July 31, 2014 | 1943 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Clarifying Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 7:25:00 AM More reviews by girlinlimbo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Before I bought this product I had read a few reviews that said it comes out a little orange on your skin. My skin is a medium tone and I ordered tone 2. I first apply the E.L.F. mineral concealer, then foundation then the sheer. After I apply that I lightly go over my face with this powder then blend. This powder is awesome because it only takes a little bit and during the summer months when my skin is a little more tan than in winter I can put on my makeup as normal, then add a little clarifying powder to darken it up and help it better match my tan skin. The final color isn't orange but I do not use a lot, I would imagine if you applied it heavy it would come out orange because it really only takes a little bit for it to show up. I will definately keep this product in my makeup bag for the summer and buy more when I run out! Works GREAT!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am using this in Tone 1 now that I have a tan...fair girls beware, this is for tanned/dark skin only! It's a decent shade though, and the texture is nice, although it can go on kinda thick if ur not careful. I use a fluffy brush to apply over the elf hydro tint (which is fab btw). It doesn't go all patchy, or emphasize dry areas like some powders can. Wish it had a bit more oil control properties, but for $1 it's darn good. Mineral oil is one of the few things that actually doesn't break me out at all, so I don't mind that it has that. Packaging sucks though. UPDATE: I just noticed on elf's website, they came out with 2 new shades. They have an ivory shade now, for those gals that couldn't use this before cuz it was too dark, now you can!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Superhen

Very good quality. I use it for touch up and does its work and disappears, no powder effect on the skin. The box looks cheap but it is not a problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2009 1:52:00 AM More reviews by piyopiyo127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is super soft, much better than i anticipated for something that's only $1!!! it's just as soft as JANE'S blushes and way better coverage and way softer than covergirl's pressed powder compacts.
it's actually a lot smaller than any compact i've ever seen before, but personally i like that as it makes it more convenient to carry around for touch ups.
my only complaint is that it doesn't come with a mirror.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by elsbett

I have a light-olive skin tone, and LOVE this powder for quick touch-ups (Tone 2 for me). First I blot with ELF's blotter sheets, then cover oily/bad spots with this powder, and I think it looks great on me. I carry this in my purse with the blotter sheets, and love it for quick touch-ups.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by holdener4

Bought the powder in Tone 1. I think it is perfect for putting in your purse for quick touch ups. I use it on my nose, forehead, and chin to get rid of the shine I get throughout the day. This powder does the trick. I do think the compact is a little cheap and could be better, but for only a dollar, I think it fine. Would buy this again, and would recommend to anyone wanting to have a small inexpensive powder compact for touch ups throughout the day.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 3:00:00 AM More reviews by yumcheesy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PPP- this crap made me look like an OoompaLoompa, yuck!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2008 4:52:00 AM More reviews by cmaniezzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was surprise that I love this product. I bough tone 1 and 2.. it was much darker than what shows on the website. I can't wear tone 2, but the tone 1 is perfect for me. It blends nicely with my neutrogena clearing skin foundation. I put it on using my kabuki brush from body shop, it make my skin look so soft and smooth. I don't use the puff that come with it because it looks rough and I don't want to scratch my face.I really don't expected to get such a great look from a 1 dollar product. It's worth to try. Just remember that the color that shows on the website is way way darker.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2008 7:59:00 AM More reviews by nurjehanyan

Worth the try but the shade is too orange for my skin tone. Maybe I exerted too much force but the powder puff torn on my second time using the powder. However, the powder covers well.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2008 2:09:00 AM More reviews by kangisaga

too pigmented, makes me look like i got a bad tan
too orange