TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray

4.1

Water, Amodimethicon , Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin

on 12/4/2012 6:08:00 PM

This is my first heat-protectant spray ever since I never really thought I needed to put anything on my hair before any type of heat styling. Nonetheless, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. After I wash my hair and I towel pat, I flip my hair over while standing over the tub and I spray this from my mid-shaft to ends. I then run my fingers and twist the hair and rub it all over to make sure the product is evenly distributed. This is not sticky and smells GREAT! Upon using this for maybe a week or so, I have noticed the bottom half of my mid-back hair to be so smooth! Before, my hairdresser would tell me when she ran her fingers through my hair, that you could feel how dry the mid-shaft to the end is. But now, I have no problem and I have absolutely no split ends. I trim my hair maybe once in half a year? I have thin Asian hair so having a trim or frequent haircut does not really appeal to me. This makes me so tempted to always run through my hair since it HAS made such a difference to make my hair (especially bottom half) smoother! I also love the bottle because the spray nozzle is easy to use and the shape of the bottle is so easy to hold in the hand versus those big thick short and stubby bottles that prob ends up falling out of your hand. This is probably one of the best drugstore heat protectant spray ever and I will repurchase because for such a cheap price, such a great product!

on 11/27/2012 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Great Product!

-It smells great, not chemically like many heat tamers
-Leaves hair shiny and smooth
-The spray bottle is a huge plus!
-Easy to hold and spray

Will definitely buy again!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product after cutting my hair. I straighten my hair everyday so i thought it would be a good idea to buy something to protect it. I was very surprised with the price. It smells GREAT and makes my hair very soft! It's a great price for the quality. Only downside it makes my hair a little bit greasy. I will defiantly buy it again!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Pros:
- Smells good
- Doesn't make hair feel crunchy
- Doesn't dry out hair
- No alcohol
- Makes hair shiny
- Detangles hair
- Has a spray nozzle
- easy to find
- cheap
- non-greasy
Cons:
- none
Overall:
I really like this spray. It doesn't make my hair dry and its non-greasy. I like that it has no alcohol in it. The smell is pretty nice too. I like the spray nozzle too because it makes it easy to spray on the hair. It works as a pretty nice detangler and it even adds some shine to my hair. It was really easy to find and pretty cheap too. I highly recommend this heat protectant.

on 11/19/2012 3:24:00 AM

Used this spray for a couple of years and thought it was good. I just did not realise HOW good it was until I used a bad heat spray. I switched to the John Frieda Heat Protect Spray for 6 months and it dried my hair out to the point where it looked terrible. Recently I went back to this product and the change in my hair was AMAZING. It was smooth, silky and not even slightly crunchy after straightening. I highly recommend this product!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Cheap, protects, doesn't make my hair oily/greasy. HG heat protection product.

on 11/15/2012 11:43:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love it. I've used both the CHI and the got2be heat protectants, but this takes the cake. Very inexpensive, works as both a heat protectant and detangler without weighing hair down or being sticky. The nozzle sprays the product evenly. The smell is inoffensive, and goes away in an hour or two anyway, so it won't interfere with perfume. Recommended!

on 11/14/2012 11:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've gone through a few bottles of this stuff, so I'm able to let you know how I feel about this product very well.

I heat style my hair a few days out the week for several years, so I've been through many heat protectants.

I've repurchased the Tresemme one more than any of the others for these reasons:

1) It's very cheap, and it's available everywhere. No hunting it down, as Tresemme is sold at every major drugstore, Walmart, etc.

2) The packaging is great. I love that it's a spray, so no sticky or greasy hands. YAY!

3) It smells great!

4) No matter how much I spray, it doesn't weigh down my hair, or make my hair look oily or greasy. Still bouncey as ever!

5) I DO notice a difference when I'm being lazy and don't use this vs. when I do use this. My ends aren't as brittle and my hair breaks less.

I was skeptical when I used this - I never really thought it did anything. But, it wasn't until I finished a bottle I decided I wanted it again. I am use to using heat protecting serums, which make the hair feel soft, silky and make my ends look shiny (Fantasia IC Heat Polisher for example). I expected the same from this product. When it didn't make my hair soft-ER or shiny-ER, I thought it wasn't working. So I neglected using it and noticed how I much my ends would break. The following time I'd use the heat protector and no breakage! So don't be fooled. Many heat protectors simply coat your hair in silicone which will make your hair temporarily feel really soft and silky, and that feeling will go away by the next day, and you'll need to coat your hair in it again and again until you have loads of build-up in your hair. Yes, this product contains silicones, but not nearly as much as others I've tried.

Buy it!

on 11/12/2012 10:26:00 PM

This product does the job. It smells good, but not amazing. It hasn't really made any noticeable difference in my hair but it doesn't weigh my hair down like other heat sprays do. I bought the spray because it is convenient but I think I may have had better luck luck with the serum. However, all in all not a bad product.

on 11/11/2012 8:31:00 PM

I really do love this spray. I use it with a curling iron on a regular basis and I was worried about damage at first but after a few months I haven't seen any damage at all. It also helps to hold the curl, smells great, and Tresemme is cruelty-free. The packaging travels well. I will definitely repurchase.

Popular Styling Products