December 19, 2014 | 1560 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by ran1216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love, love sweet almond oil. This is so good for not only a moisturizer for face and body but, really good in a homemade mask. Just use some honey, jojoba oil and sweet almond oil and it makes your skin just glow! Just as the previous reviewer said run,don't walk and get you some!!! (you can also use some sweet almond oil in cooking makes cakes very moist!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG product for my skin care regime. I am in my late 30s and I don't have a wrinkle or line on my face and I attribute this to using almond oil for the past 5+ years (and of course good genes and to my mother who swears by this product).

I use Sweet Almond Oil to remove my makeup (esp. my waterproof mascara); as a facial pre-wash prior to washing my face (day or evening); I add a few drops to my nightly moisturizer during the winter months to ward off dry skin; and I use it as a "lotion" for my skin after I get out of shower - it absorbs quickly and doesn't leave an oily residue. Sweet Almond Oil tones and softens my skin, lightened (i.e. almost removed) my hereditary under eye dark circles and the scars on my body that I have had since childhood, and prevents facial wrinkles/lines. I also use it as a carrier oils for the essential oils I use on my hair and it makes my hair shiny, healthy and extremely moisturized - esp. the ends of my hair.

My suggestion is that you run, not walk, and go get yourself a case of this HG product - your skin will love you for it!!!

30 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Ceci2468

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this oil. I love making my own lotion. I use this with grapeseed oil and jojoba oil, a little bit of water and lecithin, then I use the handheld blender and whip it for a few minutes. You can also add essential oil if you want. I make enough to last about a month and store it in the refrigerator (will last about a month since it doesn't have preservative). Very good moisturizer for body, face and even hair. Making your own lotion is great. You know exactly what's in it. I recommend it.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by whitebook

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh, I am trying EVOO, then the avocado oil, and now the sweet almond oil. I found the sweet almond oil is the most moisturizing among the three, it makes your skin softer while avocado oil is the oil that take the itch away. EVOO is better for hair and feet IMO. I guess I will use almond sweet oil for face, my body with avocado, and hair with EVOO. the sweet almond oil is for sale at Down to Earth (any organic food store) mine is 4.99 for 4 fl. oz (brand: NOW personal care.) update: it made my skin soft, however, I got few (one or two) tiny whiteheads/red dots every time I added this to the skincare routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2009 5:18:00 AM More reviews by ali_has_curves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the few oils which I apply on my body, I buy a NZ brand called healtheries. It comes in a 500ml bottle. My Mum swears by this and often I use the Sweet Almond Oil as my body moisturiser in the winter months. This lovely after having shaved my legs, and body exfoliation. Cheap inexpensive, at grocery stores.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by kkarm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have oily skin BUT beware –problem with oily skin is we tend to over-dry it which leads to the skin thinking it needs more oil and thus the shine and oily face!! So the trick is to moisturize really well, oily skin needs OIL.

I started getting a lot of white heads and cysts, but skin was good never had this problem. Turns out thanks to winter this year my skin is extra dehydrated. Tried to wash/moisturize it wasn’t sufficient.. ENTER ALMOND OIL it did wonders.

Use: wash face, my skin extra dry, I take 5-6 drops massage into skin. Let it sink in about 30seconds then I top it with my cetaphil moisturizer.

Most other reviewers said it did not sink in, may be my skin is extra dry but the oil absorbs quite instantly. I use it day time, apply make-up then evening as well. So far great dewy skin, no more cysts, breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2009 9:05:00 AM More reviews by patpatpatpat

I've only been using this for about a week and I know it's too soon to write a review but I would like to keep a record of my progress for this one... So far it's working fine. My only other experience with facial oils is Clarin's Blue Orchid and I'm still undecided on that. However I'm using this as a nighttime cleansing oil more than anything else. I follow this with a cleansing lotion and my skin is left very very clean yet soft and pores are greatly diminished. I have tried using it as a serum and although I like waking up to super soft skin I don't like how long it takes to absorb. But generally so far so good, no clogged pores or breakouts. Will edit if anything changes. Edit: Ha! I knew it was too good to be true. This started clogging up my pores big time! It's still good for removing eye make up... I think I'll use it up as a hair treatment...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by perfectionist_virgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Out of all the readily available/commonly used for OCM oils (olive, jojoba, castor, etc) I find this is the best for my skin. This is good for a facial steaming/removing make up. I do not suggest leaving this on if you have the type of skin where nothing truly sinks in because this will be no exception and if you're lucky enough that it does, it'll be awhile. This oil does do a good job of nourishing my skin before cleansing when its exceptionally dehydrated. And it does not cause breakouts, cystic or otherwise!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 11:02:00 AM More reviews by ckgyspy

Wow!!-- I have combination skin and thought that sweet almond oil might make me break out but based on the reviews here I figured I would give a try. No breakouts!! (of course it is winter time so we will see once the weather gets warmer).

I have seen a noticible minimizing effect of the fine lines on my forehead much more so than the expensive anti-aging products (it seems to be only in the morning, when I wake up). I've only been using it for about 3 weeks. I use it as a makeup remover at night and wipe off with a cotton pad (no need to moisturize). I would love to use it in the day time but the oil doesn't absorb fast enough.. so I use it when I don't have to leave the house. Great stuff and you can't beet the price!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 5:19:00 AM More reviews by almost40

I have started using oils to moisturise after cleansing with them for ages and loving the results.I mixed almond oil with grapeseed oil and applied a drop while my skin was still slightly damp then went to bed.The next morning my skin glowed! I couldn't believe it,my makeup went on like a dream and my 41 year old skin looks flawless.I will never buy cleansers or moisturisers again,will stick to oils :o)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No