December 23, 2014 | 1565 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Color Extend Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 4:49:00 AM More reviews by jasmin3w4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I color my hair frequently so I thought I would try this and see how it would work. I was so disappointed in this shampoo and I normally love Redken products. I have fine hair and found it weighed it down and made my scalp feel filmy & greasy! This was the white colored shampoo not the clear kind. I will be staying clear of this shampoo. It smells good but doesn't clean my hair properly. I highly recommend the leave in conditioner from the color extend line

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2008 9:29:00 AM More reviews by RuralAngel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use both the conditioner and shampoo from this line along with Redken Outshine 01. I actually have some really good hair days!
I'm very happy with this product. I have huge bottles of it and would prefer a pump on that size bottle. It would be my hg but my hair is still a little dry after use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 9:55:00 AM More reviews by ais

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG, definitely! I love it how it makes my hair soft, manageable, bouncy and even makes my dry ends look good. This one also makes my hairs blonde colour bright, and keeps it like that, too. Would recommend to anyone with a coloured, but not very dry and coarse hair. The condition is GREAT too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2008 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really surprised a lot of people did not like this shampoo. I've just finished my first bottle and am ready to start on another one. I use it with the Color Extend Conditioner. It makes my color-treated hair soft and manageable, seems to help lock in the color, and it has an uncomplicated, clean scent. It is not cheap but seems to last longer than drugstore shampoos.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2007 3:25:00 AM More reviews by 98gaucho

Whenever I went to buy shampoo, this was the product that I saw other women reach for the most. I haven't dyed my hair in years so I had no reason to buy it. But when I started getting highlights several months ago, I decided to give the Color Extend a whirl. For reference, I have very dark brown hair with chocolate highlights. I admit I was curious. I like this shampoo - but I don't looove it. It doesn't lather up all that much and psychologically, I think I need the suds. The shampoo does do a decent job cleaning my hair but I am used to more suds. I like the fact that the shampoo was gentle and my hair color didn't fade as quickly as when I used regular shampoo (Pantene or Herbel Essence for non-color treated hair). I would repurchase. I think it's great with the conditioner. I really like the conditioner. It makes my hair feel soft and it smells nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 11:57:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

I like the color extend line very much. I feel that this enhanced my color and def made it last longer. My hair, as with all Redken products is left shiny and soft. The smell is ok, nothing special. I wish it smelled fruity, it just smells plain and boring...nothing uplifting!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2007 10:08:00 AM More reviews by sixwaystreet

I LOVE this shampoo. My hair is very troublesome, thick, and frizzy, but this shampoo has tamed it down a lot and made it naturally silky, smooth, and straight. Definitely the best shampoo I've used in a very long time, and I've used so many brands over the past few years.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2007 1:18:00 AM More reviews by krystennicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very dissapointed with this shampoo. It doesn't lather very well so you have to use a ton of it. And my hair is still oily-it doesn't cleanse very well. Smells ok but All Soft smelled way better. Maybe I have the old version of it? I read in these reviews that the first version was clear and the 2nd version was a white cream. And some reviewers bought new bottles and it was back to the clear formula. But I just bought my bottle at Trade Secret and it is the white cream. Not sure about how well it saves my color because I just bought it but I will add an update after a month or so if I don't get rid of it before then.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2007 3:15:00 PM More reviews by darkharbour

Very nice, highly conditioning shampoo that smells terrific. I am not sure if it truly keeps your color longer, but my fading seems to be reduced. My hair feels soft and it is shiny and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2007 9:02:00 AM More reviews by minimartha

I didn't use to like Redken Color Extend Shampoo or Conditioner but now since they have made some changes I decided to give it a try again and I have to say I really like it. I have my hair professional done with highlights and lowlights and the shampoo along with the conditoner really helps maintain my color!