January 29, 2015 | 1284 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Ksenia1

I hate Clarisonic! It gave me the worst acne I've ever had. My face was inflamed. It broke me out like crazy. I have tried everything to make it work: sensitive brush, change the cleanser, using it only in the evening, than only 2-3 times a week... but nothing really helps. Only when I stopped using the damn thing, my skin started to recover.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2011 1:37:00 AM More reviews by trayw86

I have very acne prone oily skin with enlarged pores, my skin is also sensitive and can flare up red with flaking skin if I use any cleansers/creams with harsh ingredients in it. I use my clarisonic day and night, unless I've had a bad reaction to something which makes my skin far to sensitive to any type of scrubbing/exfoliating. I use the clarisonic so religiously because it does help with my breakouts and congestion, it doesn't 'cure' it as in get rid of everything (and I still have enlarged pores but they are a bit less noticeable now) but I'd say my skin is 80% better off with it, it also really helped me with pigmentation so now my face looks a lot brighter then before too. I've gone off using retin-a and antibiotics with my skin still being relatively clear and I have never been able to do that before without having horrific breakouts, I've also recently just stopped using the pill and whilst I have had some minor breakouts from stopping its usage its nothing I haven't been able to handle in combination with finding creams/cleansers to work with my skin, also I no longer use as much of my skin care products as now my skin absorbs them so much easier with better results then before. I've also just swapped using the sensitive brush head for the deep pore brush head, however I'll have to update the post later with how thats going. I do also use the body brush head for my body as well every few nights mainly on my thighs, chest, back and bikini area. I think the body brush on my cellulite has been helping slightly due to exfoliating and vibrations of the brush head being like a little massage and circulation booster whilst using it, and on my bikini area it helps a little with ingrowns i get from waxing. I've also noticed any blemishes on my face/body where i use the clarisonic now heal quicker and the pigmentation mark that is normally left behind from them disappears quicker too. So overall whilst not a 'cure' (I don't think there is anything that will magically make our skin perfect anyway) this product has worked for me quite significantly and thats why I love it and will continue using it.
UPDATE: Ok, since going of the pill, its about 2 1/2 months now with no pill, my skin has gone NUTS and my beloved clarisonic wasn't clearing my skin like it used to in fact I think for how bad my skin has become (like inflamed irritated acne) the brush scrubbing on already inflamed skin was just making it worse. I've currently ordered the products from acne.org and have ditched the clarisonic for now. I'm only a few days into the products but already my skin in combination with these new products and VERY gentle cleansing I've already started to see a little bit of improvement in the inflammation of my acne (pimples aren't as raised red and sore anymore its more like they are starting to dry out). When my skin goes back to its normal state (or if) I'll try the clarisonic again and see how I go because it was good for me when I only had congestion and a couple pimples.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I started out with the 3 speed(the pro model) back in 2007 before Clarisonic introduced the new plus and models from my dermatologist office. I eventually upgraded to the new pro model when it was introduced in late 2009 early 2010. I have been using the Clarisonic for over 3 years now, prior to that, I visited my local spa for facials once a month. I have normal to combo skin with whiteheads, and occasional breakouts. I wanted to improve the overall look, and tone to my skin; I must say that using the Clarisonic have greatly improved my skin so much so that I no longer need dermatologist, and spa visits for facials. Since using this, I noticed that I use less product especially moisturizers as it saturates my skin. I no longer use medium/heavy coverage foundations I just use a light coverage foundation or tinted moisturizer! My skin went from hyper pigmented to smooth clear and even toned. My occasional breakouts has been reduced to a minor bump or two during that time of the month. The pro has 4 speeds pro,high,normal, and low. The pro setting works well for deep cleaning, also Clarisonic recently introduced a brush head for the purpose of deep cleaning. This model of the Clarisonic has 2 speeds for the body constant and pulse. (which I love as I use this to exfoliate the rough areas it works great on the body as well)
I use my brush with my own foaming facial cleanser( Estee Lauder perfectly clean splash away foaming cleanser) as I find that it works best for me. I really hated the sample facial cleansing system that came with the Clarisonic, So using the cleansing system with the Clarisonic is optional.
I would not recommend use of the Clarisonic for people suffering from Rosacea, or cystic acne, and as it worsens these conditions

Pros- Over time this was well worth the price for me since using this, my skin requires less product usage(moisturizers,serums,creams etc..) resulting in huge savings $$$ overtime on Products, facials, and Dermatology visits.

