April 16, 2014 | 1397 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by sarahannexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff has saved my hair and skin. I use it as a night time moisturiser for my oily skin, which is also very sensitive. Your skin feels a little greasy straight after application but by morning I am not oily and my skin feels softer and glows like it never has. It's not too heavy, doesn't break me out, and is super cheap! Also use it as a hair mask, an keeps my super dry ends in check :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by camidumas

Protip: use a cotton round to scoop out enough solid coconut oil to apply, then use the other side of the round to wipe off any excess. That way you don't introduce bacteria to the bottle! (I like to use the rounds that have an abrasive side and a soft side, and use the abrasive side for scooping.)

This is my go-to for moisturizing, everything from my hair to my feet, INCLUDING my eyes. It's also a great make-up remover. Be sure to buy organic because non-organic can have traces of solvents. I paid $8 for 500 grams, in glass, and in 3 months have used about a dollar's worth. Plus it's rich in vitamin E!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Coconut Oil and Avocado Oil are my HG beauty oils. I've tried others in the past but always, ALWAYS come back to these two. I don't even bother with trying other oils anymore. I always get the unrefined oil that turns solid in cooler temperatures and it makes both my skin and hair incredibly soft and supple and lightly fragrant without being greasy at all. I can't live without either during the winter months and it's cheap to boot. It's great for removing makeup and since I use it in a mixture of neem and avocado as a hot oil/pre poo treatment, I don't have dandruff anymore and my psoriasis has calmed down considerably. Go get some, you won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by TanniMH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Coconut oil saved my face! I have dry to combination skin and coconut oil has helped so much! I found that coconut oil has helped with acne surprisingly!?! since i've been using it (8 months) my usual monthly spots have greatly reduced I hardly get any spots now and it keeps my under eye area really hydrated!
I LOVE coconut oil for my face, hair and body!
My skin tone has improved as well possibly due to the fact that coconut oil keeps my face well hydrated. I wouldn't recommend it for people with oily skin or really bad acne, I don't use it on my forehead or nose area to avoid any extra oiliness but I LOVE it for the rest of my face I use it before moisturiser especially before I go to sleep.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I really think that coconut oil is fantastic for your hair but I had a huge problem with this on my skin and am trying to figure out why this happened. I put some of the coconut oil on my face and after a few minutes it started burning and I rinsed it off immediately. I didn't get it off fast enough apparently since my skin was left as one massive, red and itchy rash. I eat coconut all the time and drink coconut water daily so I know I'm not allergic to it. If anyone else has had a similar reaction let me know! I recommend using this in your hair but keep it far away from your skin- it took my face a month and a half to recover.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by carabeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

A friend from India introduced me to coconut oil for my long, thick, curly hair a few years ago. It was wonderful; I kept the bottle in my shower and poured some of the melted product in my palms and worked it into my hair before toweling off. I would end up with conditioned and luxurious ringlets. I have always been prone to breakouts, and only about a year ago realized that it was this product in my hair making contact with my face that was contributing to them. I ceased using this in my hair, and saw an almost immediate reduction in the number of blemishes I experienced. I have since used on and off, with the same results. Unfortunately, while this is gold for hair, you have to keep it clear away from your face if you don't want any unsightly side effects (for those who are blemish prone, anyway). If you don't have problem skin, try it. If you do, beware. If you want to try and juggle the two, just keep your hair away from your face. I have since replaced this with jojoba for my hair, as it does not cause breakouts for me and keeps curls and skin moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by laylaperdomo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

ALERT ALERT ALERT!!!!!
This has nearly transformed the ends of my hair.
By mixing it with deep conditioner and applying heat, this has done nothing short of magic to my brittle ends. The ends of my hair end up looking like my roots.
I also use this mixed into my body cream for extreme hydration on my skin. By mixing this with a radiant powder, this gives the legs the most fabulous sheen

Will I buy this product again?????
Um ........HECK YEAHHHHH!!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using coconut oil several years back while growing my hair out. It not only helped with that process, but helped to nourish my damaged, bleached, and color-treated hair back to health. I would apply it to dry hair (focusing on the ends), clip back my hair and put on a processing cap. You can leave it on overnight, all day, or even for a few minutes before shampooing/styling as normal. Now, I currently use it for the following:
-Deep conditioner
-Lip moisturizer
-Oil pulling/body detox and tooth care
-Cooking/butter replacement

Coconut oil has HUNDREDS of uses, but for what I've tried I have been impressed. Plus, coconut oil smells great!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS! I use it for literally EVERYTHING. Face/body/hair moisturizer, blemish spot treatment, shaving cream, makeup remover, nail treatment, seriously everything. I'm not to big on how it tastes but I didn't get it for that anyway. It's great! I get those monthly breakouts and some makeup isn't to nice to my skin, this stuff is great for that and isn't one of those oils that will cause it either, actually HELPS it. One jar for the bathroom and one for the makeup table :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The perfect product for anyone with unbearable problem skin! I had sore, itchy dry skin under my arms for 2 years (!) - unable to wear proper deoderant, painful to wear any clothes with sleeves, or shave my underarms often. Two doctors diagnosed it as a fungal infection; one diagnosed it as just really, really dry skin. I tried everything: E45 cream, various prescription-only steroid creams, Savlon, tea tree ointment, emulsifying ointment and countless 'moisturising' creams and lotions. Some of the stronger steroid creams helped the problem for a couple of weeks before the problem returned just as bad as before; I didn't want to keep using these scary, potentially harmful creams on my skin.

I bought a big tub of Barlean's cold pressed coconut oil from Amazon for 8. I loved the real coconut smell and the way it seems to melt in your fingers - it took a few days of applying on my underarms once at night to see results, but I'm so glad I tried it! My skin has the occasional dry period but it's 100x better than before - I can wear long sleeve tops, jackets and deoderant again, yay! I still apply coconut oil every evening after showering and E45 cream in the morning, though my skin's not too bad if I miss a day or two.

I did try it on the ends of my hair as a wash-out deep conditioner but it just made my hair feel greasy, flat and heavy. Think I'll just keep using it on my skin - after having such a positive effect on my life and skin problems it's been one of my best buys ever! Anyone with a similar skin problem NEEDS to try this.