July 30, 2014 | 2089 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Milk of Magnesia

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2009 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Samantha1224

Ehhh I'm kinda on the fence on this one. I think that after applying it my face does have a pretty smooth canvas to apply makeup to but it really doesnt do much for my oily skin. After reading all the raves on here I feel like maybe im doing something wrong. I apply this after I cleanse tone and moisturize like other reviewers so I dont know whats up? Maybe Im not using enough? who knows, I just wish it worked for me! Luckily it was super cheap and I guess i can save it just in case i ever get constipated hahahaha

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2009 10:39:00 AM More reviews by PCA05KAT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I definately agree with pishtosh's review below on this one!! I first found out about this through makeup alley and at first was creeped out by using it on my face but I was willing to give it a go, I have been using it for a couple of months and love it! My skintype is sensitive and acne-prone but I have normal cheeks and a VERY oily t-zone thanks to the VERY enlarged pores on my nose that get congested easily. I only use this on my nose due to the fact that that is where I have the most oil problem and I didn't want to break out my normal-combination cheeks by using it where I didn't necessarily need to! I put a layer on my nose after I have cleansed, toned and moisturised and let it dry, it does leave a milky coloured chalky residue that I just dust off with my finger. I find it works best in conjunction with a think medium-full coverage liquid foundation (I use Revlon CS and Estee Lauder DW mixed) for best oil control. If I don't use this as a primer on my nose I have to blot after around an hour but with this it is maybe two-three. Whilst this doesn't seem like a major difference it is to me! I no longer have to constantly worry that I have got oil breakthrough and that my makeup has slid off. I do have to blot throughout the day and my makeup still looks a bit ropey by the end of the day but imo I don't think any product on the planet would give me matte skin all day, I just don't believe it! If you have very oily skin sometimes you just have to accept it and do the best you can to cover it up. This is the only product that has made me relatively happy with how my skin looks throughout the day....hence it deserves 5 stars! I would recommend that you only use it where you really need it (t-zone only) to minimize the chance of breakout and thoroughly cleanse at night (I use Lush Dark Angels) because it can block pores. Will repurchase definately!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by angel_kiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

There is a HUGE difference when I use MoM as a primer. My foundation lasts longer, and it takes away some of the redness on my skin. It's not, however, AMAZINGLY GREAT at keeping my skin shine-free for hours and hours. I'm still shiny at the end of the day, but not as much as when I don't use MoM. My concern about this product is the long-term effects. I've been using this practically everyday for a month, and so far I haven't broken out from it, but who knows if it will stay that way?

However, I will say that so far it's been helping with my mild to moderate acne. Very recently, I've broken out with a lot of small whiteheads on my cheeks from using Olay Classic Moisturizer (I thought that it would be the same as using Olay Complete with zinc oxide, but nooo). It also made my face burn and really red, so I decided to put on some MoM. This was maybe one or two hours ago, and I'm so glad I did this because my skin has calmed down considerably. I can actually see the difference. There is a lot less redness and the bumps are gone. I've heard that MoM helps with acne, and I've noticed that my skin has been better since I started using MoM as a primer. Unfortunately, it's not the ultimate acne cure, but it definitely helps. I just hope that it doesn't turn on me later on.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by TeamBill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always make time to use this under my foundation. I have an extremely oily t-zone and this makes me look normal and not like a oil slick. I was my face, moisturize my dry spots and then I apply a light coat on my t-zone. If you get white streaks, just brush off with water like a previous reviewer said. I am medium/olive with yellow undertones and I can get tan in the summer, but I am still able to use this with the right application of foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by xhellodreamerx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really WANTED to love this product. But unfortunately, it did not work for me. I have very oily skin & was hoping to find a product that could keep my skin shine-free for the whole day... *Sigh* I applied it according to the recommended method & I have to admit, my skin did look nice once I put my foundation... It looked flawless & matte :) UNFORTUNATELY, it gave me REALLY BAD BREAKOUTS! Not only that, but my beautiful, matte complexion didn't last long. Only for a few hours. :( My acne was finally under control until I tried this product... My face exploded with breakouts! :(

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2009 2:35:00 PM More reviews by cacarson1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, I put this on as a toner, and for the first 3 days, I was thrilled! My skin looked great (it's very oily and breakout-prone), etc., etc. I even called my brother and told him to use it. Then, about 3 days later, my skin basically exploded into the worst breakout you have EVER seen. I thought it might be due to something else, but then my brother called me and screamed at me for telling him to use it, because he had broken out very badly as well! Not sure if we are allergic or whatever, but thought this might be helpful for some.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by pishtosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a fantastic primer. Not a miracle in a bottle -- it's not perfect -- but it's as good as I've found! Nothing's even come close to this stuff.

