Redken Satinwear 02 ultimate blow-dry lotion

4.2

Water/Aqua, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyacrylamide, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance, Vinyl Caprolactam/VP/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Dimethiconol, Hydroxypropyl Guar, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-23, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Laureth-4, Methylparaben, Isopropyl Myristate, Laureth-7, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Xylose, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, 2-Oleamido-1, 3-Octadecanediol, Oleth-10, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Benzyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Disodium Cocamphodipropionate, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Lecithin, Phosphoric Acid, Polyquaternium-10 (D6260/5)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great stuff. Adds hold and shine with no stiffness. Great pump dispenser that locks easily. Use just a little bit and the 5oz bottle ($14) will last months!

Excellent packaging! This seems to work pretty well at smoothing my dryish, fine, wiry hair. However, I am dismayed that there is so much alcohol in this product, not a good thing for already dry hair. It DID smooth out the frizzies, but I am not so sure about its ability to really add softness and shine; kind of left my hair a tad dry, so I only gave this four lippies. I will keep using however and be sure to update soon to see what the long term effects are.

Long term, this weighed down my hair and was not as smoothing after all, as it was at first. The scent was nice and it seemed to work at first, but in hindsight, this was not a good purchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This stuff is way beyond fabulous. I have very unruly shoulder-length, very layered hair with really weird curl/wave/straight patterns... this makes my hair incredibly soft but full and with lots of body at the same time and somehow miraculously turns my curls/waves/straight bits into a really together, neat-but-tossled look. You only need the tiniest bit to get the job done, smells great, and really does work miracles. Makes my hair feel like pure silk but with no weigh-down or stringiness. Fantastic stuff.

I got this as a freebie at the Shecky's girl's night out. I'm not really sure if it lives up to what it says, but it does protect my hair to a sense, it keeps it from being frizzy and crazy, and does help as my hair doesn't look fried. Smells pretty good and I didn't shell out any $$$ for it so it's pretty goo. No complaints.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Love this stuff! Smells great, you only need a tiny bit, and my hair comes out smooth and silky. Holds my straight style all day. Will be repurchasing. Very worth the money.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ladies, I have finally found a HG hair product. This is IT! I have coarse wavy/curly hair that becomes a frizzy big poufball if I'm not careful. To fight this, I've used combinations of leave-in conditioners, gels, serums etc etc but now I use only Satinwear. I use about two pumps worth of lotion and work into my damp hair and let it air dry (funny that this is blow drying lotion) . The result is manageable, soft and non-sticky. Sometimes, I still have a tiny bit of frizz. In that case, I use the tiniest amount of Paul Mitchells Styling Glaze and run lightly over my hair. I got good results with Spin Control too but my husband just hated the smell so I had to stop using this. I'm really glad I found this instead.

This is one of the best blowdrying lotions I've found so far. True to its name, it makes my hair supersoft. Used sparingly, it doesn't weigh my hair down, either, though it can if you go overboard. I alternate this with the Pureology Straight serum-- the Pureology is good for when I want my hair to seem thicker, but Satinwear is best for silky, sleek looks. I like this so much that I even use this as leave-in conditioner on days that I don't blowdry my hair. I will definitely repurchase.

I really loved this at first....After a few uses it made my hair limp and full of static. I even used some clairifying shampoo to help relieve any build up. I actually just threw it out today. I dont know what went wrong.....Maybe it depends on what kind of water you have.

Got this the other day thanks to all the great reviews on MUA. Once again, you ladies have steered me in the right direction. This stuff is amazing! After I blow dried with it, my hair felt so soft and silky. No frizz at all, and it wasn't weighed down in the slightest. The smell and the packaging are great, too. Great stuff!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I normally use Rusk Wired but I had to add something to get free shipping, so I bought this and I am glad that I tried it. I like the pump.

It makes your hair silky soft and smooth, it does leave you with some fly-aways which I am not used to.

The consistency is a creamy but not thick, a bit runny so I am not sure that coarser hair gals could use this.

I feel that Rusk Wired gives more styling hold while providing protection and also the versatility to use in wet or dry hair.

I do feel though that this a good product and on days where I do not need a lot of styling hold and I am going more natural, I will use this

Popular Styling Products