July 29, 2014 | 2054 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Please Me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 1:31:00 AM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this lipstick!!! It's a light Barbie pink, but not a bright pink, just really light and pretty. This is my HG everyday lippie, looks great on my tan NC40 skin. I like it with C-thru, Like Venus Dazzleglass, and Revlon Pink Whisper l/g over it...pink without being super bright (like Snob). It's one of the very few lippies I'll actually repurchase when I run out!! Must have for anyone that likes pinks.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 3:02:00 AM More reviews by happycanary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Please me, on me, looks like a very artificial light barbie pink, which I love! It's a little drying, but that is to be expected of most matte lipsticks. I wouldn't wear this to the office, but it's a great weekend look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 2:01:00 AM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This lipstick looks most like pics #2 and 3 above on me. It is somewhat unnatural-looking on its own. But with a lip gloss over it, it looks like a more interesting nude lip on me. I really like it and feel it is wearable every day to work since it is such a pretty pink with a gloss over it. It is a Barbie pink, like the reviewer below has noted. I am an NC25 with yellow undertones, for reference. Today I wore smokier eyes, and this looked great paired with the eyeshadow! I will definitely purchase again, plus the matte formula is a winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by mbui

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BEAUTIFUL pink. I have tons and tons of pink lippies and this a nice addition to my collection. Colorwise it's a soft pretty pink; not really dark, but not super light either. It's def a barbie-ish color. Finish is matte so the staying power is great. Make sure to wear a balm underneath though and to give it extra oomph finish with a gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2009 12:09:00 AM More reviews by snwsnw

I bought this color because I feel as if sometimes I have all the same shades!! Like the reviewer below, I wanted something different. I have purchased VIva Glam V and Viva Glam VI SE lipglasses in the past, but this was my first MAC lipstick! I ordered online without seeing it the store, and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. I did my research on MUA of course, but I normally don't buy makeup sight unseen (the colors on the swatches never really are true). The first time I tried this lipstick on, I didn't like it. I loved the color, but I was having a hard time figuring out how to make the "matte" formula work for me. I'm normally a lipglass or tinted chap stick kind of gal. I apply a thin layer of either burt's bees or lip smackers (non tinted) and then I apply Please Me. This combo is a winner! I didn't think such a bubble gum pink shade would suit my skin tone, but it truly looks fabulous. This is the perfect every day, sexy yet understated, perfect for a smokey or neutral eye, lipstick! I love this lipstick so much, I ordered two different shades as well (Jubilee and Marquise D'!!!!) I have those reviews also! I will purchase Please Me over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Trinity675

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really surprised how much I liked this color. I bought it because I wanted something different. I normally love a bright red lip, and if I don't do that, I just do gloss. So I wanted something different because I tend to get in a rut sometimes and I end up with 50 of nearly the same color!!

I think it looks a little more natural on fair skinned girls, but can look good on a variety of skin tones, it just depends on what you're going for. On me (NW20) I feel like it's almost a nude, except maybe better! It is noticable, but not overpowering. I wore it with some black eyeliner and a ton of mascara and I think it looks great. It makes my lips look bigger and more Angelina-esque, which is always a good thing in my opinion. I think you can do a lot of different looks with it, too, since it's dramatic enough to be on it's own, but also neutral enough to be worn with a stronger eye.

I like it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a big advocate of matte lipstick, but Please Me is one of the few exceptions. The color is a stunning warm, light/medium pink that perks up my NW20 complexion. Being a) matte and b) very pink, it's not the most natural-looking lipstick ever (I get weird looks when I wear bright lipstick to my 9AM classes), but it's quite lovely. I own a million pink lipsticks but this one stands out to me!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2008 11:56:00 PM More reviews by saralaurie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is truly the only pink that I have really liked. I bought this color last week and thought I would wait to see how I liked it before I payed 14 dollars for another. I always have to have two tubes of the same color. One for home and one for my purse. I have loved this shade. I would not think of wearing this without a gloss or balm over it. I use carmex. I wasn't sure about this matte chalky shade, but after experimenting with the carmex, which I normally use anyway, I adore the look now. This lipstick lasts like a long wearing lippy. If you like the baby pillowy pink look, get Please Me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by lindsaylapoet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

SUCH a beautiful shade, a matte rosy pink. This one is a keeper for sure and every woman that likes to look sexy and playful from time to time should have this in their makeup bag. I had been looking for a shade like this for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by katield

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't like doing color-specific reviews but that apparently seems to be what's going on in this category. I bought this on a whim because it looked so cute on me in the store. It's a powdery bubblegum pink which, believe me, I would NEVER think would work on me at all. I was worried when I left the lighting of the store that I would realize I'd made a mistake but it still looked great. I love the fact that it's matte. So many companies don't really make matte anymore and I personally like to control the amount of glossiness in a lipstick. It lasts a long time - the intensity diminishes a bit but that's to be expected with anything. It's my first MAC lipstick and I want to run out and buy another shade because I like this one so much.