April 18, 2014 | 918 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2005 1:30:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lovin' this, which surprises me after I couldn't find a match in the Ivory Aquasmooth shades (I'm NC15, the lightest in all foundations & have combo skin) although I loved the product itself. I was was hesitant to try again but the below reviews were promising. I got Ivory (105) which matches MUCH better than I expected at first glance. I wish it has some SPF but it's great otherwise. (Edit: titanium dioxide in the ingredients towards the end, but it's not advertised w/ SPF so who knows). I apply very sheerly with a separate foundation sponge (the included one is too small) over my regular moisturizer w/ SPF and blend well. It sinks in my skin, dries to a satiny matte finish, doesn't enhance my pores or smile lines, and controls my t-zone shine well- even when I ran around in 90+ degree heat the other day. It looks good in both natural AND unnatural light (aka flourescent). No weird oxidation, no breakouts, no highlighting my drier patches either. All types of blush look good over this: gel, creme and powder, bonus! The compact is a little larger than it needs to be, but it's silver and not as ugly as the Aquasmooth one. I don't notice any miraculous age defiance as of yet, but overall my skin looks and feels great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2005 10:41:00 PM More reviews by WendyW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation, but still like my Mary Kay medium coverage better. Use the CG Ivory shade and it's perfect for my skin tone. I like using the sponge that comes in the compact better than a foundation brush for this. I like it better than the Aquasmooth which looks too dark and powdery on me. Advanced Radiance does not break me out or settle into fine lines. It gives the perfect finish (not too matte and not too dewy).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2005 3:45:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried Aquasmooth so many times and it always turned an unflattering shade of orange,although the coverage was great and it felt nice on.I saw this a while ago and thought that it was a nice idea,but I was apprehensive about looking like an Oompa Loompa.I got adveturous and picked it up anyway,and I am happy to report I do not look like a piece of fruit.I don't know about the age defying thing-I will update in time,hoewver.
The Claim:Contains exclusive Vita Niacin complex
*Radiantly beautiful coverage reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles*
*Oil free,hypoallergenic,won't clog pores*

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2005 10:43:00 AM More reviews by DaWniNa

i actually really like this stuff....just apply this, some concealer, some blush and loose powder and there you go....i even like it better than the covergirl aquasmooth....even though it is possibly the same formulation of ingredients....for some reason though this is smoother and the color is more even...i have it in the color soft honey as well as the color buff beige....i even tried applying buff beige first then soft honey over it and wow.....gorgeous! oh and no oil slick like a previous review had said.....just throughout the day i may have had to blot once....but that is okay b/c every foundation i have ever had made me have to blot at least once =)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2005 5:18:00 PM More reviews by mkbegovich

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just started using this so I may be a bit premature but so far I really like it. I have such a problem with CG foundations turning orange on my pretty fair, oily skin but this makes my face look, well, nice. I don't feel like I'm wearing a mask and yet my complexion is even. Coverage seems to be medium which is just what I like. I purchased this in classic ivory (I'm a MAC 15/20) and it seems to work. I'll update if I start developing huge acne or something but for the price (around 9 bucks @ Walmart) I think I'll use it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2005 12:55:00 PM More reviews by dwenn

What an oil slick! I have 30-something, combo skin and this was just way too heavy for my skin. It looked great when I first put it on, but by midday my t-zone was in meltdown. Blotting resulted in the makeup coming right off. Then I tried setting it with a powder and that didn't keep away the shinies. By the end of a week I was breaking out in places I usually never have breakouts. Coverage was good and color (classic ivory) was great but just not the right formula for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2005 8:16:00 AM More reviews by PattyG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I picked this up yesterday in Walgreens. I wear the Creamy Natural. Yes, it's the same format as the AquaSmooth, but with the Olay skin care technology added to target the signs of aging. This is said to be effective on wrinkles after three weeks of use, and desinged to work in three phases. The first phase,is when the foundation is delivered to the skin. During the wakening phase, the next phase, the water droplets within the foundation break down and are applied to the skin. The final phase, the energizing phase, is when VitaNiacin is delivered to the skin. I paid 10.99 for this, so it was not on sale. I guess I will wait the 3 weeks to see if this does anything it claims, but for now, it goes on smoothly, gives good coverage, and..do I actually feel a bit of firming going on??? It does leave your skin soft and smooth. (Information taken from Women's Wear Daily).

I'm not looking for a miracle here and probably won't get it, but by combining cosmetics and skin care, CoverGirl is in the forefront. And I've read that color cosmetics are not far behind in the line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2005 1:26:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Christie Brinkley is back with CoverGirl! Her picture is on the display that holds this new makeup. It's the same formula type as the AquaSmooth SPF 15 foundation, same creaminess-smoothness and compact only with no SPF. The box it came in says "contains exclusive Olay Vita-Niacin complex" Advanced skincare w/ age-defying coverage. I bought it in classic ivory (as I do with most CG products--I'm a MAC NC15/20) and I really like it. As I said before it's like the AquaSmooth so if you liked that one you'll probably be pleased with this one too. I am. The compact is silver with a multicolor swish line(?) on the front. Nice!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No