April 20, 2014 | 965 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2005 8:48:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

Anyone who wants to make it through the dry, harsh winter intact needs this shower oil to nourish both skin and mind. Smells warmly comforting and melts into ashy skin, then washes away to leave my limbs supple and happy.
$18 for 8.4 ounces. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2005 11:43:00 PM More reviews by stephhamilton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved the smell its seriously addictive and it seems to work best if you appy using your hands rather than adding to a sponge like i do with all my other shower gels. This would have to be one of my all time faves!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2005 8:58:00 PM More reviews by joopah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is part of the L'occitane Amande line. Absolutely love this product. Costs quite a bit but since some of my e/s cost as much as this, and I get a lot of more mileage with this product, it's really value for money.

I only need a little bit poured out in my palm and it's lathers enough for the whole body. The scent is absolutely delicious and clings to me for a few hours after using it. After I shower in the evenings, I can't help smelling myself :-P. After many weeks of using, my skin has become smoother and satiny. The bumps caused by dry skin and ingrown hair are 90% gone. For someone who finds it a hassle to moisturise the legs separately, this has been a great boon.

This has become HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2005 11:46:00 PM More reviews by aolena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG body wash. I just love it so much! It transforms my skin into silk. Even though I have dry skin, I don't have to use a body cream or lotion on a regular basis in the winter anymore, which I could never afford before. The smell is just breath-taking.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2005 2:23:00 PM More reviews by xena2309

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

what a great product...a pleasure to use in the shower...a bit expensive but well worth it...the only wash where you can skip moisturising afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2005 8:30:00 PM More reviews by mary_b

LOVE THIS PRODUCT.
I use it for SHAVING my legs. Very soft and sexy. Unlike some of the new moisturizing skin "conditioners", it does NOT clog the razor or clog the drain.

I have OILY skin, but my legs are a dry. It makes me silky, without making me feel sticky. In humid Dallas, Texas, that is important.

I'm addicted. Holy Grail level.

PS: I have not tried using all over because I'm too oily for that.

ADDition: They now have a new grape scent shower oil too. It reminds me of BLISS Plum Plum or B&B Cherry

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2005 7:34:00 AM More reviews by southamerican

LOVED it! It smells wonderful and it leaves my normally dry skin silky smooth...ohhh, what a delight. It doesn't make your shower/bathtub oily since it foams nicely. It foams best on a shower puff. The scent is very light, not overpowering at all and very French, very Parisian. WOW!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2005 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Caramaria

WOW, I went to L'Occitane to get some cream to go with my Almond Blossom Perfume Gel...well, I ended up with this shower oil. I tried this and it smells exactly like the perfume gel...the scent and the moisture clings to the skin. My husband loved the scent. I love this product and the scent! This is a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2005 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Karen1962

Absolutely beautiful. Read about this in a magazine, tried it and loved it. It lightly foams up on contact with water (I use it on one of those exfoliating body puffs) and it leaves my normally sensitive skin feeling really soft but without any oily residue. I find I don't necessarily need to use a body lotion as well now, just maybe once or twice a week. I am just coming to the end of my first bottle and will definitely repurchase. 12.50 for a shower product - expensive? Yes, probably but the benefit for me personally outweighs the cost. I picked up a small "try me" set in my local L'Occitane shop a couple of weeks ago - for 9 you get a good-sized travel size of the shower oil, a pot of the Almond Milk Concentrate cream and a pot of the Almond paste scrub - they are in my kit bag and have tried them all, they are well worth having.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2005 8:04:00 PM More reviews by 1LUCKY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely beautiful. No cleanser has ever made my skin feel like this. It does what it says and I didn't even need moisturizer after this (and I have dry skin).
I find the price reasonable, as with most L'Occitane products.