Redken Color Extend Shampoo

3.1

Sodium laureth sulfate

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Redken products but this was horrible. It left my hair feeling like straw. I prefer their All Soft, Cleansing Cream, and Smooth Down.

The girl at the beauty shop recommended this after she colored my hair. WHY, WHY, WHY? I've been using color-enhancing shampoos for years, and this was the greasiest, dullest, worst shampoo I've ever tried.

I'd rather buy the Color Vive by L'Oreal any day over this over-priced junk in a bottle. Save your money!

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is only the second Redken shampoo I have ever tried and since I only highlighted my hair for the first time last week I don't have a lot to compare this to. That being said I do like this shampoo and the conditioner so far. It didn't weigh my hair down or give me the frizzies - it just left my hair feeling clean and soft. I like the scent but it is really subtle which I guess would be good for those who don't like their shampoo perfumy.

So disappointed in this product and the conditioner! Over priced, dried out my hair and generally did not extend the color or improve the condition of my color treated hair. So mad I paid $15 per bottle. I don't mind spending money on products that work, but this shampoo/conditioner was a total let down!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I color my hair frequently so I thought I would try this and see how it would work. I was so disappointed in this shampoo and I normally love Redken products. I have fine hair and found it weighed it down and made my scalp feel filmy & greasy! This was the white colored shampoo not the clear kind. I will be staying clear of this shampoo. It smells good but doesn't clean my hair properly. I highly recommend the leave in conditioner from the color extend line

I use both the conditioner and shampoo from this line along with Redken Outshine 01. I actually have some really good hair days!
I'm very happy with this product. I have huge bottles of it and would prefer a pump on that size bottle. It would be my hg but my hair is still a little dry after use.

This is my HG, definitely! I love it how it makes my hair soft, manageable, bouncy and even makes my dry ends look good. This one also makes my hairs blonde colour bright, and keeps it like that, too. Would recommend to anyone with a coloured, but not very dry and coarse hair. The condition is GREAT too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm really surprised a lot of people did not like this shampoo. I've just finished my first bottle and am ready to start on another one. I use it with the Color Extend Conditioner. It makes my color-treated hair soft and manageable, seems to help lock in the color, and it has an uncomplicated, clean scent. It is not cheap but seems to last longer than drugstore shampoos.

Whenever I went to buy shampoo, this was the product that I saw other women reach for the most. I haven't dyed my hair in years so I had no reason to buy it. But when I started getting highlights several months ago, I decided to give the Color Extend a whirl. For reference, I have very dark brown hair with chocolate highlights. I admit I was curious. I like this shampoo - but I don't looove it. It doesn't lather up all that much and psychologically, I think I need the suds. The shampoo does do a decent job cleaning my hair but I am used to more suds. I like the fact that the shampoo was gentle and my hair color didn't fade as quickly as when I used regular shampoo (Pantene or Herbel Essence for non-color treated hair). I would repurchase. I think it's great with the conditioner. I really like the conditioner. It makes my hair feel soft and it smells nice.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like the color extend line very much. I feel that this enhanced my color and def made it last longer. My hair, as with all Redken products is left shiny and soft. The smell is ok, nothing special. I wish it smelled fruity, it just smells plain and boring...nothing uplifting!