E.L.F. Clarifying Pressed Powder

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Titanium Dioxide, Cyclomethicone, Zinc Stearate, Petrolatum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance(Aroma), Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410), Red No.7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarines (CI 77007) 9/2/09

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm quite pleased with this brand so far. I have this in Light Beige shade, which is an almost exact shade match for me. I wear mineral makeup but late in the afternoon, my face gets shiny, oily and not so cute. This is a wonderful touch up powder, that controls shine, but still somehow manages to let your skin have a glow, instead of looking masky. I don't know about the "clarifying" benefits but I will see if it helps in that regard. So far I'm happy with this powder, compact is dinky and cheap looking, but at least it's small and can fit in your pocket easily!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This pressed powder is ok. Not the best i had used, but you can't blame it for it's price. Very affordable.
My skin reacts to it every time i try to put it on. I wont be getting this now more. As far as the oil control goes, it very good. It eliminates shine right away, but ti also fades away fast. I think the formula for this powder is too thin or something. It's goes on light, but fades quickly away, maybe last 1 to 3 hours depending if you are moving around or not. I have very oily skin so it didn't work too great with my skins.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

im fair and i use the all over cover stick in fair which is perfect, so i bought this powder in fair thinking it will be a similar colour. As soon as i saw the powder i knew it was too dark. I tried it anyway and it's so dark on me i actually use it as a bronzer :') believe it or not.
so if you are fair don't bother buying it.
I cant comment on its effectiveness as a powder because i can't use it as its too dark. :(
oh well, it only cost 1.50 so it's not that dissapointing. Im waiting for the elf studio high definition powder to become available online as it is transparent.
packaging is good.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The packaging is totally cheap, but I LOVE THIS POWDER!!! I have several back-ups in my makeup kit. This is one of the few powders I have found that doesn't give me a "powdery" look. It also covers very well and evens out redness in my cheeks. I use Tone 1 and it works wonders on my skin!

I've noticed that ELF recently added more color options for this particular product. I'm quite fair and the Tone 1 (now simply called "apricot beige") was too dark for me. There are now 3 more options, one being ivory. It's finally light enough for me. This product is certainly not the best powder out there but in a pinch it will do, and for a dollar it's not like you're losing out on a ton of money. I suggest that any fair skinned girls who tried Tone 1 initially and found it too dark might want to try purchasing one of the new color options and see if it suits their skin tone better. Also, apply it with a brush, not the puff it comes with - the color goes on yellowy/unnatural with the puff, but dusting it on with a brush works very well.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because it was cheap for a foundation (R35 in South Africa, about US$4.6). I intended to use it as a contouring powder. I am a NC 25 and I use E.L.F. Tone 2 for contouring. It's actually quite good. It doesn't break me out and has staying power and completely easily blendable.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I tried this product out for like a week in Tone 1 and 2. I am pretty tan so I thought it was kind of weird the colors were so dark. I wanted to give it enough of a chance before I wrote it off but it does look cakey and orange on my skin. I thought it didn't until I started checking my make up after a few hours of having it on or looking at pictures of myself where my face looks orange and the rest of me white. The packaging also sucks!

I am very fair and bought the "Tone 1" thinking it might be too pale. My concern was unfounded, as the shade that arrived is a very warm medium apricot.
The powder is packed hard, and looks grainy. It doesn't gather on the puff without a lot of pressure. When using a brush, most of the powder ended up on the edges of the pan, not the bristles.
Once on, it adds a definite orange cast. Put all over my face, I looked like a little girl playing with her mother's self tanner. If it was a browner tone, I'd suggest it could be used as a bronzer.
As it is, I generally only use powder on my t-zone, which is impossible with this product, as it looked like I had orange stripes on my face. I can't use it as an "emergency" powder, and I certainly wouldn't give this colour to a little girl to play with - she'd look ridiculous.
On the plus side, the price is right,and the packaging is cute and consistent with the brand's other products. It's not the most secure compact, but it's never popped open on me either.
As for the promised scent, I didn't really notice.

This was a complete waste of a dollar. I'm not sure who at E.L.F. is in charge of colors, but I'd like to talk to them about what they think fair should look like. And this has the same orange problem that the concealers have. I think I used this twice before giving up, and after the second time the minuscule amount of makeup you get had started to break up.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This pressed powder is horrible! It doesn't look natural at all, so if you are going for that cheap look, this is a must buy! Very powdery and cakey, but doesn't offer much coverage...

Recommended for Normal Skin