October 24, 2014 | 1715 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by missycat928

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For the price of this balm, I would not recommend it to another user. I am a La Mer lotion and cream devotee (for my insanely dry facial skin). I thought the balm would be equally amazing for my lips. I will admit that it glides on nicely, makes the lips soft for a few hours, and has a nice, clean scent. However, the $45 price tag is a bit much. There are much better lip balms out there for a fraction of the price (such as Neutrogena lip moisturizer - my all time favorite). And, one other negative for me, is that it comes in a pot. I much prefer something that glides on without using fingers or a lip brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2008 4:41:00 PM More reviews by tiffeey

I love this lip balm! It smells great and it's a little bit sweet minty. It's definitely NOT cheap (thank God it was a present), but it helps to heal my chapped lips when they're at their worst and has a little drier feel than waxy chapsticks. I really get the results I want when I use this balm! Other than that, I don't really like the pot that it comes in. While it's easy to get at since it's big and round, I feel like it gets dirty faster and I can see it! All in all, this is a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2008 8:26:00 AM More reviews by p1nkd3vil

I've been using this lip balm for years now and it always keeps my lips soft and smooth. I apply generously before bedtime and gently scrub off the dead skin with toothbrush in the morning. I love the scent and taste of it, can't help but to lick my lips everytime I have this on.

Cons: Expensive and unhygienic. Wish that it comes in stick form so that I don't have to dip my finger in it every time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Tess35

EDIT 16/09/2009: I just came back from a week-long holiday. And as usual, the harsh cold air of high altitude places make my lips painfully dry before they chap or crack. On the third day of holidaying, my lips became very painfully dry with the sides beginning to chap- this is the prelude to chapping/cracking. I applied LM lip balm three times a day (especially at night) and surprisingly, my lips were restored back to their normal state without any form of chapping..yes without any form of peeling. Now that I am back to Singapore I only use lip balm before bedtime (fine..fine.. sometimes I do not use any at all) This is the only lip balm I am using right now and I guess it may stay that way for a long time.

I very seldom use lip balms because they are tacky and sticky and gooey. And they alter the color and texture of my lipstick. Instead I normally settle for lipstick with spf 'though they are not moisturizing enough. But when my lips are becoming too dry and tight, I have no choice but to apply the greasy Blistex DCT, the only lip balm that does not cause break out on my chin.

I found LM lip balm and I am very impressed with this product. I dab my finger twice from the container to my lips and I am done. My lips are well-moisturized and they absorb the emolient in this balm, making them very soft and comfortable without the dreaded grease. Although I still use LP lip treatment at night, LM is my daytime companion. I wish LM would make it in stick form 'though I think it will not be as effective as such.

I think LM designed this balm as a 24-h lipcare otherwise it would come with SPF and with colored version. Honestly, these are the only reasons why this product slightly missed HG material status for me. But still the best that has ever graced my lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2008 9:20:00 AM More reviews by PamdaBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this balm recently after a friend of mine raved about it. After using it for a few weeks, I've decided I won't be buying it again. It's a decent lip balm so it makes your lips feel smooth and it's nice that it looks really natural on your skin and not ultra shiny, but it doesn't have great lasting power. I need to reapply it three times a day to keep my lips from getting dry, so it doesn't have the lasting power that Smith's Rosebud Salve or Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour lip balm have. The smell is okay if you like mint. As with most lip balms that come in a pot, fluff and stuff tends to get in the pot or around the lid which you have to clean out all the time, which is why I tend to prefer lip balms in stick form. Overall, it's okay but it's definitely not the best lip balm I've ever used and it's by far the most expensive. So to those that are cost conscious, I would suggest going with something else that's cheaper and will work just as well (like Smith's Rosebud Salve or Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2008 6:06:00 PM More reviews by violetleaves

This is amazing. To appreciate it, of course, one must be the type who loves to indulge in luxury. As a hedonist myself, this is the perfect choice. Lips have never been so soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2008 5:35:00 PM More reviews by bara

I really only bought this as I dont like to wear lipstick during the day and I wanted a balm with a matt finish and it does do what it says it leaves your lips nice and soft thou it did leave a white film on my lips so that was not so good I would have preferred it to be totally invisable and the price is a bit steep.

I intend to try "this works- turbo balm" if that is no good then i will buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by taco_o_doom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

so despite the fact it's $40 for a little jar of lip balm... it rocks. I put it on before lipstick and it keeps my lips supple, and at night before bed, i wake up to soft lips. it's not heavily perfumed and very faintly flavored. I have a problem with most lipbalms drying out my lips and so far, this is the only product that hasn't... oh crap... i think i found my lip balm HG

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2008 12:08:00 AM More reviews by JCAUDO

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this lip balm for several years now. It is expensive, and I only bought it originally to meet the goal to get a goodie bag from Neimans! But... once I used it, I was hooked. I have chronically dry lips, doesnt matter what I do. This does the trick for me. It isnt' shiney, and thats fine for me. It has a pleasant scent, and actually lasts quite a while, and I go thru balms like water! I have another one that I use quite often too and go thru two of those before I go thru this one. So the price equals out. It is highly hydrating and has a wonderful texture. My only complaint would be that its in a pot and not a squeeze tube. But thats just my own preference. I like balms in squeeze tubes!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2008 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Viglen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I cant justify the 35 I spent on this lip balm. To be honest it is nothing special. It may have creme de la mers "special nutrient broth" but it doesn't hydrate any better than any other lip balm. I must admit it does make your lips feel silky after using it, but there is no sheen to it and looks like you are wearing nothing.

My favourite lip balm comes from the supermarket Asda and costs approx. 99p. It is far my hydrating than this, plumps up my lips way better and has a fresh minty taste. Besides, there is an exact replica of creme de la mer lipbalm by origins and is waaaaaaaay cheaper. It has the same flat green tub and feels just like it.

Sorry to disappoint but this is seriously nothing special!!!