August 29, 2014 | 1740 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Smog

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by kariram9

Love Smog! This shadow is highly pigmented and very easy to blend. It's a coppery color but not too red orange. So glad to have found this shadow!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by taraholenmyheart

It's a bit expensive for my taste (16.00 for a pot) but well worth it. Lasts FOREVER, goes on great, amazing texture. This stuff is great. I put some lighter shadow over it usually.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by maybeiloveyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous bronze/brown color, with a hint of olive green. Looks like dark gold in certain lighting. Doesn't have as much glitter fallout as other UD shadows. I think this is a gorgeous color wet or dry, dressed up or down, and will look great on all skin colors (especially darker ones). Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 1:34:00 AM More reviews by sugarbrokespice

Awhile back I got an Urban Decay eyeshadow palette that included Smog. When I first looked at it I thought, "there's no way I'll ever try that one!" To me the color looked like it embodied its namesake a little too much, and it appeared dingy. But eventually I broke down and gave it a try and I'm glad I did. It looks so completely different on my eyes than it does in the palette!
Smog is the perfect shade of bronze-brown. It really works well with my hazel eyes. It brings out the brown tones and is a nice contrast to the green. I feel like my eye color really "pops" with this shade. Definitely one of my fav eye shadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by itshannah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEAUTIFUL eyeshadow! Especially paired with UD Smog Eyeliner. This eyeshadow has that hologram effect- you can see several colors at the same time, namely gold, brown, olive green.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Yes, I swore off Urban Decay eyeshadows... because of previously bad choices of too glittery UD shadows that deposited no color- just chunky glitter- on my lids. Wasted money and tossed 'em right in the trash! But SMOG??? Smog is different! Smog is not like ordinary UD eyeshadows! Here's how I found out about Smog:
I saw a youtube video of a girl doing a brown, metallic, smokey eye using UD Smog and who-knows-what-else (the Smog is what really "made" the look). Smog looked so stunning on her, I knew I had to check it out the next time I popped in Ulta or Sephora. I swatched it in Ulta... loved it, bought it, gave it a home. I used it almost everyday since I bought it, and it is a marvelous find! Smog is the perfect bronze-brown, and great for the crease. It is not too shiny, glittery, red, or sparkly. (It is similar to a MAC Veluxe Pearl finish, IMO.)
The other day, I wore it with BB Gold Dust (from her Burnt Sugar Metallics palette) on the lid, and Smog in crease, outer corners, and as a lower lid liner. I was later complimented by a make-up artist at the Bobbi Brown counter on my "beautiful eye makeup" as I was browsing their display! (That's a BIG deal for me!) :o)
I don't think I'm going to convert over to Urban Decay anytime soon, but I do like this one eyeshadow (Smog), and I would definitely recommend it. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2008 11:27:00 PM More reviews by bailaoragaditana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smog is a nice bronzy-brown that can function as a neutral or as part of a golden-brown smokey eye. I wear it both as an everyday color (more of a wash) and as a going-out look (with black liner and a bronze-nude lip), and it achieves a fine point of equilibrium between dramatic and bruised. The formula is smooth and there's not any real glitter to worry about (which is why I avoid some UD shadows), it's primarily just rich shimmer. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2007 7:23:00 PM More reviews by brennau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really really like this shadow. I have very pale skin and usually bronze colors look too coppery on me but this one is great. I put this in the crease of my eye and it makes them pop. Makes a really pretty alternative to the typical smokey eye. It doesn't crease at all on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2007 7:37:00 PM More reviews by luli29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Smog. It can look natural, yet you can combine it with other colors to get a more smokey look at night. Its great!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 4:06:00 AM More reviews by boscardin

This is an awesome bronze/brown color. It also applies very easily and you don't need much to make a dramatic effect. It's smooth and glides on nicely (depending on your brush of course).