Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 8/18/2012 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I got this for a trade (I received Virtuose Precious Cells as a gift and traded for this because I already have like 3 tubes of VPC) and I'm so glad that it was no money spent. I was so excited to try this out because of all the rave and hype I hear about this mascara - most especially because defining mascaras are my second love (curling my first)...but it's really nothing special for me.

Pros: Very dark, pigmented and intense. This also lengthened my lashes like no other mascara has before. My lashes are already fairly long, so these stretched out my lashes to 3x the length.

Cons: As far as definition goes, it didn't define my lashes as well as I hoped it would. I think it may be because of the brush. It wasn't clumpy, it applied very smooth and clean, but it did make some of my lashes stick together (not to mention, it takes a while for it to dry).

on 8/14/2012 7:55:00 PM

This is the best mascara!! I just love it!! : ). It lengthens my lashes and separates them very well (there isnt much volume but i prefer length to volume!). No weird scent and it doesnt irritate my eyes and no smudging and no clumps!!! The only downside of course is the PRICE! Yikes! Almost 30 bucks for a mascara, it makes me crazy!

on 8/14/2012 1:42:00 AM

I am a Lancôme BA who started out with no real knowledge of what to look for in a mascara. I would just buy several different cheap brands and mix them together hoping they would work. I never understood why I had to spend so much time only for my lashes to look clumpy and overdone - not to mention, constant lash fall out. I first tried Definicils Precious Cells because I didn't realize that my lashes were so unhealthy from the previous products damaging them so much. It was a bit too creamy for me - the formula is not for everyone. I gave Doll Lashes a try as well, wasn't too big of a fan because it came right off of my lashes. The Cils Booster (eyelash primer & conditioner) might have helped with that, but the brush just wasn't ideal for my type of long stick out lashes, and it didn't give me the separation I needed. I also tried the Hypnose Drama. I love the formula and I sell a ton of this product BUT it is not for people who have little to no lashes. From what I have learned, it works best on people with very full, already curved lashes. The brush just glides right on and really enhances the lashes very well. But when I tried it on my "no lashes", it seemed to do the opposite. I usually recommend the Drama for people who already have beautiful lashes and just want to enhance their features.

After much trial and error, I finally gave Definicils a try. I liked it very well and kept kicking myself for not trying it sooner. I guess I was put off my the formula in the Definicils Precious Cells - but the regular Definicils is nothing like it. It gives you the perfect separation and length like I have never seen on my lashes. A lot of people purchase Definicils with Cils Booster XL. Seeing all of the fantastic results with the primer from my customers, I decided to try it myself. I was always wary of eyelash primers because in the past I had used too much on myself and others, and it made the mascara clumpy. The Cils Boosters will last you a long while because you really shouldn't be using much, at least it isn't necessary. Typically people put 1-2 coats depending on how thick they like their mascara. I only use one because I don't like a lot now. You really don't NEED a lot with Definicils because with two coats, my eye lashes look long, full, separated and defined.

Best mascara out there, no doubt in my mind. Needless to say, I highly recommend this product for the right person and the right lashes ;) !!

Best mascara I've ever used. 2 coats and my lashes look sensationally long and volumised! Lancome never disappoint! I used to love their 'Fatale' mascara but I don't think they produce that anymore. This is equally amazing! Highly recommend and definitely worth the price!

on 8/13/2012 2:15:00 AM

Love my Lancôme definicils!! Has been my HG lengthening mascara for years. I love wet mascaras as I can layer and layer them on without clumping. This and my shu curler, and my eyelashes touch my brow bone. Love you Lancôme!!

on 8/9/2012 3:03:00 PM

I got this as a free sample from my Lancome counter and loved this mascara. I must say Lancome has the best high end mascaras. It really defines and lengthens my short stick-straight Asian lashes. I used up the whole sample sized mascara. It is rather expensive though so I won't be purchasing the full size.

on 8/9/2012 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I do NOT like this mascara. I got a freebie at the Nordstrom Lancome counter and am very glad I didn't have to pay for this! For one, it smells terrible - reminds me of some sort of medicine I had to take as a kid. Also, the brush sucks, it can't define any lashes on the corner. And to top it off, it makes my eyes burn! Sucks!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Simply the best. Every time I get a sample of this mascara I get giddy. The formula is AWESOME. It separates, lengthens, and volumizes lashes without making them look fake. I love that. I recently purchased the full size of this tube and am so happy that I did. It works the best in conjunction with lancome's primer.

Such a happy customer :)

on 7/30/2012 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

If I wanted my lashes to look like two or three clumpy cricket legs, I would continue to use this. I couldn't get my lashes to separate with the Definicils brush, even when I took my time and tried hard to comb it all through. The brush just has way too big of gaps between the bristles. I don't get the point of this. Even if you have thick, abundant lashes to begin with, this brush won't coat all of them in two or three swipes. The formula was mediocre. I didn't think it was volumizing or lengthening. Nothing more special than Maybelline's Lash Stiletto - and that sucked, too. Lancome is overrated.

on 7/30/2012 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Ok so I finally tried this rather expensive iconic mascara, and I get it!

It is worth buying again, in fact it outperforms my previous 2 favourites, Bourjois Volumizer which I can't find locally anymore, and Projectionist by Estee Lauder.

Both my previous favourites cost approximately 5$ less than this one, and I think the extra 5$ is worth it. I've tried a number of the L'Oreal, and Cover Girl favourites from here on MUA and this outperforms.

It just doesn't clump. It doesn't flake off at the end of the day. It goes on nicely and leaves my lashes flexible. With a lot of mascaras I have a problem with lash breakage, but not this one.

Doesn't leave those pointed stuck together lash clumps that look like spider legs and leave a "starry eyed" expression that looks so odd. Nor does it leave sticky blobs. Combs thru leaving each lash coated with a good dark coat of mascara and looks natural.

More coats for volume, 1 to 2 for a classic polished daytime look.

Love this product, will buy again. It is worth the money.

Popular Mascaras