October 24, 2014 | 1898 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Milk of Magnesia as Primer

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2009 12:54:00 PM More reviews by MsCathyD

Hey everyone. I need some feedback. I'm really confused right now if I should continue with this product or not. I don't know if i should give it more time, but i'm not seeing results like the other reviews i'm reading and i feel so hopeless and devistated! I have extremely oily skin. Every hour i have to blott my face with these oil pads and it comes up clear everytime! Thats how serious it is. I use MoM as a primer under my foundation and i'm not getting the results of less oil. Infact i feel like my skin is getting more oily...is that suppose to be happening and is that possible that MoM is doing this to my skin or a coincidence? My skin is still oily with MoM. Only thing i feel it does is maybe dry up the acne a little. I don't know what to do..any suggestions?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by ashley920

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you were to look in the dictionary for Oily Complexion...you would deffinetely see my picture next to it! For years, i have spent sooo much $$ trying to find products to keep my skin shine/oil free or at least keep my oil at bay! Either they would break me out or produce even more oil!

Thanks to MUA..who would have known that putting MoM would help keep my oil at bay?!! For 4 $s a bottle...this is unbelievable!!!! Its very worth it! My routine is that I wash my face & wait until dry. Shake the MoM bottle for a couple seconds...dip my finger into the cap & pat the MoM into my skin until fully dry. This would be my forehead & Nose. Make sure you pat INTO your skin until fully dry because this will leave a white filmy residue if you do not pat until it is dry...which isnt even a big deal because you can just lightly brush this film off with your fingers or a make up brush. This also makes for a extremely amazing make up primer! I have noticed many nights when i come home after hours of sweating from going out...this helps to keep my make up in place! I put this on & it makes my face soooo smooth & very soft & extremely matte! because even after i wash my face & my face dries..i still get that shiny look! ughh so annoying...

Now this doesnt eliminate all of my oil & shine...but it keeps it at bay much longer!!! & it seems as if i dont get as much oil & shine on my face when using this...if that makes any sence lol! I guess you can use this after a moisturizer..which i dont because i dont need to my face is already oily! & as far as people breaking out from this or clogging pores... ive been using this for 2 months & my skin is VERY acne prone..& i havent had any bad reactions since using this. Also, if interested...make sure you buy the Blue Phillips brand. i guess the other brands have an oil like ingredient in it? Any q's...you can just message me! Try this ladies!!!!!!!!!! :):)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by punkfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried milk of magnesia as a makeup primer and I'm very surprised!!!! I applied the milk of magnesia before my moisturizer and it works amazing for me!!!! My makeup lasts longer when i use this as a makeup primer, i think like 6 hour!!! I love milk of magnesia as a primer of course because its taste is awful !!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by cb23

I tried this product for a little while as a primer, I bought the Philips brand as previous reviewers were suggesting that the brand-name milk of magnesia was better than the no-name drugstore brand. As a primer, this worked out alright, I applied it with a cotton ball and it left a white residue all over my face but wasn't noticeable with the foundation over top. Unfortunately, this blocked my pores terribly! I ended up with horrible, horrible breakouts all over my face. I'd say my skin probably is more sensitive than normal skin, but I would never ever use this again on my skin and would not recommend to anybody, no primer is better for your skin than this is!

I would not recommend using this as a mask either, anything that blocks your pores as badly as this product does is not good to have on your face for any period of time, there are much better oil-absorbing masks out there (ie clay masks!) that do not cause breakouts. Do not use this product on your face people!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2009 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Samantha1224

Ehhh I'm kinda on the fence on this one. I think that after applying it my face does have a pretty smooth canvas to apply makeup to but it really doesnt do much for my oily skin. After reading all the raves on here I feel like maybe im doing something wrong. I apply this after I cleanse tone and moisturize like other reviewers so I dont know whats up? Maybe Im not using enough? who knows, I just wish it worked for me! Luckily it was super cheap and I guess i can save it just in case i ever get constipated hahahaha

