's enough to condition my hair, but I had been mixing it with olive oil, which helps a lot. I don't feel it's worth it if I have to mix it with an oil, which can condition on it's own. It also didn't leave my hair very shiny. I had been applying this to wet and dry hair, and I think it's better if you apply it to wet hair, such as straight out of the shower. But now that I've finished it, I don't think that I will buy it again.

on 2/13/2010 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I thought this product was okay, until I got a sample of a higher end leave in conditioner. This stuff is not that great. Smells ok, but other than that it did little to hydrate my fine, dry hair.

on 1/30/2010 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Some people would probably think that it leaves your hair feeling greasy, but I think that's because you either applied too much, or you applied it on dry hair. you are only suppose to applied a moderate amount, rub it on the palm of your hands and then apply it on damp hair. This product leaves your hair pretty soft. And the bottle comes with quite some product for only four dollars. It will definitely last you quite some time.

on 1/30/2010 3:48:00 PM

This is another Garnier Fructis product that I swear by. I use this daily when I get out of the shower. It makes my hair incredibly soft once dried, and much easier to comb through. I use this in conjunction with the Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti-Frizz Serum, and my hair has never air dried, or blow dried so nicely. And for around $3, it can't be beat. Also, I've been using the same container for a good three, almost four months now, so your $3 definitely goes along way.