December 21, 2014 | 839 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by karmapolish13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to note, the reason price got a 1 is because I am able to buy Chaina Glaze polishes from Beauty Brands (until april 30) buy one get one free! So it makes them WAY worth the trip! I almost own every color of China Glaze they carry! Ha ha!

On to the review. When I first got this color home, I was going through and "cataloging my haul". I showed this one (along with Lubu Heels) to my father. He thought it was so cool he painted his thumb nail with it and said "Your brother needs a color like this to paint his remote control cars with!" I thought that made it a winner. Outside of that comment, I have never seen a red quite like this one. The only thing similar that I have ever seen is a striping polish by Art Deco. That is all. All in all this is a fantastic polish and I cant WAIT to do something with it this holiday season!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

This is the most beautiful red polish I had ever owned. The polish is highly pigmented but what draws me in the most is the shine and sparkles. It is so beautiful under sunlight and I receive many compliments EVERY single time I have it on. It reminds me Christmas because it is so bright and shiny like baubles on christmas trees. Very pretty and a fool-proof colour! Definitely repurchasing once this runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by dancergirl87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This product is so beautiful! I had heard a lot of people that liked this product and really wanted to try it. My boyfriend found it on Ebay and bought it for me.

The colour in the packaging is EXACTLY what it looks like on my nails! It is so beautiful!! :) One coat of it was great, but two coats was just gorgeous!!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by dawls1226

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am in love with this color! bought this and lemon fizz at the same time. boyfriend insisted that i put on lemon fizz bc it was different. took it off after only a day bc i couldnt wait to put ruby pumps on. love the way it sparkles. makes me want to find a pair of ruby heels to wear. was great after 2 coats but put on a third just to see if it would sparkle even more. will defly buy again when i run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by sunflowergirl6

Beautiful colour! Keep staring at my nails when wearing this! Easy to apply, and longlasting!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by maeshiil

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous color. I love the glitter. :)
It can be a bit difficult to remove, but what do you expect of a glitter nail polish?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like a lot of previous reviewers have stated, Ruby Pumps is indeed a very beautiful nail polish. It really does look like Dorothy's sparkly shoes! I am usually not fond of red nail polishes but this one is an exception. It's this rich crimson sparkling red color that's just so elegant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by MARmaladeJay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

THE POLISH:
This color is gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! A red based polish with red glitter. For starters, I am not much of a glitter wearing lady, (I prefer cremes), but this polish is one of my top 10 favorite polishes. I always get compliments when I wear this shade. Photos never do this shade any justice, it's so much prettier in person. I'm medium skin tone, so some reds could make me look orange, which I hate. But this red shade doesn't do that.
REMOVAL:
Since it is a glitter shade, the best way to remove this is by using 100 percent acetone. I hate using 100 percent acetone as it dries the skin. After I remove the polish I immediately apply a cuticle cream and hand cream as well. It's probably why I don't wear glitter shades as often. Since I don't, I don't mind the removal process.
THE FORMULA:
I LOVE China Glaze's formula. Three coats of this gorgeous color over Seche Ridge Filling bast coat and topped off with Seche Vite. All together last about a week before it begins to chip. It never gets thick in the bottle after so many uses. It has nail hardening properties. I love the brush. I will definitely be purchasing this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by JanisM2011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the red i have been looking for. wow. looks so good on my toes and hands. and the formula lasted a full week without chipping. MUST HAVE! love it

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by stephyrm12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my favorite red before i tried out the new big hair... big nails nail polish from the opi texas collection.
Its a deep red with red glitter. It's so glamorous. I feel very sophisticated when I have this color on.
It's very dupable though. Ive seen brands from nyc to orly makes a color just like this.