April 16, 2014 | 1923 users online

Cleansers - Bioderma - Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm reviewing this product on its eye makeup removing abilities as this is what I use it for. This is one of the best eye makeup remover products I've ever used. It's very effective at removing all of the smudges I make when applying my mascara each morning (and I make lots since I apply several coats!) It's gentle and doesn't require a lot of pulling around the eyes to remove makeup. I also sometimes use this at night to remove mascara and find it does an equally good job at cleaning all the last remnants of mascara, etc. Like I said, it's very gentle and non-irritating, non-drying and although I don't use it as a cleansing water for my face, I have tried it for this and found that it was nice for my skin and didn't cause any reaction. I would recommend this product if you can get your hands on it, and have already purchased a second bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by ladymakeup93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this product because it does exactly was it says on the tin, even thought it is in French. I was deliberating for about a month about buying this, I read so many reviews and did so much research, after all for a water bases cleanser, its quite expensive. But after putting it off for so long, I bought it. I bought it off of E-bay for £15 + P&P, I went for the 500ml bottle.

I only really uses it to take my eye make-up off, ( It does this really well,. Soaked on two cotton pads its quite soothing and realizing, no tugging or rubbing needed) if I do use it to take any face make-up off I will always follow up with a cleansing wash, This is mainly because I have quite blemish prone/oily skin and I don't think it would give my skin a deep enough cleanse at the end of a day. But for travelling (train/bus or even lazy times, when you cant be bothered to wash cleanse) I think it would do much better that wipes, except that you might need a smaller bottle, you would have to buy these as the lids are sealed and you wouldn't be able to transfer it over.

I am Running out of mine, I will be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by littledebs2011

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this several times. I would like to find s'thing cheaper but I love the soothing refreshing feeling as I use this product. I use 3 shisheido pads to remove all traces of makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 4:17:00 AM More reviews by annqay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first bought it, I had my problems. I couldn't relate to the praise. Okay, it removed my mascara (not waterproof) decently but my previous cleanser had done this job as well.
I tried it as an overall cleanser but I didn't like the feeling on my skin. Yes, fine, it removed everything but it felt awfully sticky afterwards when I washed my face again with water.
I know that's this is not necessary and not even recommended, but to my excuse: I was pretty paranoid to break out from its residue as my skin was very sensitive and irritated already. Sometimes, this stuff even burnt a little.
Therefore I was very delighted when I ran out of it.
A few years later (and having read many additional praises) I tried it again. I wanted to have something that got rid of my sunscreen and my regular cleanser failed impressively. Since I didn't want to use something harsh but with a nice PH-level to be able to use AHAs or BHAs afterwards, I gave this one another try. And I am happy I did. I even used it solely in the evening over a month (without any additional cleansing or water rinse) and - surprise - it didn't break me out. It didn't even sting or irritate.
Now I'm switching between this and my other cleanser, because I really don't like the waste I produce with all the cotton pads. But when I use the other cleanser I still have to work with this for one last cleanse, especially for the eye area.

For comparison: I only tried a few other micellar waters:
* Yves Rocher Eau Micellaire: Quite okay but I found it not as gentle as this one. I also had to use more to get the same effect.
* Avene Nanolotion: horrible stuff. I wanted to like it but we just couldn't disagree more. Gave it to a friend after three days and found out that I am allergic to one of the main ingredients. Hooray. Regarding the cleansing effect: sorry, don't remember. Skin felt awful and sticky.

Overall:
I would and already did repurchase. As long as my skin is not uber-sensitive it works fine. Since you need cotton pads or something similar, there is always a bit friction which can be too much if the skin is overly sensitive. (To be fair: whenever my skin is in a state of hypersensitivity, I can barely tolerate anything apart from sprayed Avene Thermal water.)
Also, it completely fails to remove water resistant mascara (tried with Mac Factor 2000 calories). This is not per se a problem but since it proclaims otherwise... well.
If I could I'd rate it 4.5 but so I'll go with 5 because it is sunny and I'm in a fantastic mood today.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by susiej

I bought because of the hype. Every pro and their dog seems to rave about Bioderma so I had to try it.

I have sensitive eyes that react to quite a lot of products. Generally if I am going to have a reaction the area around will go red like I am wearing a crimson/brown eyeshadow up to my brow bone that lasts about 3 hours. It's not pretty. So I am always on the look out for a good quality remover that will do its job efficiently and gently!

