October 21, 2014 | 1820 users online

Lipstick - New York Color - 309B Sheer Red

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2007 9:15:00 AM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to have this but at that time I was a.bit shy about bright colors. Shy no more! It's a nice, slightly darker, very wearable red. Feels nice on lips, not drying at all. I'm NW10 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2007 1:52:00 PM More reviews by thefairestlady1012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a total pink, mauve, rose, and red lipstick kind of person and fell in love with this color at first sight. The color is sheer and glossy and dramatic without being bright or screaming at you, "Hey, look I am wearing dark red lipstick." For reference I am a PPP and always have somewhat of a difficulty finding flattering red lip colors, but this is truly one of my all-time favotites.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2007 5:39:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a sheer berry red lipstick. The color is lovely, but the formula is definitely subpar (which should not surprise me given the cheap price). It applies unevenly on me and then wears off unevenly and quickly without leaving a nice stain behind like other red lippies. I also dislike the fragrance. This is heading in the trash.

Ingredients: Castor Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ozokerite, Candelilla Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ceresin, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Beeswax, Lanolin Oil, PEG-4 Diheptanoate, Petrolatum, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Carnauba Wax, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Tin Oxide, Silica. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 27 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2007 11:41:00 PM More reviews by callmecordelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is like a sheer version of MAC Rage, without the shimmer. Sheer Red is a smidge pinker, but it's a very similar basic colour. This is the first drugstore red I've found that doesn't turn neon fuchsia on me, so I'm impressed. Texture is kind of wet, so blotting is necessary. It smells rather like a raspberry LipSmacker -- kind of amusing to me, very junior high. And yeah, the packaging sucks. It's good for the price but I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2007 8:20:00 PM More reviews by kama79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

MAC NW20, brunette, dark eyes, pink undertones and warm freckles. THe packaging is what you would expect from a cheap lipstick, but it fulfils its prupose :) The texture is slightly slippery (as in it glides off my lips easily) but if you apply twice and blot inbetween that problem is solved. The color is actually a truly neutral wearable red. A nice staple red l/s that you can easily pull of for any occasion

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2007 10:06:00 PM More reviews by utsensai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for the perfect red lipstick and this one comes close (warm-toned medium tan Asian who also looks good in berries and wines). This is like the name says, a sheer color. It's got a nice little shine to it. The good thing about it being a little sheer is that you can alter the shade of red with your lipliner. I paired it with Wet n' Wild #666 and it made the shade a little darker and a more matte (with a little itty bit hint of shine) look. It also has a nice cherry smell to it. The container isn't that great because you can't twist the lipstick all the way down, but that's nothing compared to the price...94 cents at Target.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2007 11:19:00 PM More reviews by jailtimediverted

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

lovely. semi-sheer deep, neutral red. slight lipsticky-ness, moist, creamy, and lasts well. no scent. cool PPP, brown hair and eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2007 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Angry_Kangaroo

Ooooh yeah. Why did it take me so long to try this? The perfect red lipstick...for 97 cents! This is a sheer neutral red that is very flattering on my fair skin. If you blot it, it leaves the loveliest stain; remindes me of the kind of color you would see on Liv Tyler. The only drawback is the strong lipstick-y smell. But for the price and color I am willing to overlook that. *EDIT* Ok, I won't be buying this again, or any N.Y.C. products. I am trying to buy animal friendly products. This is still a great product, but I just won't repurchace.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by my_vanity_is_a_mess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was pleasantly surprised with this lipstick. It's a very sheer almonst berry color on my lips, and not at all gharish. A perfect daytime red, it reminds me of Clinique Black Honey. The texture is smooth and sheer, and the taste is not the least bit offensive. Not a bad lipstick for under $2.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2007 1:40:00 AM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with all the raves here. The pkging is terrible but for .99 you really have no right to complain. They could sell this on a stick and I would buy it, I like it that much. No funny taste, very moist, gorgeous color. I'm an NW20 and a lot of reds go fuschia on me but not this one. The texture reminds me of Vincent Longo's lip stains. Honestly, this is probably the best sheer lipstick available at a drugstore besides milani sheer lipsticks. Great price, great colors in general, a winner!