April 18, 2014 | 1806 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Meganm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used chemical exfoliation for years and sage corrective grains, but the Clarisonic kicked it up a notch-

My skin looks great and I am close to going without foundation after about 4 weeks!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by janeerackley

I sooooo wanted this to work for my skin, not least because of the high price. I am getting close to middle aged, I still have greasy skin with quite bad acne break outs and on top of that it's sensetive and prone to excessive redness as well. Not the easiest of skin types to manage!

I read A LOT of reviews for this before I decided to buy it. Overall, the reviews have been very good. I did notice that a large proportion of the negative reviews seemed to be from my age range and skin type, but being optimystic and desperate for better skin, I chose to ignore those ones!!!

The first two days of use, with my regular cleanser were great. My skin was softer and clearer. Then it went down hill rapidly from there.

After over a month of the worst breakouts of large, angry, inflamed spots I've ever had in my life (no exageration) I had to admit that this wasn't just my skin purging and it was only getting worse. I tried various settings with various gentle pH neatral cleansers, all to no avail. There was a slight positive in that the pores on my nose were clearer, but this wasn't worth the carnage to the rest of my face.

I have stopped using this for nearly four weeks now and my skin is still settling down. It's a lot better than what is was, but still much worse than before it got Clarisonic'd.

;-(

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Jbean1124

I bought the Clarisonic and within days i started breaking out in places i never break out before. I have combination skin and i break out pretty easily.. i was told this would work wonders to even out my skin tone and clear up my blemishes. I will admitt it exfoliated pretty well at 1st but after a few days my skin just went crazy and now i am left trying to fix it. I wish i was one of the hundreds of people who love this thing.. pretty bummed about it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by MizzLadyRob

Thank you clarisonic. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this brush. It is totally worth it. I don't think my skin has ever looked better. I didnt tell anyone that I was using it and after about a month the compliments came rolling in. People would tell me that my skin was glowing and that I lloked like I had on foundation. Becuase I break out pretty easily I decided to use the face was I been using but the results are to die for. this should have been seven lippies. GET this!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2011 4:51:00 AM More reviews by maneater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The Clarisonic does as promises.
My skin is clearer, softer, more radiant. I do find that my treatments (esp Retin. A) seem to work a lot better if I cleanse with my device before hand.

However, I do think that it is over priced. The same effects can be achieved using a gentle skin brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by cvalencia817

I love the exfoliation! Don't know what I did without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by koreancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had been debating about buying this for a couple of years now, the price was what made me so iffy, 200 bucks is alot to pay for a facebrush. But I made the leap and let me say that this is amazing, my skin has never looked better. I think the pores on my nose are actually shrinking, the tone is evening out, I had a little incident with purging but it was nothing really big. I also love to use the body brush once or twice a week to exfoliate my body. Makes your skin feel soo smooth and silky. I also use it on my hubby, he likes it too.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by asmith923

Works well for the first few weeks, however if you have acne-prone skin this will transfer bacteria from one part of your face to another, leading your face to breakout in areas it normally wouldn't. This might happen no matter how well you clean your brush.

I use clean and clear facewash (the one with triclosan) as a makeup remover. I follow with the clarisonic, however there is never any makeup or residue on the clarisonic brush -- the facewash is super strong and sufficient on its own.

and the price. ugh. what a waste of money. there are SO MANY acceptable alternatives to this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by SsjAnimeGW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very expensive but well worth it! I had awful clogged pores on my cheeks and after like one week my face was smooth and continues to be to this day. This is probably one of the best things I've ever bought for myself... don't think I would have to buy it again but wouldn't think twice if I had to. I LOVE THIS!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by prissy973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A general rule to follow with the Clarisonic is to make sure you change the brush often and to put the cap on. Once the brush is over used (between a month to two) the Clarisonic isn't able to penetrate the way it's suppose to. A lot of users make this mistake by not using the cap and so the bristles get damaged which make the brush not work/penetrate the way it is made to. I've been using the Clarisonic since late January and I've seen visible results, especially in the serums and moisturizers I use. I also used to not care about the way I handled the brush, but after doing some research I see the big impact it has on it.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No