Milk of Magnesia as Primer

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/20/2010 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I keep hearing that primers are supposed to help even out your skin. That they're there to give you a good base for your make-up to sit on top of. That it helps your make-up go on smoother and keeps the make-up on longer. This didn't work for me and is only good for those who are extremely oily.

on 1/15/2010 6:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

OMG i love using the milk of magnesia as a face primer!!!

When i first found out about it i was very excited to try it but at the same time i was very skeptical and was sure it would not work for me because nothing in the past did.

So i got the Phillips brand and put on a thin layer and put it to the test.

Now i put it to the LIquid Foundation Test lol cause liquid foundation is every oily girls nightmare!!

In the past when i would use liquid foundation yes it looked great when i put it on & when i left the house but about 1 hr. later it looked like i just dumped a bucket of Crisco on my face lol yah no good.

So this is what i did. i washed my face, toned then applied a thin layer of the M.O.M then applied the liquid f. and went about my day.

OMG!!!!! no shine! no oil! no greasy look! nothing but perfect!

now you must know that i put my make up on @ 1:00 pm lasted all the way up to 11:00 pm! and my make up looked exactly the same as when i first applied it!!

so that goes to show that it dose work and it dosent dry my skin out.
I LOVE IT.
so if you have oily skin troubles and no other primer has worked for you then you gotta try M.O.M!!

it dose not disappoint!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have the most oiliest skin on the planet! Immediately after I cleanse my face, you can see oil coming out my pores in less than 5 minutes! Seriously! When I heard of the MoM treatment, I told myself that I had nothing to lose because I've tried everything on the market to try to keep my oil at bay but never succeeded. Until now!
This stuff is amazing! I applied it at 730 am with a cotton ball just as I read here on the reviews. My face stayed matte for more than 6 hours!!! Even by evening, my face was barely oily. I didn't need to blot ALL day. I love this product. My only regret is that I wish I found out about this years ago!

on 1/8/2010 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

soo basically, i have pretty oily skin...i go through about 1-3 oil blotting sheets a day...ive been using this stuff for about 5 days and i really like it soo far. i apply a thin layer to my whole face with a cotton ball. i can go for about 6-8 hours without getting oily. however, i noticed that my face has been breaking out slighty since ive started using this so idk, i really wana try dermadoctors tease zone because i heard that stuff really works too...

on 12/15/2009 12:54:00 PM

Hey everyone. I need some feedback. I'm really confused right now if I should continue with this product or not. I don't know if i should give it more time, but i'm not seeing results like the other reviews i'm reading and i feel so hopeless and devistated! I have extremely oily skin. Every hour i have to blott my face with these oil pads and it comes up clear everytime! Thats how serious it is. I use MoM as a primer under my foundation and i'm not getting the results of less oil. Infact i feel like my skin is getting more oily...is that suppose to be happening and is that possible that MoM is doing this to my skin or a coincidence? My skin is still oily with MoM. Only thing i feel it does is maybe dry up the acne a little. I don't know what to do..any suggestions?

on 11/28/2009 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you were to look in the dictionary for Oily Complexion...you would deffinetely see my picture next to it! For years, i have spent sooo much $$ trying to find products to keep my skin shine/oil free or at least keep my oil at bay! Either they would break me out or produce even more oil!

Thanks to MUA..who would have known that putting MoM would help keep my oil at bay?!! For 4 $s a bottle...this is unbelievable!!!! Its very worth it! My routine is that I wash my face & wait until dry. Shake the MoM bottle for a couple seconds...dip my finger into the cap & pat the MoM into my skin until fully dry. This would be my forehead & Nose. Make sure you pat INTO your skin until fully dry because this will leave a white filmy residue if you do not pat until it is dry...which isnt even a big deal because you can just lightly brush this film off with your fingers or a make up brush. This also makes for a extremely amazing make up primer! I have noticed many nights when i come home after hours of sweating from going out...this helps to keep my make up in place! I put this on & it makes my face soooo smooth & very soft & extremely matte! because even after i wash my face & my face dries..i still get that shiny look! ughh so annoying...