Cons-This is a little too big for travel, but I got the Clarisonic mia to solve that problem!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Adeniye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have owned the clarisonic brush for about 10 months now. When i initially got it, i felt as though there it had not helped much in making a difference in my skin texture. I was wrong. After about 2 months of using the clarisonic, I could tell my skin texture had drastically improved. I consider the clarisonic brush to be my best beauty purchase for the year 2010 and if i had to, i woul definetely buy this brush again. like others have said, it makes whatever product you are using on you skin more efficient.My skin glows and looks much more youthful. Its definetely worth the splurge.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by hawaiian_tropic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG HG HG HG.....wow I wish I caved in and bought this product sooner. My skin had a makeover.....overall it's clearer,smoother,softer,etc....I already had noticed a difference within a week. Definitely worth the money. So easy to use too!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by pissandvinegar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love my Clarisonic brush, I splurged and went for the regular sized one because I feel like if I'm going to invest a good amount of money in a skin care product, I may as well go big. Anyway, I see a lot of mentions from people how it has greatly improved their skin's general condition. That is not the case so much for me. My skin certainly hasn't worsened or anything like that but it's pretty much the same as before... just CLEANER... and that is precisely why I wanted this brush. For a girl that wears a good deal of make up almost every day, I need something that's going to give my skin a good scrubbing and get all the stuff off. It also really enhances whatever cleanser you are using and utilizes it to it's best ability. I've also found that you can get about 90 days (which I think is the recommended length) out of one brush head.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Meganm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used chemical exfoliation for years and sage corrective grains, but the Clarisonic kicked it up a notch-

My skin looks great and I am close to going without foundation after about 4 weeks!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by janeerackley

I sooooo wanted this to work for my skin, not least because of the high price. I am getting close to middle aged, I still have greasy skin with quite bad acne break outs and on top of that it's sensetive and prone to excessive redness as well. Not the easiest of skin types to manage!

I read A LOT of reviews for this before I decided to buy it. Overall, the reviews have been very good. I did notice that a large proportion of the negative reviews seemed to be from my age range and skin type, but being optimystic and desperate for better skin, I chose to ignore those ones!!!

The first two days of use, with my regular cleanser were great. My skin was softer and clearer. Then it went down hill rapidly from there.

After over a month of the worst breakouts of large, angry, inflamed spots I've ever had in my life (no exageration) I had to admit that this wasn't just my skin purging and it was only getting worse. I tried various settings with various gentle pH neatral cleansers, all to no avail. There was a slight positive in that the pores on my nose were clearer, but this wasn't worth the carnage to the rest of my face.

I have stopped using this for nearly four weeks now and my skin is still settling down. It's a lot better than what is was, but still much worse than before it got Clarisonic'd.

;-(

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Jbean1124

I bought the Clarisonic and within days i started breaking out in places i never break out before. I have combination skin and i break out pretty easily.. i was told this would work wonders to even out my skin tone and clear up my blemishes. I will admitt it exfoliated pretty well at 1st but after a few days my skin just went crazy and now i am left trying to fix it. I wish i was one of the hundreds of people who love this thing.. pretty bummed about it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by MizzLadyRob

Thank you clarisonic. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this brush. It is totally worth it. I don't think my skin has ever looked better. I didnt tell anyone that I was using it and after about a month the compliments came rolling in. People would tell me that my skin was glowing and that I lloked like I had on foundation. Becuase I break out pretty easily I decided to use the face was I been using but the results are to die for. this should have been seven lippies. GET this!