Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara

3.7

on 5/27/2008 12:39:00 AM

Eh, it was okay. I was a HUGE fan of the Endless Performance mascara and have been scarred since they discontinued it. I loved how the curved brush physically separated my lashes and it didn't flake....at all. Some people didn't like it, but I loved how the stuff came off. In their development of the Ultimate mascara, Mary Kay didn't retain what I loved about their former product. It seem to go on more gloppy even though their goal was to apply the perfect amount on the first swipe. I had to really work to separate my lashes. I probably won't be buying again unless Sephora is not an option.

on 5/26/2008 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Love it! On my second tube, and still loving it. It ranks right up there with my fave Origins Lash Loving Mascara. The brush is the perfect size, easy to get to the corners of your eyes and the lower lash line without bumping a huge brush everywhere. The formula is creamy, not too thin, not too thick, and definitely not dry. Lasts without flaking or smearing. Also very lengthening and volumizing. I'll keep going back to this to repurchase.

on 4/27/2008 5:38:00 PM

This is the best mascara I've ever tried! And boy, am I picky about my mascara. This one is very easy to build up, so you can go from a natural look to a night-out look with the same product! Since I curl my eyelashes after applying mascara, I've had many mascaras flake like crazy, but this one (almost) doesn't! Another plus is that is stays on exceptionally well, without being waterproof. I can sleep in it and still not have racoon eyes in the morning! How nice is that?! Now I can stay over at my boyfriend's and not worry about looking like a freak in the morning. Hehe. However, because of its staying power, it can be a hassle to wash off without make-up remover. So keep that handy and you'll be good to go!

on 4/23/2008 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff ROCKS! I've used Lancome and other pricey brands and this stuff by far exceeds the others. The price is average and the packaging - well who cares. The mascara instantly made my lashes nice and long and full. I truely think this is better than anything I've tried and I think I've tried them all! This will be my go to from now on.

I bought this mascara a couple times. I do like it. It did lenghen and volumize my lashes. They also would keep curled after I applied it after my lash curler which is a major plus for me. I wish it would however, not run so much when I cry. Wonder if they will make a waterproof one? But all in all. Very nice Mascara and I would purchase this again.

I was really surprised by this mary kay mascara...
like mary kay is not bad..but i didn't think their mascara could be that good. BUt it is!

It makes me short spare asian eyelashes turn into long long ones! WITHOUT a primer...

i tried it with Bourjois Mascara primer and it didn't make a difference...it was actually less long with it. (but maybe mine is running out?)

i ended up buying the MK ultimate mascara...even tho i was looking forward to buying something from sephora. (the stuff i tried at sephora just didn't work as well)

on 3/28/2008 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Like everyone posting their comments, I've used many, many different mascaras through the years. I stayed with LOreals Voluminous for years. When I first tried the Ultimate, I FELL IN LOVE!! It truly makes the lashes fuller and longer with just a few coats...and love the brush.

on 3/24/2008 11:48:00 PM

This mascara went on really clumpy for me, and flaked mid-day.

on 3/16/2008 3:09:00 PM

I really like this mascara. I got a sample from my MK lady, loved it, and bought it. More than I usually spend, but it barely clumps and I love the brush.

on 12/20/2007 4:13:00 PM

This product is a fairly good mascara but I have tried many that are better. At the end of the day I feel that most of this is off, and it flakes and smudges. The one thing that I don't like is that the pkg dries up very quickly. It is good for a very light make up day, and you really want to look natural. I will not repurchase this item.