September 21, 2014 | 1052 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by xoxpinkxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not too convinced that this product 'protects' my hair from the heat. I have used this for such a long time and maybe for some people it works, but for me, I'm not too sure. I can't really tell a difference, but I use this anyways just for the satisfaction of feeling like I'm protecting my hair even if it's just a little. I really like the smell of it too. The cons would be the packaging, it really sucks and can easily be leaked out if your traveling so make sure it's secure and locked. It's really affordable, I believe 3$? I don't exactly remember but quite worth it to try out since pretty much everyone has this on youtube and it's so hyped up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This doesn't make my hair feel sticky like other heat protectants. And a friend of mine in class always asks what "perfume" I'm wearing whenever I use this :) overall, a nice product at a great price!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by peaches122

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Awesome!!! This stuff works really well.It only costs about $5, and it helps with frizz and shine. It smells pretty too! The nozzle is neat, with a locking system. Good for travel. I use it every time, and just bought it's volumizing mousse counterpart.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by phylicia08

I personally don't like this product.Yes does have a nice smell BUT for some odd reason, my hair looks a little more damaged than before I did anything to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Isobelbabe

I love this heat tamer! It's so cheap and you get so much product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

UPDATE: dropped a couple stars because after prolonged (years!) use, I do think this is somewhat drying/building up/SOMETHING ISN'T RIGHT. Maybe amid all the packaging changes they've also change the formula. At any rate, for a while I ran out & didn't repurchase, and continued heat styling with no protection (ack! I know!) and... my hair actually felt better. Less dry/coarse/unmanageable. So I've stopped using this product. I still think it's an OKAY budget product but I wouldn't use it daily like I was doing for so long.

I got conned into buying several way-overpriced salon versions of flat-ironing/blowout spray before buying this. I'll never go back!

Doesn't build up or feel siliconey/oily. Does help flat iron to move through the hair smoothly; definitely helps with blow-drying (I don't understand what I was doing before this stuff!). Makes everything about heat styling easier. Sometimes I use it even if I'm not heat-styling; it works as a very light detangler, or helps me just liven up dry hair.

The scent is inoffensive (practically unnoticeable, actually). My only complaint is the packaging. They're clearly working on it; every bottle I've bought has had a different lock/trigger mechanism. But the most recent one is really bad. Still, I bet it'll be different again by the time I run out. ;) For travel, I put a bit in a small travel spray bottle, unless I've really tested the current incarnation to see if it'll leak.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by herngc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have mixed emotions about this product. I like the smell and the price but I'm not really sure if its really protecting my hair. I think i may try something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by torirendon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I rarely ever heat style my hair since I've worked really hard to undo the damage that I did before I learned just how much damage I did (think of thin, fine hair that is almost straw due to straightening, highlights, and dying) Now, 3 years after I learned (And many inches cut off to make it healthy), I avoid heat styling. There are occasions where I do (Like my senior pictures last week) so I depend on this product. I picked it up after hearing all the reviews about it. I like how the formula is light enough that it just sprays on and isn't lotiony like Got2b and sunsilks heat protectants. I also really like the lock that the bottle has so that it doesn't accidentally spray everywhere

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Heather001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the only heat tamer I use now, and it works great. It's very affordable, and works. It leaves my hair smoothe, smelling amazing, and best of all damage free! I've found that you have to be careful with the nozzle because the tend to break, and the locks stop working. But overall for the price this is hands down the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by iamjoelle

I am a flat iron/blow drying addict and this product saves my hair from feeling like straw. I am bi-racial with thick curly hair past my shoulders and am constantly straightening it. The Instant Heat Tamer spray smells great and helps to detangle my hair post-shower. After all my work with the hot tools is done my hair feels silky and smooth with very little breakage. Plus you can't beat the price!