It's worth the hype as far as I'm concerned. Using a soaked cotton pad, holding it to the eye for about ten secs and then wiping, takes the lot off. And I don't react. Hallelujah. It feels as gentle on my eyes as water.

I've also used Bioderma as a first step cleanser to breakdown my foundation (ELDWL) and it does a very fine job of that too. I don't know if I would trust it necessarily to be the only cleanser I would use for all of my makeup but it works really well to get the majority off so that second stage cleansing completes the process.

The only slight negative that I have is that I think it might be a touch drying (it leaves no residue at all) but it is nothing that my routine moisturiser can't fix. It is the only thing that stops it being flat-out perfect for me- and I'm still giving it full marks because I think it is as close as I'll get to the ideal eye make up remover.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2013 8:12:00 AM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm on my second bottle of this and wondering why I even repurchased this.
Pros:
- Cleanses skin very well
- Removes face make up effectively
- Hasn't broken me out
- Doesn't sting my eyes

Cons:
- Quite pricey outside Europe. Currently retails at AU $29 for 250mL.
- Crap at removing waterproof mascara and long lasting eyeliners (gels / pencils). It's decent in removing non-waterproof mascara even though i have to rub my eyes a few times.
- I find that I use a lot of this to completely remove my face make up - 4 cotton pads soaked in product.

Overall: over hyped, grossly overpriced, excessive product wastage, subpar in removing eye make up. I'd rather to stick to using 30 pack $2 face wipes to remove face make up and an oil-based remover to remove eye make up.
I will not repurchase.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This took off my makeup in less than one minute. I don't wear heavy makeup or mascara though. You just cannot beat how fast this works. I love it when i'm lazy, which is most of the time. Especially in the summer, i just can't wait to remove my makeup. The minute i got home, (i keep this in my room instead of my bathroom where my other cleansers are) i'll reach for this. There is no second cleansing needed.

There is no sticky feeling after using this. No fragrance, feels gentle, looks just like water. I don't foresee ever being without this. This will always be part of my skincare routine, alternating with cleansing milk, balm etc

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Mariezy

A lot of product from one bottle, and even though it feels like I use a lot (one soaked cotton pad) everyday to remove the makeup, in reality it's just about 10 drops to remove foundation and most of my eye makeup. Plus one more drop on a Q-tip to remove the rest of my eye.

With the soaked pad, I put it over my eye for 15 seconds, and gently shift it around and then peel off the cotton pad, to get most of the makeup off.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by JG41

I bought this product after rave reviews in glossy magazines. I found I had to use a lot of it to get make up off when I only ever wear a small amount of make up. The worst part was the BURNING in my eyes from this product! I would never put this stuff near my eyes again. I left a product review on the Bioderma site to the effect that I would not recommend due to the severe burning in the eyes from this product. Interestingly, I received an email today from bioderma stating that my review did not meet their 'guidelines' and had been 'rejected'. When I tried to click on the page about what their 'guidelines' actually are, I got an error message with no information! I have found many reviews online regarding the awful burning from this product and it seems to me that Bioderma do not like any negative reviews and remove them. I think this speaks volumes about their products.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by pinimon162

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Really rate this product for removing face makeup and there's a reason makeup artists do too - one soaked cotton pad to remove all base makeup and there was no residue on the second. Really gets your face clean. I think it's priced decently, and I prefer more pharmaceutical packaging so that gets a thumbs-up from me too. Lack of ingredients are really good for my sensitive skin and make me feel assured there's no unnecessary chemicals that could be possible skin irritants.

Downsides are the lack of availability, the fact that it dried my skin out sometimes if I didn't follow with moisturiser, and I CANNOT use it around my eyes. I never thought my eyes were that sensitive - this cleanser specifically for sensitive skin made my eyes burn and weep and it was awful.

If I'm going to use a micellar water as a cleanser, I really want it to be an all-in-one. I don't want a separate eye make up remover or toner, and I don't want to HAVE to moisturise after all the time because this is meant to be a good lazy option!

I'm on the fence about repurchasing - I don't wear much face makeup, but it was a good skin cleanser and really cleared my skin up - these 'micelles' really do draw out all grime and impurities. Hmm..I'll be generous and put 'yes'. Cleanses like a dream but irritates my eyes..would love to find a micellar cleanser that does the first without the latter!