April 18, 2014 | 1799 users online

Powder - Sheer Cover - Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 7:50:00 AM More reviews by 123lluuppee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this powder...but it covers as if it was a foundation with out the feeling of no makeup...great coverage ,natural dewy look...younger looking skin !..best makeup i ever owned.!.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried Sheer Cover before triying BE. (BE, I found out, though not great, is a lot better than sheer cover) The Sheer Cover did not provide much coverage for me. It kind of emphasized all the dry areas on my face. I hated the brushes that it came with. the hairs would fall out every time I used it. The only thing I really did like, was the little concealer duo it came with. It was creamy and covered any blemish perfectly.
p.s. I never had a problem with customer service, when I called them to stop the service, but I have heard a lot that many times, they give you a hard time about canceling shipments and there's a lot of fine print that they don't tell you.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2009 10:56:00 AM More reviews by loliloquita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This makeup does not apply well on problem skin. I watched the video and practiced several times and the results were absolutely disappointing. You would think I was wearing 99 cents makeup. And good for your skin? I think not. It irritated my rosacea to the point that within a few days my skin felt RAW. Also if you remember in the infomercial, they had twins jogging and showing how well it works when you sweat. Well, it does not. It literally separates and makes your skin look blotchy. I know that with most makeup this will happen, but they claimed that it would look natural, which is absolutely FALSE.

Also they have a bit of a scam going on here. I purchased the product via website. At one point it says about upgrading for only $36.65, so I figured why not. When I received the product it comes out what I signed up for was THREE PAYMENTS OF $36.65 totalling to $109.95 for a product that can be simply described as barely mediocre. I assume that there was some mention of the three payments of $36.65, possibly in the fine prints, but I never saw it.

Finally, I wish I would have checked out the reviews. I would have never wasted my time on this product. BTW their customer service is not the most helpful either.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2009 11:56:00 AM More reviews by tresfemme

I have used many liquid, powder and mineral foundations before which include MAC, Benefit, Cargo, Stila, Bare Escentuals, Dior... the list goes on and on. The first time that I used this stuff was the FIRST TIME EVER that someone commented that I looked "made up" -- I was shocked since I had only dusted this stuff on very lightly and it looked fine in the morning. My roommate also said that is looked mask-like -- I looked in the mirror (4 hours after I had put the sheer cover on) and sure indeed, it looked horrible. NEVER AGAIN!! I'm glad that I didn't opt for the renewal home delivery that they offer. No thank you, I rather not look like I have on a mask of make-up on my face. I'm glad that this starter kit didn't cost me too much, but for the amount that they sent, its pretty darn pricey... and the freebies that they sent along, I've given those to my daughter to play with.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2009 1:34:00 PM More reviews by jeremyswife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I did write a good review on this but i changed my mind! I used this product about 3 years ago and I absolutley loved it. I don't know what happened but this just does not look good on me anymore. The concealer was too cakey. The foundation actually looked good on me inside but when i went out with it on and i live in a very humid climate the makeup started coming off due to me sweating so my skin looked streaked. I am definetely going to cancel my membership with them.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 4:45:00 AM More reviews by DidgeridooYourNails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really thought that this product would suck, since I baught it after watching an infomercial - but man oh man - did it work! Note, that you do need to moisturize a lot if you have dry spots because if you don't, the powder accentuates the dryness and it looks horrid. BUT, when moisturized and primed, this gave an amazing effect! It just blended out my face to an even and natural looking color (I baught medium). All redness and under eye circles just disappeared. When photographed, it look like I'd been photoshoped compared to people beside me.
On the downside, the containers are really small. I got two small ones and had to dabble with blending the two shades on the lid so the packaging isn't great. And I wish you got a little more for the price, even though it does last you a long time. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 3:52:00 AM More reviews by gianniar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The reviews on this are really mixed, so I was anxious about it. But I think it is the best cover and foundation I have ever used. The suntan shades were both too light, and they rush-shipped the darker shade as part of the trial at no extra cost. There was no need to pay for the rush shipping, as the free shipping arrived in two weeks. When I called to cancel the continuing shipments, they extended the trial period from 60 days to 90, delayed the next shipment from August to January, and told me I had the option to only buy individual products (like the one color of cover and powder) rather than the whold package you subscribe to when you order the trial package.

The cover REALLY covers, the powder feels light as air, and I didn't think I looked heavily made up, as with powder over liquid over cover. I think it looks better in natural or artificial light than it did on the infomercial. I think that some of the reviewers who had problems with this product may have put it on too heavy.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by SnoFlo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm really in two minds about Sheer Cover. I use makeup on nose and chin to cover up redness/pores/blackheads and have tried all sorts of concealers and foundations to this purpose. Sheer cover looked great when used on its own without the concealer BUT this effect didn't last and by the end of the day it looked very cakey (like most powders do if you have oily skin).

All in all, would be great if initial cover lasted all day or just wore off without looking cakey. A normal liquid foundation is much better I think.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2009 10:42:00 AM More reviews by porcelaintrash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE PRODUCT.
I got sucked into this product when it first came out, i think that was like 2004 ? i know i was pretty young and got my mum to put it on her credit card for me. Not only did they keep sending the product after she rang up and canceled it, but the price is a total rip off in itself, and we didn't get our money back for being unsatisfied.

I found the cleanser to be very drying, even on my hands when using it, and the moisturiser wasn't any better also. The concealer was okay but very tiny and it was also very dark - i got the lightest one which came with one medium light concealer and powder and one darker one, both being way to dark for me so really all i could use was half of the products, they have a really messed up view on what 'pale' is because to me those colours were for medium skin toned people not PALE.

But anyway, back to the actual product, the mineral powder left my face feeling really stiff and caked on looking no matter how light or thick i done it, it did have alright coverage but my skin really couldn't breathe which just lead it to melt off and go blotchy. It really wasn't a good look, but than the colour match was completely wrong anyway seeing's there pale wasn't even pale, either way the make up looked bad.

Maybe the product is better now, but i highly doubt it. Even the before and after photos look really silly and fake, some of the girls just look caked on and bad colour matched.

Don't waste your money, you're paying like $200 for a tiny bit of make up, take that money to David Jones or M.A.C and get a higher quality foundation or mineral powder, okay you might not get as many products but they cleanser and moisturiser that they give i'm sure isn't doing much for your skin so you're just wasting money anyway.

But yes, the information commercial does make it look wonderful, i still get tempted by the products i see on their just because how they go about it, but if it was so good why wouldn't david jones or somewhere sell it, why wouldn't they atleast be in supermarkets for people to try it

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by ksmms49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I should have known better than to fall for an infomercial before checking it out. My face, neck, eyelids, nose, and cheeks broke out into itchy bumps and welts (like hives) within two days of using this gunk. I look horrible. I am finished with mineral foundations, period. They're messy anyway. It will be a long, long time before every put something on my face that I didn't check out beforehand.