August 30, 2014 | 1753 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2009 9:05:00 AM More reviews by patpatpatpat

I've only been using this for about a week and I know it's too soon to write a review but I would like to keep a record of my progress for this one... So far it's working fine. My only other experience with facial oils is Clarin's Blue Orchid and I'm still undecided on that. However I'm using this as a nighttime cleansing oil more than anything else. I follow this with a cleansing lotion and my skin is left very very clean yet soft and pores are greatly diminished. I have tried using it as a serum and although I like waking up to super soft skin I don't like how long it takes to absorb. But generally so far so good, no clogged pores or breakouts. Will edit if anything changes. Edit: Ha! I knew it was too good to be true. This started clogging up my pores big time! It's still good for removing eye make up... I think I'll use it up as a hair treatment...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by perfectionist_virgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Out of all the readily available/commonly used for OCM oils (olive, jojoba, castor, etc) I find this is the best for my skin. This is good for a facial steaming/removing make up. I do not suggest leaving this on if you have the type of skin where nothing truly sinks in because this will be no exception and if you're lucky enough that it does, it'll be awhile. This oil does do a good job of nourishing my skin before cleansing when its exceptionally dehydrated. And it does not cause breakouts, cystic or otherwise!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 11:02:00 AM More reviews by ckgyspy

Wow!!-- I have combination skin and thought that sweet almond oil might make me break out but based on the reviews here I figured I would give a try. No breakouts!! (of course it is winter time so we will see once the weather gets warmer).

I have seen a noticible minimizing effect of the fine lines on my forehead much more so than the expensive anti-aging products (it seems to be only in the morning, when I wake up). I've only been using it for about 3 weeks. I use it as a makeup remover at night and wipe off with a cotton pad (no need to moisturize). I would love to use it in the day time but the oil doesn't absorb fast enough.. so I use it when I don't have to leave the house. Great stuff and you can't beet the price!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 5:19:00 AM More reviews by almost40

I have started using oils to moisturise after cleansing with them for ages and loving the results.I mixed almond oil with grapeseed oil and applied a drop while my skin was still slightly damp then went to bed.The next morning my skin glowed! I couldn't believe it,my makeup went on like a dream and my 41 year old skin looks flawless.I will never buy cleansers or moisturisers again,will stick to oils :o)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by MissSayuri

I bought the Aura Cacia Sweet Almond Oil when i read the reviews on MUA.

I was really skeptical to use the oil on my face especially when i've never really used any oils before. Using my previous skin regimen i would usually have clear skin but with massive dry, peeling patches around my cheeks and lips.

Once using Sweet Almond Oil my skin is nourished all over! I no longer have dry patches and my co-worker says my skin is dewy looking.

The only advice i have is that its a bit tricky to get just one drop and that's all i pretty much needed. Sometimes i mix it up with a little bit of facial lotion to distribute it nicely. The best is to massage it thoroughly onto face after a hot shower when the pores are open.

The aura cacia bottle packging is awesome because it has a rubber top dispenser that neatly dispenses drops instead of having it leak out down the side. The other thing is that my hands get a bit oily after application so i wash my hands before i touch other objects.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 11:44:00 AM More reviews by jessijay

By far, my favorite facial oil (along with camellia). Both are incredibly soothing and moisturizing w/o being heavy. When I switched from RAM to TAZ, my skin needed pampering & moisture. I break out terribly with any silicones! So cold-pressed oils have been a staple in my routine for years. I rotate sweet almond or EVOO for oil cleansing method. Makes an awesome nightly serum (mixed with facial spray or toner). It's also great for soothing rough cuticles. Look for cold-pressed, UNrefined & organic. Also look for vitamin E on the ingredient list, it helps to keep the oil from oxidising as quickly. Shelf life should be approx 1 year max. I recommend Heritage Products.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

I tell ya, Whole Foods has become THE place to shop for face/body/hair care products. Sweet Almond Oil is so hydrating and nourshing. Just add a drop to all your favorite (and not so favorite) products, including hair, and watch wonders work. After you have applied your make up for the day, add a drop to palm of hands (teensy bit!) and pat gently into your face. Talk about glow! Make sure you purchased PURE Sweet Amond Oil. Read the label, as some have fillers. Like I've been saying here at MUA, more $$$$ for the fun stuff. I always believed pure, natural ingredients works best on face, body and hair. Luv it. This and Jojoba Oil are right up front of my stash. They have both earned their place. Bravo!

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2009 3:16:00 AM More reviews by magicBUS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is hands down the best facial moisturizer i have ever used. one of the best things about this is it is dirt cheap. i got a bottle for about 8 bucks for 16oz. i usually mix the oil with a couple drops of a lavender and tea tree oil blend. this makes my pores look tiny and keeps my skin clear, luminous, and moisturized. (and my skin is really prone to mild acne. so far, this in conjunction with a good diet, has cleared my skin and i have tried EVERYTHING, chemical and natural) i highly recommend this to all skin types. it seems counter intuitive that an oil would keep your pores clear and luminous but this does! try this now it'll save you a lot of time and money :)

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by SG444

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wish I'd started using sweet almond oil sooner. I would have saved a bundle on more expensive products that don't come close to the benefits I get from this oil. I use sweet almond oil after a shower, sometimes mixing with a bit of body moisturizer. I also use it on my face at night and am astounded how well it moisturizes without breaking me out. I have gotten clogged pores with other products that contain silicones, but sweet almond oil not only moisturizes better than any product I've used before, it never breaks me out. My skin can be both dry and oily but since I've been using this, it's become more normal. I find that I need fewer blotting sheets throughout the day AND, I have fewer dry patches. It truly has helped normalize my skin. I would highly recommend this to anyone.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by jennifer_ca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm LOVING Sweet Almond Oil (SAO).

Over the past year I've been experimenting with both Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) & SAO as a make-up remover, cleanser & moisturizer, but felt EVOO was too thick and did not absorb well or quick enough to be a daily a.m. moisturizer. I read that SAO was lighter so I switched.

For make-up removal (mascara too) and as OCM, I use several drops of SAO and massage it around my face, then use a warm washcloth to remove. Then I use 2 drops for moisturizing my face and neck. It absorbs within a minute or two, and like the poster before, if I apply this at night I wake with plumper, more glowing skin. I have not experienced any break-out pimples from using this (monthly hormonal pimples don't count).

After reading some of the other posters comments, I decided to try 2 drops on my towel-dried hair. I noticed when blowdrying, my hair dried much faster and is styling better too. After I blow-dry, I use a hot air brush to smooth & style. I won't say that it is a miracle worker as I've only used it twice on my hair, so I can't comment on the long term effects, good or bad.

I purchased a bottle of the De La Cruz brand from CVS drugstore (see uploaded picture #2). I found it in the Hispanic health section. The price was around $3.00 US. I'm enjoying research & experiment with natural products like home-made sugar scrubs, pinch of baking soda mixed with shampoo as a clarifier, etc. Next I'd like to play around with other oils (coconut, avocado, jojoba, etc.).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No