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2009 10:39:00 AM More reviews by PCA05KAT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I definately agree with pishtosh's review below on this one!! I first found out about this through makeup alley and at first was creeped out by using it on my face but I was willing to give it a go, I have been using it for a couple of months and love it! My skintype is sensitive and acne-prone but I have normal cheeks and a VERY oily t-zone thanks to the VERY enlarged pores on my nose that get congested easily. I only use this on my nose due to the fact that that is where I have the most oil problem and I didn't want to break out my normal-combination cheeks by using it where I didn't necessarily need to! I put a layer on my nose after I have cleansed, toned and moisturised and let it dry, it does leave a milky coloured chalky residue that I just dust off with my finger. I find it works best in conjunction with a think medium-full coverage liquid foundation (I use Revlon CS and Estee Lauder DW mixed) for best oil control. If I don't use this as a primer on my nose I have to blot after around an hour but with this it is maybe two-three. Whilst this doesn't seem like a major difference it is to me! I no longer have to constantly worry that I have got oil breakthrough and that my makeup has slid off. I do have to blot throughout the day and my makeup still looks a bit ropey by the end of the day but imo I don't think any product on the planet would give me matte skin all day, I just don't believe it! If you have very oily skin sometimes you just have to accept it and do the best you can to cover it up. This is the only product that has made me relatively happy with how my skin looks throughout the day....hence it deserves 5 stars! I would recommend that you only use it where you really need it (t-zone only) to minimize the chance of breakout and thoroughly cleanse at night (I use Lush Dark Angels) because it can block pores. Will repurchase definately!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by angel_kiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

There is a HUGE difference when I use MoM as a primer. My foundation lasts longer, and it takes away some of the redness on my skin. It's not, however, AMAZINGLY GREAT at keeping my skin shine-free for hours and hours. I'm still shiny at the end of the day, but not as much as when I don't use MoM. My concern about this product is the long-term effects. I've been using this practically everyday for a month, and so far I haven't broken out from it, but who knows if it will stay that way?

However, I will say that so far it's been helping with my mild to moderate acne. Very recently, I've broken out with a lot of small whiteheads on my cheeks from using Olay Classic Moisturizer (I thought that it would be the same as using Olay Complete with zinc oxide, but nooo). It also made my face burn and really red, so I decided to put on some MoM. This was maybe one or two hours ago, and I'm so glad I did this because my skin has calmed down considerably. I can actually see the difference. There is a lot less redness and the bumps are gone. I've heard that MoM helps with acne, and I've noticed that my skin has been better since I started using MoM as a primer. Unfortunately, it's not the ultimate acne cure, but it definitely helps. I just hope that it doesn't turn on me later on.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by TeamBill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always make time to use this under my foundation. I have an extremely oily t-zone and this makes me look normal and not like a oil slick. I was my face, moisturize my dry spots and then I apply a light coat on my t-zone. If you get white streaks, just brush off with water like a previous reviewer said. I am medium/olive with yellow undertones and I can get tan in the summer, but I am still able to use this with the right application of foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by xhellodreamerx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really WANTED to love this product. But unfortunately, it did not work for me. I have very oily skin & was hoping to find a product that could keep my skin shine-free for the whole day... *Sigh* I applied it according to the recommended method & I have to admit, my skin did look nice once I put my foundation... It looked flawless & matte :) UNFORTUNATELY, it gave me REALLY BAD BREAKOUTS! Not only that, but my beautiful, matte complexion didn't last long. Only for a few hours. :( My acne was finally under control until I tried this product... My face exploded with breakouts! :(

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2009 2:35:00 PM More reviews by cacarson1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, I put this on as a toner, and for the first 3 days, I was thrilled! My skin looked great (it's very oily and breakout-prone), etc., etc. I even called my brother and told him to use it. Then, about 3 days later, my skin basically exploded into the worst breakout you have EVER seen. I thought it might be due to something else, but then my brother called me and screamed at me for telling him to use it, because he had broken out very badly as well! Not sure if we are allergic or whatever, but thought this might be helpful for some.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No