Philosophy Amazing Grace cologne

3.7

on 6/30/2008 3:35:00 PM

i love amazing grace!! it's a light, breezy scent that isn't overwhelming, as long as you don't abuse it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i love this scent. its not too strong or overwhelming at all. i'm a teacher and my students always ask what im wearing cause it smells clean and fresh.

on 6/29/2008 4:57:00 PM

I first tried this 4/5 years ago and found it a bit too sweet and not very long lasting, I dismissed it as a non starter for me. I am a big fan of philosophy products and over the years have tried the fragrances again and again with the same results. But recently in the search for a scent I have revisited AG and it's OK, it's not perfect, but it is pleasant, nice, inoffensive, unobtrusive. My annoyance is that it is a bit too elusive, I find myself chasing it up my arm trying in vain to locate where I sprayed it, but then it is a cologne, I have the same problem with the rollerball, but am hoping to try the EDP soon, so maybe that will be better.

on 6/27/2008 6:50:00 PM

My husband bought this for me and I so much wanted to love this. I get the concept and like it, but this is all fleeting, watery soap on me. Lathering up with the 3-in-1 is a more intense fragrance experience, but, still--just plain, white soap. I'd be more inclined to use this as a home fragrance than a people fragrance! The one thing I can say about it is that it is fine for hot weather, and not likely to overwhelm or offend anyone.

on 6/23/2008 8:53:00 PM

Would you buy this product again? More than I want to. This is a beautiful fragrance for summer - light, clean and feminine. My complaint is the ridiculously high price for a fragrance that lasts half as long as a body splash. The EDP costs more and doesn't last any longer. I haven't found anything more pleasant during hot and humid weather, so Philosphy has me suckered for now.

on 6/22/2008 9:18:00 PM

Love this scent! It smells so clean!

on 6/20/2008 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I honestly can't figure out why so many people like this fragrance, especially those more in "my generation." To me, it smells pretty - but not the kind of pretty I'd want my boyfriend to smell on me, the kind of pretty I'd want to smell on my grandmother.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My #1 fragrance!!!!! I simply can't get enough of this stuff. I have been a fan for like the past 3 years and still haven't tired of it yet. Not sure about the other reviewers but I find that it does stay on me for a long period of time. An ex-bf still compliments me on Amazing Grace. I truly am addicted to it. Love it!!!

on 5/19/2008 12:26:00 PM

I also bought the tiny bottle of this at the Sephora from the bins at the check out line (oh they get me EVERY time!), and I LOVE this scent. It is very fresh and girly-definitely a scent that is very versatile as you could wear it during the day at work or lounging around, or for a night out. It isn't too sweet or floral at all which I tend to stay away from since that isn't my taste. This is definitely a perfume that could be worn all the time for ANY occassion, thats what makes it one of my must have items. But like others have said, it doesn't really stay on too long-I wonder if the oil version would last longer?

on 5/9/2008 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

I picked this up on a whim in those little bins that line the checkout section of Sephora...and have been obsessed with it ever since!!! Gorgeous, light, clean, feminine scent that literally just makes me so happy and calmed when I wear it. Since I bought it, I can't stop sniffing myself trying to catch a whiff! Speaking of which, that's why I only gave it 4 lippies - the staying power is not very good. But it's only an EDT, so I don't expect too much - I just bought the EDP as well, and it's staying power is fine for me.

Popular Fragrances