L'Occitane Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

4.4

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tipa-Laureth Sulfate, Laureth-4, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Parfum/Fragrance, Cocamide Mea, Propylene Glycol Butyl Ether, Sorbitan Oleate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Aqua/Water, Limonene, Coumarin, Linalool

on 7/13/2006 7:30:00 PM

The scent alone makes this product one of my top ten faves (this yummy almond scent that once out of the shower makes you smell super fresh and clean). I do love the formula too. In the bottle it is an oil, however, squeeze some into your hand (the bottle has a great cap that allows you to pour just the right amount) and then rub your hands together and it turns into this great, light lather that, when using a quater size of oil, is enough for your whole body. The best part is that it rinses easily and doesn't leave a film, however it moisturizes like crazy and the scent stays on your skin even after you get out of the shower. Like with most L'Occitane products it is rather pricey, but it will last for a long time and worth every penny to me. Will definitely buy again.

on 6/1/2006 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Smells lovely though was expecting a little more from the reviews. I wish it would lather up a little bit more. I feel like i use this stuff up really fast. Anywho it does do good job moisturizing and is very gentle and the scent stays. I think this would be a very good product for babies or for pouring a little bit in your bath.

This is a shower product I might actually stick with. Normally I get lazy with shower gels, and I get tired of squirting it on to a puff day after day... therefore I tend to switch quite often. Also, I hate how most shower gels have smells that don't linger -- especially when it actually smells good. This is different. It looks runny in the bottle, but it comes out thicker like canola oil, and then it turns into a lovely foam. The scent is actually quite strong in the shower, but it dims to a subtle pretty, comfortable, sexy scent that lingers forever. My boyfriend sniffed me all day before he asked me what it was that smelled so good. This is also perfect for leg shaving -- I have really sensitive legs that break out in red bumps constantly, even from shave cream, but this actually turned out fantastically smooth. I do love L'Occitane, and I love their vintage and classy packaging, so I don't mind supporting their little company -- It is pricey at $20 a bottle, and my L'Occitane products seem to go especially quick, but once you've tried this, you won't go back.

on 4/4/2006 6:15:00 PM

This is a fab product from L'Occitane. It is a amazing smelling shower oil treatment that foams or it can be used as a bubble bath treatment too! It does have some mild detergents but nothing that stripped my sensitive reactive skin. It contains grape seed oil, soybean oil, vitamin e, and the lovely scented almond oil. The smell of this to me is totally amazing! My skin is always clean, soft and hydrated after using this in either my shower or bath. Highly recommend this one!

on 2/10/2006 11:30:00 PM

I would not have discovered this if it were not for MUA, and I love it. I usually prefer citrus/herbal scents, but this has a wonderful scent, warm and light. Even though I have way too many other shower gels that I need to finish up, I keep using this one up and repurchasing it. It feels wonderfully silky on my skin, yet leaves no oily residue in the shower (I had been a little concerned about this since I once used an Origins oil-based scrub that made my shower tub dangerously slippery).

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I love everything in L'Occitane's Almond range and their shower oil is no exception. I can't say enough about the way this smells- an utterly divine flowery almond that is soft, subtle and feminine which lingers seductively on your skin for ages after stepping out of the shower. I adore how moisturizing this is and the way it leaves my skin feeling so very pampered. I look forward to my showers everyday because this product feels so incredibly luxurious. It is, as with most things L'Occitane, very expensive. But on the plus side, you don't need to use very much as it foams and lathers beautifully. This also works extremely well for shaving legs as it leaves your skin undescribably soft to the touch afterwards. I'm so so sooo in love with this product and I hope L'Occitane never stop making it. I'll buy this again and again and again.

on 2/9/2006 12:46:00 PM

This is a beautifully made product. I'm using the almond scented (not almond blossom) Shower Oil. It has a fabulous, light, true almond scent, with some sweet floral notes. It's fun to use and my goodness! ~~It really does leave the skin so very soft. A winner all the way around.

on 1/2/2006 6:23:00 AM

This one of my faourite shower gels, it has a lovely almondy scent and since it's a shower oil it's also very moisturising. I still need to use some body lotion afterwards but that's because I have extremely dry skin. The only thing I dislike about it is the packaging-it leaks.

on 12/12/2005 8:48:00 PM

Anyone who wants to make it through the dry, harsh winter intact needs this shower oil to nourish both skin and mind. Smells warmly comforting and melts into ashy skin, then washes away to leave my limbs supple and happy.
$18 for 8.4 ounces. continued >>

on 11/30/2005 11:43:00 PM

I loved the smell its seriously addictive and it seems to work best if you appy using your hands rather than adding to a sponge like i do with all my other shower gels. This would have to be one of my all time faves!