Sweet Almond Oil

4.4

Sweet Almond Oil

on 7/15/2009 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was in fruitful yield and bought some sweet almond oil on a whim. i was already getting some jojoba oil and had heard good things about sweet almond oil. at first i didn't really use it.I'd use it to take off make up once in awhile but most times i use extra virgin olive oil for that.
Lately I have been using the SAO as a moisturizer on my skin (body and face) after my showers. my skin looks awesome and is sooo soft. it hasn't broken my face out it's actually helped clear up some of the blackheads around my nose. which also happens when i use the jojoba oil on my face regularly.
Tonight I straightened my hair and i normally do not do that. I have thick curly frizzy hair. I put some SAO in my hands and rubbed it thru my hair when i was done with the flat iron instead of using a heavy silicone anti frizz treatment. my hair feels awesome. not frizzy doesn't look greasy it's soft and shiny. Just don't use too much or i am sure it could look very greasy.
I have been using SAO in my hair quite a bit recently anyway usually before a shower when i brush it out or if i am gonna be outside in the sun let it soak in in the heat.
I transfered it from the 4oz bottle it came in into a spray bottle when i get out of the shower i spray it on whichever body parts i want it on. when i put it on my face i spray into my palm and then rub my hands together and apply. I have oily skin on my face and idon't think it's made my face gross or anything BUT on days i put makeup on i use a different moisturizer. or a before bedtime facial moisturizer.

on 7/14/2009 1:55:00 AM

I buy 100% pure sweet almond oil from a local natural grocer. It's a bit pricey, but there's no clouding and it's fantastic for makeup removal and skin cleansing while adding a little bit of moisture to the skin. I suggest using a toner with this to refresh the skin and remove any leftover residue.

on 6/9/2009 8:59:00 AM

I love this stuff! It has a nice calming effect when my skin is all dry and flaky from acne products. It really makes your skin glow! So cheap, it's an other great product I discovered thanks to MUA!
I put it in a squeeze bottle for convenience, as the packaging isn't great unless you're using cotton pads to apply it. I prefer to massage it in with my hands to help it sink in.

on 5/29/2009 11:48:00 AM

I love, love sweet almond oil. This is so good for not only a moisturizer for face and body but, really good in a homemade mask. Just use some honey, jojoba oil and sweet almond oil and it makes your skin just glow! Just as the previous reviewer said run,don't walk and get you some!!! (you can also use some sweet almond oil in cooking makes cakes very moist!)

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is my HG product for my skin care regime. I am in my late 30s and I don't have a wrinkle or line on my face and I attribute this to using almond oil for the past 5+ years (and of course good genes and to my mother who swears by this product).

I use Sweet Almond Oil to remove my makeup (esp. my waterproof mascara); as a facial pre-wash prior to washing my face (day or evening); I add a few drops to my nightly moisturizer during the winter months to ward off dry skin; and I use it as a "lotion" for my skin after I get out of shower - it absorbs quickly and doesn't leave an oily residue. Sweet Almond Oil tones and softens my skin, lightened (i.e. almost removed) my hereditary under eye dark circles and the scars on my body that I have had since childhood, and prevents facial wrinkles/lines. I also use it as a carrier oils for the essential oils I use on my hair and it makes my hair shiny, healthy and extremely moisturized - esp. the ends of my hair.

My suggestion is that you run, not walk, and go get yourself a case of this HG product - your skin will love you for it!!!

on 5/6/2009 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this oil. I love making my own lotion. I use this with grapeseed oil and jojoba oil, a little bit of water and lecithin, then I use the handheld blender and whip it for a few minutes. You can also add essential oil if you want. I make enough to last about a month and store it in the refrigerator (will last about a month since it doesn't have preservative). Very good moisturizer for body, face and even hair. Making your own lotion is great. You know exactly what's in it. I recommend it.

on 5/4/2009 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Oh, I am trying EVOO, then the avocado oil, and now the sweet almond oil. I found the sweet almond oil is the most moisturizing among the three, it makes your skin softer while avocado oil is the oil that take the itch away. EVOO is better for hair and feet IMO. I guess I will use almond sweet oil for face, my body with avocado, and hair with EVOO. the sweet almond oil is for sale at Down to Earth (any organic food store) mine is 4.99 for 4 fl. oz (brand: NOW personal care.) update: it made my skin soft, however, I got few (one or two) tiny whiteheads/red dots every time I added this to the skincare routine.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This is one of the few oils which I apply on my body, I buy a NZ brand called healtheries. It comes in a 500ml bottle. My Mum swears by this and often I use the Sweet Almond Oil as my body moisturiser in the winter months. This lovely after having shaved my legs, and body exfoliation. Cheap inexpensive, at grocery stores.

on 4/8/2009 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin BUT beware –problem with oily skin is we tend to over-dry it which leads to the skin thinking it needs more oil and thus the shine and oily face!! So the trick is to moisturize really well, oily skin needs OIL.

I started getting a lot of white heads and cysts, but skin was good never had this problem. Turns out thanks to winter this year my skin is extra dehydrated. Tried to wash/moisturize it wasn’t sufficient.. ENTER ALMOND OIL it did wonders.

Use: wash face, my skin extra dry, I take 5-6 drops massage into skin. Let it sink in about 30seconds then I top it with my cetaphil moisturizer.

Most other reviewers said it did not sink in, may be my skin is extra dry but the oil absorbs quite instantly. I use it day time, apply make-up then evening as well. So far great dewy skin, no more cysts, breakouts.

I've only been using this for about a week and I know it's too soon to write a review but I would like to keep a record of my progress for this one... So far it's working fine. My only other experience with facial oils is Clarin's Blue Orchid and I'm still undecided on that. However I'm using this as a nighttime cleansing oil more than anything else. I follow this with a cleansing lotion and my skin is left very very clean yet soft and pores are greatly diminished. I have tried using it as a serum and although I like waking up to super soft skin I don't like how long it takes to absorb. But generally so far so good, no clogged pores or breakouts. Will edit if anything changes. Edit: Ha! I knew it was too good to be true. This started clogging up my pores big time! It's still good for removing eye make up... I think I'll use it up as a hair treatment...