Now this doesnt eliminate all of my oil & shine...but it keeps it at bay much longer!!! & it seems as if i dont get as much oil & shine on my face when using this...if that makes any sence lol! I guess you can use this after a moisturizer..which i dont because i dont need to my face is already oily! & as far as people breaking out from this or clogging pores... ive been using this for 2 months & my skin is VERY acne prone..& i havent had any bad reactions since using this. Also, if interested...make sure you buy the Blue Phillips brand. i guess the other brands have an oil like ingredient in it? Any q's...you can just message me! Try this ladies!!!!!!!!!! :):)

on 11/18/2009 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I tried milk of magnesia as a makeup primer and I'm very surprised!!!! I applied the milk of magnesia before my moisturizer and it works amazing for me!!!! My makeup lasts longer when i use this as a makeup primer, i think like 6 hour!!! I love milk of magnesia as a primer of course because its taste is awful !!!

on 11/1/2009 3:49:00 PM

I tried this product for a little while as a primer, I bought the Philips brand as previous reviewers were suggesting that the brand-name milk of magnesia was better than the no-name drugstore brand. As a primer, this worked out alright, I applied it with a cotton ball and it left a white residue all over my face but wasn't noticeable with the foundation over top. Unfortunately, this blocked my pores terribly! I ended up with horrible, horrible breakouts all over my face. I'd say my skin probably is more sensitive than normal skin, but I would never ever use this again on my skin and would not recommend to anybody, no primer is better for your skin than this is!

I would not recommend using this as a mask either, anything that blocks your pores as badly as this product does is not good to have on your face for any period of time, there are much better oil-absorbing masks out there (ie clay masks!) that do not cause breakouts. Do not use this product on your face people!

on 10/25/2009 7:07:00 AM

Ehhh I'm kinda on the fence on this one. I think that after applying it my face does have a pretty smooth canvas to apply makeup to but it really doesnt do much for my oily skin. After reading all the raves on here I feel like maybe im doing something wrong. I apply this after I cleanse tone and moisturize like other reviewers so I dont know whats up? Maybe Im not using enough? who knows, I just wish it worked for me! Luckily it was super cheap and I guess i can save it just in case i ever get constipated hahahaha

on 10/21/2009 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I definately agree with pishtosh's review below on this one!! I first found out about this through makeup alley and at first was creeped out by using it on my face but I was willing to give it a go, I have been using it for a couple of months and love it! My skintype is sensitive and acne-prone but I have normal cheeks and a VERY oily t-zone thanks to the VERY enlarged pores on my nose that get congested easily. I only use this on my nose due to the fact that that is where I have the most oil problem and I didn't want to break out my normal-combination cheeks by using it where I didn't necessarily need to! I put a layer on my nose after I have cleansed, toned and moisturised and let it dry, it does leave a milky coloured chalky residue that I just dust off with my finger. I find it works best in conjunction with a think medium-full coverage liquid foundation (I use Revlon CS and Estee Lauder DW mixed) for best oil control. If I don't use this as a primer on my nose I have to blot after around an hour but with this it is maybe two-three. Whilst this doesn't seem like a major difference it is to me! I no longer have to constantly worry that I have got oil breakthrough and that my makeup has slid off. I do have to blot throughout the day and my makeup still looks a bit ropey by the end of the day but imo I don't think any product on the planet would give me matte skin all day, I just don't believe it! If you have very oily skin sometimes you just have to accept it and do the best you can to cover it up. This is the only product that has made me relatively happy with how my skin looks throughout the day....hence it deserves 5 stars! I would recommend that you only use it where you really need it (t-zone only) to minimize the chance of breakout and thoroughly cleanse at night (I use Lush Dark Angels) because it can block pores. Will repurchase definately!

Popular Primer/ Correctors