MAC Please Me

4.2

on 1/26/2010 9:51:00 PM

The formula is so drying and is very uncomfortable to wear. If you wear balm underneath the color is not even. This is a formula from the 80s, drags and emphasises all dryness on lips. The color is OK but looks a bit cheap. Any drugstore lipstick would surpass this. The formula really needs to be updated.

on 12/21/2009 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I really wish I could write a rave review on Please Me .. but this lipstick is definitely one that's destined for my swap list.

Color wise, this is fine. A light to medium soft pink that's not quite as nude as Kindy Sexy, slightly more rose toned. MAC matte lipsticks are IME, totally hit or miss, and this is a miss for me. The texture on this seems more drying than my other MAC mattes, and this highlights every single imperfection in my lips, and makes them peel like mad! While it's a nice color, I just can't get past the application and wear on this. To the swap stash it goes. continued >>

on 12/4/2009 11:42:00 AM

hmmmm .. on me looks a bit different than the pic .. its a pale barbie pink shade ., very nice with smokey eye

beautiful color but its a bit drying sometimes i need some lipbalmm to make it look better ,,

on 12/3/2009 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

on my warm complexion this was a very unflattering tone of pinky nude..even the texture was terrible, its too drying.

on 9/22/2009 4:33:00 PM

I love it! It's the perfect pink for me! Not a hot pink or a pale pink, but a lovely feminine medium pink.

on 8/19/2009 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Absolutely great! I find this shade to be discretely sexy, not too pale but not too "loud" either, feminine but would definitely not make men fear to kiss you cause they would get smudged (as some male friends have confessed about red). In my point of view, even the matte finish works well to that end...It is gorgeous with a tan, but always make sure that eye make-up is in neutral colours (even when it is smokey) and try to avoid blues, greens, purples,etc, or you might end up looking more like a painting than a real person...So, use properly and enjoy!

on 7/22/2009 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

my favourite lipstick! it looks fabulous with a smokey eye on me and also when i wear little or no eye makeup. It looks good when i ahve a very pink or baby pink blush on and it just brightens my face.

on 6/12/2009 4:22:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I bought this because it was sold out in months in Korea because a famous celeb Song Hye Gyo wore it to a movie premiere, and she looked GORGEOUS!! I wore it alone the first time I bought it, and thought it was a total mistake to buy it. Then I paired it with MAC Slimshine in Urgent! and it was love at first sight. It was the exact rosy color I was looking for! It's also really good because slimshine provides the moisture that Please Me lacks. For reference, I am Asian with very pale skin and black hair.

on 6/8/2009 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

the 2nd photo of this lipstick on someones lips (baby light pink colour) is a very inaccurate depiction of the of please me.
its quite a deep pink, with hints of red, not OTT but a more brighter pinky version of your lips. you can look like a clown with the wrong eye makeup. be wary...
EDIT: i now own this ls and i must say im inlove! when your trying on a ls, put it on and walk outside and have a look at it else where, the bright lights at mac counters can totally change the overall apperance of the lipstick on you. i still go by what i said about making you look clownish, keep your eye makeup simple wiht just black eyeliner, it looks best with a simple look

on 5/13/2009 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

A matte babydoll pink on me. It doesn't have that much blue undertones so to me, it doesn't look mauve. I'm on the fence whether or not I'd repurchase. I like to use it with other lipsticks of more of a warmer peachy shade. The staying power is pretty good since it is a matte l/s

Popular Lipsticks