December 19, 2014 | 857 users online

Powder - Sheer Cover - Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2009 7:55:00 PM More reviews by jacwinks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for years and still haven't found ANYTHING that beats the coverage! I've tried scores of other foundations and always come running back to sheer cover. I have acne prone/oily skin and this product never irritates me. I get the best of both worlds, full coverage without the clogged pore issues. I pray its never discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 3:49:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is hands down the best mineral make up I have EVER tried. It beats Bare Minerals by a mile - the longevity and the coverage. I saw the informercial for this and I was sucked in by it. I've always had such a hard time matching my foundation and this seemed like it would do the trick. The only complaint about this is that the color isn't EXACTLY a match for my skin, Latte is the closest match for me in the summer when I'm tan and even then it's still a bit too light. I got the medium kit, and quickly cancelled the whole membership crap. I can't stand ordering things online and I definitely wasn't going to be charged every month, so to my relief they sell this product in the mall at the Proactiv Kiosk. They sell the full set there and everything!

So anyways, I have since moved onto MAC's Studio Fix Powder because it offers better coverage, but for a mineral foundation this is quite impressive. It really evened out my skin tone and covered any horrible pimples I had or discoloration from tanning, and it actually IMPROVED my skin. I am not kidding or exaggerating. One night I took off my make up and I came to bed and my boyfriend asked, "aren't you gonna wash your face?" and I already had. That's how good my bare skin looked! I have dry skin and I just make sure to moisturize and I'm good to go.

This make up feels light as a feather on my face. When I wore it during the summer I FORGOT I was wearing make up and I would touch my face without thinking twice because it didn't feel like I had anything off. This is my summer go to make up. It lasts through an entire hot humid day of working or being outside, working out, etc. I really love this stuff but MAC's Studio Finish Powder is quite comparable and the same price. Also, this product lasts me a little over a month with everyday use (the smaller starter kit foundation). So that's a plus. But I hate how long it takes me to build up the coverage, and I don't like dealing with the messy powder - pressed is so much easier. They do offer a pressed powder but only through the internet and to "members" which is BS in my opinion.

Anyways, I love this! I'm not currently using it because I love my MAC and it's way faster, but this is the best stuff ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2009 9:34:00 AM More reviews by radiofox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is a great product. I have had wonderful luck with it. It's Simple to apply, and very light. I pop it in my pocket with my little brush and if I actually need to touch up is is once a day max. I really am a fan of this product, it has improved my skin since I started using it

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by jasminefire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I think L'Oreal's mineral powder is of somewhat higher quality, Sheer Cover's Bisque matches my light-golden Asian skin to perfection. Yes, it's overpriced, but the coverage is decent and fairly natural-looking in daylight and artificial light. I'll buy it again for the color match, and I think it's less cakey than Bare Minerals.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

So after watching the Ads for this and them showing people putting it on i thought it would be great , How wrong was i . . its rubbish! Doesnt give good coverage, maybe if you had FLAWLESS skin it would look good but im not blessed with flawless skin. Looked like i wasn't even wearing make up no matter how much i put on.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by krista1

My mom passed this down to me because she realized powders are not going to help her, lol. I LOVE THIS STUFF! I use primer,tinted moisturizer,concealer then this anddd im in love. Great coverage and the Buff color fits me perfectly in the summer and latte, for the winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by nurali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product!!! Its light and doesnt look cakey at all. I always found difficulty finding a right match for my skin but I found Sheer Cover Almond to be perfectand it gives me an airbrushed look, However it is quite pricey here in the UK even though I just buy the foundation separately and it can also get a bit messy when applying.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2009 7:04:00 AM More reviews by gsbn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on the internet, just because I was curious and:
I HATE THIS CRAP!!!!!!!!
1. Impossible to get the right blend for my skintone.
2. Looked absolutely disgustingly yellow on me
3. Caused my whole chin area to dry up completely, gave me the worst red rash ever, which it took me over a week to recover from!

Also it took absolute ages before I got my refund.

DO NO WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by h20liliz

I had purchased this online... not knowing exactly how accurate the swatches were. It came with 2 diff shades so that you can 'customize' it to your personal shade. One has a more yellow base, the other has a light but ashy tone to it. I don't tend to blend the shades together; instead, I pick one to use (yellow during summer months and the lighter one during the winter months). I normally don't use foundation but choose to use the mineral powder when I need full coverage (on days that I have stubborn pimples). The mineral powder does seem to improve my skin but not enough that I would want to wear it everyday. I still prefer to go au naturale whenever possible.

Ths product would be suitable for acne-prone people who want full coverage and a product that does not worsen the effects of their breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 7:50:00 AM More reviews by 123lluuppee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this powder...but it covers as if it was a foundation with out the feeling of no makeup...great coverage ,natural dewy look...younger looking skin !..best makeup i ever owned.!.