La Mer Lip Balm

3.8

Petrolatum, Octyldodecanol, Microcrystalline Wax, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentaoleate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Seaweed Extract, Emerald, Algae Extract, Tourmaline, Sesame Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, Sodium-potassium-copper-calcium-magnesium And Zinc Gluconate, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Fish Protein, Castor Oil, Phytosphingosine Trehalose, Polybutene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Glyceryl Distearate, Water, Glycerin, Menthyl Pca, Oleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sodium Saccharin, Fragrance, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Bht Propylparaben, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake

on 11/24/2008 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hmmm....$45 dollars for a lip balm? I received this as a press sample for an article I'm writing and was skeptical from the outset. Doesn't feel that smooth going on, not does it soften lips...I re-applied three times today and nothing. I'd be willing to challenge any fans to a blind test with other balms...I'm pretty sure Carmex or Kiehl's would beat La Mer ...Though I'm sure people feel good buying it, because $45 almost sounds affordable compared to the creams.

on 10/30/2008 11:35:00 PM

This is an OK lip treatment, but you do have to apply it at least three time as day.

on 10/14/2008 3:30:00 PM

For the price of this balm, I would not recommend it to another user. I am a La Mer lotion and cream devotee (for my insanely dry facial skin). I thought the balm would be equally amazing for my lips. I will admit that it glides on nicely, makes the lips soft for a few hours, and has a nice, clean scent. However, the $45 price tag is a bit much. There are much better lip balms out there for a fraction of the price (such as Neutrogena lip moisturizer - my all time favorite). And, one other negative for me, is that it comes in a pot. I much prefer something that glides on without using fingers or a lip brush.

on 9/6/2008 4:41:00 PM

I love this lip balm! It smells great and it's a little bit sweet minty. It's definitely NOT cheap (thank God it was a present), but it helps to heal my chapped lips when they're at their worst and has a little drier feel than waxy chapsticks. I really get the results I want when I use this balm! Other than that, I don't really like the pot that it comes in. While it's easy to get at since it's big and round, I feel like it gets dirty faster and I can see it! All in all, this is a great product.

on 9/4/2008 8:26:00 AM

I've been using this lip balm for years now and it always keeps my lips soft and smooth. I apply generously before bedtime and gently scrub off the dead skin with toothbrush in the morning. I love the scent and taste of it, can't help but to lick my lips everytime I have this on.

Cons: Expensive and unhygienic. Wish that it comes in stick form so that I don't have to dip my finger in it every time.

on 8/27/2008 3:31:00 AM

EDIT 16/09/2009: I just came back from a week-long holiday. And as usual, the harsh cold air of high altitude places make my lips painfully dry before they chap or crack. On the third day of holidaying, my lips became very painfully dry with the sides beginning to chap- this is the prelude to chapping/cracking. I applied LM lip balm three times a day (especially at night) and surprisingly, my lips were restored back to their normal state without any form of chapping..yes without any form of peeling. Now that I am back to Singapore I only use lip balm before bedtime (fine..fine.. sometimes I do not use any at all) This is the only lip balm I am using right now and I guess it may stay that way for a long time.

I very seldom use lip balms because they are tacky and sticky and gooey. And they alter the color and texture of my lipstick. Instead I normally settle for lipstick with spf 'though they are not moisturizing enough. But when my lips are becoming too dry and tight, I have no choice but to apply the greasy Blistex DCT, the only lip balm that does not cause break out on my chin.

I found LM lip balm and I am very impressed with this product. I dab my finger twice from the container to my lips and I am done. My lips are well-moisturized and they absorb the emolient in this balm, making them very soft and comfortable without the dreaded grease. Although I still use LP lip treatment at night, LM is my daytime companion. I wish LM would make it in stick form 'though I think it will not be as effective as such.

I think LM designed this balm as a 24-h lipcare otherwise it would come with SPF and with colored version. Honestly, these are the only reasons why this product slightly missed HG material status for me. But still the best that has ever graced my lips.

on 7/6/2008 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this balm recently after a friend of mine raved about it. After using it for a few weeks, I've decided I won't be buying it again. It's a decent lip balm so it makes your lips feel smooth and it's nice that it looks really natural on your skin and not ultra shiny, but it doesn't have great lasting power. I need to reapply it three times a day to keep my lips from getting dry, so it doesn't have the lasting power that Smith's Rosebud Salve or Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour lip balm have. The smell is okay if you like mint. As with most lip balms that come in a pot, fluff and stuff tends to get in the pot or around the lid which you have to clean out all the time, which is why I tend to prefer lip balms in stick form. Overall, it's okay but it's definitely not the best lip balm I've ever used and it's by far the most expensive. So to those that are cost conscious, I would suggest going with something else that's cheaper and will work just as well (like Smith's Rosebud Salve or Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour lip balm.

on 6/30/2008 6:06:00 PM

This is amazing. To appreciate it, of course, one must be the type who loves to indulge in luxury. As a hedonist myself, this is the perfect choice. Lips have never been so soft.

on 6/29/2008 5:35:00 PM

I really only bought this as I dont like to wear lipstick during the day and I wanted a balm with a matt finish and it does do what it says it leaves your lips nice and soft thou it did leave a white film on my lips so that was not so good I would have preferred it to be totally invisable and the price is a bit steep.

I intend to try "this works- turbo balm" if that is no good then i will buy this again.

on 5/29/2008 10:01:00 PM

so despite the fact it's $40 for a little jar of lip balm... it rocks. I put it on before lipstick and it keeps my lips supple, and at night before bed, i wake up to soft lips. it's not heavily perfumed and very faintly flavored. I have a problem with most lipbalms drying out my lips and so far, this is the only product that hasn't... oh crap... i think i found my lip balm HG

Top Rated Lip Treatments