August 23, 2014 | 1008 users online

Powder - Sheer Cover - Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by krista1

My mom passed this down to me because she realized powders are not going to help her, lol. I LOVE THIS STUFF! I use primer,tinted moisturizer,concealer then this anddd im in love. Great coverage and the Buff color fits me perfectly in the summer and latte, for the winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by nurali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product!!! Its light and doesnt look cakey at all. I always found difficulty finding a right match for my skin but I found Sheer Cover Almond to be perfectand it gives me an airbrushed look, However it is quite pricey here in the UK even though I just buy the foundation separately and it can also get a bit messy when applying.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2009 7:04:00 AM More reviews by gsbn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on the internet, just because I was curious and:
I HATE THIS CRAP!!!!!!!!
1. Impossible to get the right blend for my skintone.
2. Looked absolutely disgustingly yellow on me
3. Caused my whole chin area to dry up completely, gave me the worst red rash ever, which it took me over a week to recover from!

Also it took absolute ages before I got my refund.

DO NO WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by h20liliz

I had purchased this online... not knowing exactly how accurate the swatches were. It came with 2 diff shades so that you can 'customize' it to your personal shade. One has a more yellow base, the other has a light but ashy tone to it. I don't tend to blend the shades together; instead, I pick one to use (yellow during summer months and the lighter one during the winter months). I normally don't use foundation but choose to use the mineral powder when I need full coverage (on days that I have stubborn pimples). The mineral powder does seem to improve my skin but not enough that I would want to wear it everyday. I still prefer to go au naturale whenever possible.

Ths product would be suitable for acne-prone people who want full coverage and a product that does not worsen the effects of their breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 7:50:00 AM More reviews by 123lluuppee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this powder...but it covers as if it was a foundation with out the feeling of no makeup...great coverage ,natural dewy look...younger looking skin !..best makeup i ever owned.!.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried Sheer Cover before triying BE. (BE, I found out, though not great, is a lot better than sheer cover) The Sheer Cover did not provide much coverage for me. It kind of emphasized all the dry areas on my face. I hated the brushes that it came with. the hairs would fall out every time I used it. The only thing I really did like, was the little concealer duo it came with. It was creamy and covered any blemish perfectly.
p.s. I never had a problem with customer service, when I called them to stop the service, but I have heard a lot that many times, they give you a hard time about canceling shipments and there's a lot of fine print that they don't tell you.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2009 10:56:00 AM More reviews by loliloquita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This makeup does not apply well on problem skin. I watched the video and practiced several times and the results were absolutely disappointing. You would think I was wearing 99 cents makeup. And good for your skin? I think not. It irritated my rosacea to the point that within a few days my skin felt RAW. Also if you remember in the infomercial, they had twins jogging and showing how well it works when you sweat. Well, it does not. It literally separates and makes your skin look blotchy. I know that with most makeup this will happen, but they claimed that it would look natural, which is absolutely FALSE.

Also they have a bit of a scam going on here. I purchased the product via website. At one point it says about upgrading for only $36.65, so I figured why not. When I received the product it comes out what I signed up for was THREE PAYMENTS OF $36.65 totalling to $109.95 for a product that can be simply described as barely mediocre. I assume that there was some mention of the three payments of $36.65, possibly in the fine prints, but I never saw it.

Finally, I wish I would have checked out the reviews. I would have never wasted my time on this product. BTW their customer service is not the most helpful either.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2009 11:56:00 AM More reviews by tresfemme

I have used many liquid, powder and mineral foundations before which include MAC, Benefit, Cargo, Stila, Bare Escentuals, Dior... the list goes on and on. The first time that I used this stuff was the FIRST TIME EVER that someone commented that I looked "made up" -- I was shocked since I had only dusted this stuff on very lightly and it looked fine in the morning. My roommate also said that is looked mask-like -- I looked in the mirror (4 hours after I had put the sheer cover on) and sure indeed, it looked horrible. NEVER AGAIN!! I'm glad that I didn't opt for the renewal home delivery that they offer. No thank you, I rather not look like I have on a mask of make-up on my face. I'm glad that this starter kit didn't cost me too much, but for the amount that they sent, its pretty darn pricey... and the freebies that they sent along, I've given those to my daughter to play with.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2009 1:34:00 PM More reviews by jeremyswife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I did write a good review on this but i changed my mind! I used this product about 3 years ago and I absolutley loved it. I don't know what happened but this just does not look good on me anymore. The concealer was too cakey. The foundation actually looked good on me inside but when i went out with it on and i live in a very humid climate the makeup started coming off due to me sweating so my skin looked streaked. I am definetely going to cancel my membership with them.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 4:45:00 AM More reviews by DidgeridooYourNails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really thought that this product would suck, since I baught it after watching an infomercial - but man oh man - did it work! Note, that you do need to moisturize a lot if you have dry spots because if you don't, the powder accentuates the dryness and it looks horrid. BUT, when moisturized and primed, this gave an amazing effect! It just blended out my face to an even and natural looking color (I baught medium). All redness and under eye circles just disappeared. When photographed, it look like I'd been photoshoped compared to people beside me.
On the downside, the containers are really small. I got two small ones and had to dabble with blending the two shades on the lid so the packaging isn't great. And I wish you got a little more for the price, even though it does last you a long time. I would definitely buy this again.