My skin is pretty darn oily, I was having issues with my makeup wearing away/caking up/separating in my t-zone over the day. Nothing helped. After reading the great reviews for MoM, I picked up a bottle of the unflavoured kind at the drug store and tried it out. I wash my face, tone, apply a light moisturizer, then put a dot of the MoM on my forehead, nose, cheeks and chin and blend it in with my fingers. I let it dry and then brush away any white, chalky spots with a little water. Then just apply foundation, etc as usual! It definitely helps my makeup to last longer and look SO much better at the end of the day. I can wake up at 6, put my makeup on, and still look decent when I'm going to bed at 11 that night. It keeps my foundation from caking, makes my pores a lot less visible and my skin seems to like it; no breakouts!

Since that fateful first day trying MoM out, I haven't gone a day without it. In fact, on days when I'm in a rush and forget to use it, I regret it greatly. I transferred some out of the giant bottle it came in into a portable, small squeeze bottle, much easier to tote around in an overnight bag or whichever.

I will not stop using this stuff until I find a reason to, but I don't see that happening. It's been a solid month and a half and I see no downside to this stuff! SO cheap and so awesome, thank you MUA.

EDIT: Unfortunately (very, very unfortunately...) I've stopped using this primer. After a few months of everyday use, my skin seemed to build up an immunity. It got oilier! And no amount of MoM seemed to help; it only made things worse. My skin also looked dull and seemed to be easily irritated; looked blotchy and I was breaking out more. After stopping use, my skin has normalized, kind of. It's still oily, but not as oily. I would for sure use this for an important event; I'm sure using it every once in a while would work a lot better. But for everyday, it just didn't work. Very, very sad. =(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 3:55:00 AM More reviews by Ayustar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, this stuff is fantastic!! Have it on right now!

I have VERY oily skin, like it doesn't even take an hour after washing my face before I start to get oily. I have tried a whole bunch of things that claim they mattify the skin but none of it ever works well enough. I didn't think MoM sounded strange really, it kind of made sense to me, so I tried it without hesitation.

It works so well. I have to use a lot though, which is fine. I put some on, let it dry *it doesn't get chalky on first application* then I wait. Then I put more on and buff the chalkies away if there are any. Wait *all the while I am putting my eye makeup on* and then I put a little more on the places where I get oily the most and buff it out. It works really well! I know that sounds like putting a lot on, but trust me, my skin is crazy. I do this before I go to work because I find I have stress and anxiety at work which makes me produce more oil than if I were just relaxing at home.

I found that it works better for me if I don't put any makeup on my face, I just put Kryolan Anti Shine powder on and I am good. My skin is actually nice other than it is oily. I don't want to have to wear foundation, you know? I will pat a little bit around my nose where it is a bit red but other than that, I don't really wear any.

Anyways, I haven't found that it breaks me out *YET* so I can't really report anything bad about it so far. I even got the peppermint flavored one because I couldn't find it in plain. That is ok, I love mint so it is pleasant and it has saccharin in it, so it isn't sticky.

I would definately buy this again, it works so well!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by dopalives

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This works GREAT for controlling oil, BUT now I have zits. So it must be clogging my pores. I seldom have a pimple. Now I have 6!! Proceed with caution. It does control oil, but at the cost of breaking you out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2009 4:12:00 PM More reviews by jubeywho

This stuff works soo well to keep oilys at bay. I have oily skin and when i pat this into my oily spots it makes my skin matte all day. I dont have any issues with a white powdery residue or negative side effects. I only use this like once a week or two. I dont know how safe it is but i do know that it really really works like nothing else.