August 20, 2014 | 1848 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Satinwear 02 ultimate blow-dry lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2005 5:17:00 PM More reviews by yunab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ladies, I have finally found a HG hair product. This is IT! I have coarse wavy/curly hair that becomes a frizzy big poufball if I'm not careful. To fight this, I've used combinations of leave-in conditioners, gels, serums etc etc but now I use only Satinwear. I use about two pumps worth of lotion and work into my damp hair and let it air dry (funny that this is blow drying lotion) . The result is manageable, soft and non-sticky. Sometimes, I still have a tiny bit of frizz. In that case, I use the tiniest amount of Paul Mitchells Styling Glaze and run lightly over my hair. I got good results with Spin Control too but my husband just hated the smell so I had to stop using this. I'm really glad I found this instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2005 6:24:00 PM More reviews by absolut_blonde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of the best blowdrying lotions I've found so far. True to its name, it makes my hair supersoft. Used sparingly, it doesn't weigh my hair down, either, though it can if you go overboard. I alternate this with the Pureology Straight serum-- the Pureology is good for when I want my hair to seem thicker, but Satinwear is best for silky, sleek looks. I like this so much that I even use this as leave-in conditioner on days that I don't blowdry my hair. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2005 10:13:00 PM More reviews by spvintage

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really loved this at first....After a few uses it made my hair limp and full of static. I even used some clairifying shampoo to help relieve any build up. I actually just threw it out today. I dont know what went wrong.....Maybe it depends on what kind of water you have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2005 5:40:00 PM More reviews by lisaf6501

Got this the other day thanks to all the great reviews on MUA. Once again, you ladies have steered me in the right direction. This stuff is amazing! After I blow dried with it, my hair felt so soft and silky. No frizz at all, and it wasn't weighed down in the slightest. The smell and the packaging are great, too. Great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2005 5:43:00 PM More reviews by kinipela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I normally use Rusk Wired but I had to add something to get free shipping, so I bought this and I am glad that I tried it. I like the pump.

It makes your hair silky soft and smooth, it does leave you with some fly-aways which I am not used to.

The consistency is a creamy but not thick, a bit runny so I am not sure that coarser hair gals could use this.

I feel that Rusk Wired gives more styling hold while providing protection and also the versatility to use in wet or dry hair.

I do feel though that this a good product and on days where I do not need a lot of styling hold and I am going more natural, I will use this

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2005 6:40:00 AM More reviews by lanae87

I really like this creamy blow drying lotion....made my hair very soft and shiny without feeling greasy or weighted down. I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2005 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Marcy82

I bought a small sample size to try it out and I think it's great so far. It does smooth out my hair and doesn't feel producty and sticky. I use Joico ICE whip on my roots and this on the ends. Results- great hair. So far I'm suprised that it's lasting through the humidity. I tried it today without the ICE whip and it worked well on the shaft of my hair but the roots were kind of frizzy. The smell is okay and disappears quickly. Would definately buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2005 12:14:00 AM More reviews by cheesysmookums

This stuff smells DIVINE! I've never used a blow out type product before but I was lucky. This makes my hair smell SOOO good, soft and smooth! I'm thinking about seeing if there's anything else for volume though .. but would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2005 10:33:00 AM More reviews by cbohanno

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow! I've been looking for a HG styling product that is cheaper than my beloved Kereastase. So $15 is a steal for what this does...I have shoulder length, fine, dry, highlighted hair which has thinned out a lot due to postpartum hair loss. This gave me sleek, shiny (but not greasy or limp) hair with bounce. All I had to use was the dryer and round brush and it looks like a salon blow dry. Didn't even have to use the flat iron, which is amazing. I am never dissapointed with Redken products. Will definately buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2005 2:45:00 PM More reviews by beachkitty79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a sample size of this at Ulta (love how you can buy sample sizes of the Redken products there!). This is a nice styling product. I definitely felt like it helped smooth out my hair more with the help of my blow dryer and provide sort of a "hold". However, it was not sticky or crunchy, which was the big plus. I don't think this is creamy enough for someone who has extremely coarse and frizzy hair. This would be good for someone who wants to smooth out their hair but has problems with the creamy styling products looking too greasy.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No