September 19, 2014 | 1658 users online

Sunscreen - Clarins - UV PLUS Protective Day Screen SPF 40

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2007 12:53:00 AM More reviews by funky_bee

One of the best suncreens I've tried. Even after a day at the beach, it kept my face matte, without the taut feeling. My skin did not turn red too. Excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2007 2:44:00 PM More reviews by jnrmendiola

Another great product I cannot live without. Been using this since the product first launched I believe in 2005 when I was working in the cosmetics department, I heard about it through a coworker who worked at the Clarins counter. I loved everything about this sunscreen that when she was off, I sold tons of the product for her! and I worked over at the Origins counter...LOL. sure it is pricey, but well worth it. It's lightweight, the fragrance is light and best of all, it's got white tea in it! Definitely give this one a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2007 3:25:00 PM More reviews by starrroth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My cousin started using this product and recommended it to me. She has dry/normal skin and I have normal/combo skin and this product works great for the both of us. It is not greasy, no strong scent and is absorbed quickly. Definitely will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2007 10:29:00 AM More reviews by MonikaC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This sunscreen is very gentle to the eye and skin, which is my no. 1 concern. I use it as a moisturizer as well and my skin is just fine in teh sun. The only thing is that it might be a little too lotion like to me. A cream texture would make it perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2007 4:41:00 PM More reviews by OnlyKC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this product. It is truly amazing. EVERY sunscreen in the world makes me cry, breaks me out, and is too thick. This sunscreen doesn't do ANY of those things. I love the fact that is is a SPF 40 and dries to a Matte finish. Without a doubt my HG sunscreen.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2007 6:14:00 PM More reviews by curlycuesue

I've been searching for a non-greasy, non-comedogenic, relatively-priced sunscreen that won't turn my face ghostly white, and when I came across the reviews on MUA, I thought the Clarins UV Screen could be just what I was looking for. First off, let me tell you that I hate wearing sunscreen (mostly b/c the ones I've tried in the past were either greasy, broke me out, turned my face white, or the SPF wasn't high enough). So, I usually end up not wearing sunscreen (I know, I know, shame on me). =( However, Clarins UV Screen had decent reviews so I decided "What the heck? You never know..." The texture is very liquidy, and I only need a few drops to cover my entire face. After applying, my face isn't greasy or oily, but it's actually soft and matte. Also, I was afraid of breaking out, but my skin stayed clear and nonreactive to this sunscreen. Unfortunately, the one bad thing I noticed was that this leaves my face a weird pinkish/apricotish color (as if I was wearing a too-pink-for-me foundation). Granted my face didn't turn white, but I didn't like the pinkish hue, either. No matter what I did (shake the bottle vigorously for about 30 sec; use only 2 drops instead of 3-4 drops; etc.), there was that apricot-colored tint. Generally speaking, this sunscreen has lots to offer: mineral and not chemical, high SPF, non-comedogenic, petite packaging, and goes on matte and smooth, but b/c of the unnatural color it gives my face, I won't be repurchasing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 10:18:00 AM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just have to add to the raves here for this product and add another 5 stars to its rating! I actually have the SPF 30 product but they didn't have it listed here on MUA, it's the same as the SPF 40 but it has 30 instead. This is really a great sunscreen, I find it hard to believe it is a mineral sunscreen because it doesn't leave a white cast AT ALL. It does go on a little bit thick and greasy and goopy, but all of that goes away in about 10 minutes and leaves a matte satiny finish with a bit of a healthy, radiant non-greasy glow. A bit of a fragrance which I found quite pleasant although I can't describe it and it is quite faint so it goes away soon and doesn't bother anyone at all. I haven't tried it with makeup yet, it actually gives such a beautiful satiny finish that I found makeup unnecessary. After a few hours I did get greasy, but I always get greasy with everything, so for oil-slicks like me powder would still be necessary, but not a bothersome or unusual amount.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 5:18:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Brilliant! This is just the best, most elegantly formulated sunscreen for daily use I have ever tried, and I have tried many. Among it's many pros: (1) SPF 40 with UVA&UVB protection! (2) goes on sheer and dries to a soft matte finish without a white cast, so it's perfect under makeup or by itself; (3) no "sunscreen" smell; (4) no chemical sunscreens to irritate sensitive skin; (5) does not get greasy, as many sunscreens tend do do on my oily skin; (6) easy-to-use packaging, small enough to go in my purse. Other posters have mentioned the price ($38) and the size of the packaging (small) and I agree that the price is slightly high, however, it is also the absolute best product of this type on the market that I've ever found. Considering sunscreen is the single most important thing I put on my face all day, I don't mind paying a little more for reliable protection. And because this does not have all the usual disadvantages of daily sunscreens (no greasy feel, whitish cast, or unpleasant smell) I am really very happy to spend the money on such a well-formulated sunscreen.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2007 1:05:00 PM More reviews by catdeluxe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is amazing. I love it's fluid-like texture, which is not thick at all (like some other spf40 sunscreens have). It's lightly perfumed, blends well on the face and sinks into the skin immidiately.
This is one of the best sunscreens I've ever tried. I also love the matte veil - at the beginning I was sceptic about it but it works wonderfully on my combo skin!
All five lippies from me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2007 12:29:00 AM More reviews by RebeccaC01

This has to be the absolute best sunscreen I have ever put onto my face!!! Clarins hit the gold mine with this one...a titanium dioxide sunscreen that's light as air! The sunscreen protects quite well for daily wear and it does not make my face really shiny, like most other sunscreens! I'm happy to say Clarins really delivers here!