April 19, 2014 | 1051 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Clarifying Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by elsbett

I have a light-olive skin tone, and LOVE this powder for quick touch-ups (Tone 2 for me). First I blot with ELF's blotter sheets, then cover oily/bad spots with this powder, and I think it looks great on me. I carry this in my purse with the blotter sheets, and love it for quick touch-ups.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by holdener4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought the powder in Tone 1. I think it is perfect for putting in your purse for quick touch ups. I use it on my nose, forehead, and chin to get rid of the shine I get throughout the day. This powder does the trick. I do think the compact is a little cheap and could be better, but for only a dollar, I think it fine. Would buy this again, and would recommend to anyone wanting to have a small inexpensive powder compact for touch ups throughout the day.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 3:00:00 AM More reviews by yumcheesy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PPP- this crap made me look like an OoompaLoompa, yuck!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2008 4:52:00 AM More reviews by cmaniezzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was surprise that I love this product. I bough tone 1 and 2.. it was much darker than what shows on the website. I can't wear tone 2, but the tone 1 is perfect for me. It blends nicely with my neutrogena clearing skin foundation. I put it on using my kabuki brush from body shop, it make my skin look so soft and smooth. I don't use the puff that come with it because it looks rough and I don't want to scratch my face.I really don't expected to get such a great look from a 1 dollar product. It's worth to try. Just remember that the color that shows on the website is way way darker.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2008 7:59:00 AM More reviews by nurjehanyan

Worth the try but the shade is too orange for my skin tone. Maybe I exerted too much force but the powder puff torn on my second time using the powder. However, the powder covers well.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2008 2:09:00 AM More reviews by kangisaga

too pigmented, makes me look like i got a bad tan
too orange

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 10:03:00 PM More reviews by mochasplash

this product is complete crap. theres not a single ingredient in this that is good for the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2008 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Toughie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It bought two tones (2 and 3) and I found out the the darker tone (3) would be good to cover my foundations that were too light and it blends to make my perfect shade! Now I can use all my foundaions even if it was the wrong color. ^^

Tone 2, being my perfect shade, I can just use it alone to blot when I get oily.

It does blot some shine, which I really like. But I have to keep blotting, so I use a lot.

The packaging is poor. If you're not careful or just heavy handed, it could fall apart in no time. The puff fallls apart pretty quick too.

But I would probably buy again for blotting and blending purposes. =)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by vvs9992003

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a light/medium Asian skin color. I bought tone 2, thinking that was about right. Be careful because the picture they show you on the website is WAYY lighter than it actually is. The powder is pretty dark, and very orange. It totally did not match my skin tone.

The powder is also really cheap quality, because after a few uses you can see the bumpy surface. The compact is really cheap quality. My lid broke off and became all weird looking and opaue. The one thing the powder is able to do is absorb oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2008 3:04:00 AM More reviews by everitt4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Light coverage, I bought the tone 3 and tone 2 since they were $1 each and I couldn't decide. I'm definitely a tone 2 (asian-y skin), but I like the tone 3 for a little bronzing color. I use a brush to apply the darker tone, so I don't glow orange on the face. It doesn't last all day, but it does get rid of the shine. I don't think it's making me break out... but it's hard to say, since i tend to use all powders/foundations more when I'm hiding something...