November 22, 2014 | 1798 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Clarifying Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by retaildrone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This was a complete waste of a dollar. I'm not sure who at E.L.F. is in charge of colors, but I'd like to talk to them about what they think fair should look like. And this has the same orange problem that the concealers have. I think I used this twice before giving up, and after the second time the minuscule amount of makeup you get had started to break up.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by breakdancexcore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This pressed powder is horrible! It doesn't look natural at all, so if you are going for that cheap look, this is a must buy! Very powdery and cakey, but doesn't offer much coverage...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2009 1:13:00 PM More reviews by michex8

I use this to cover up my redness or use as a regular foundation. It's great, and it was cheap too.

The tone was perfect too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 4:05:00 AM More reviews by bisco

The tones are indeed off, when I got mine in the mail I thought "Is this really it?" it does have an orange tint to it, and like most the products it was a very small compact. When I applied it though, it actually blended in fairly well. And I'm Casper white. I don't use a lot though, for fear of the orange tint. Plus, my revlon color stay covers plenty.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by trilla14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of my firsts powders

This is an ORANGE toned product.

It helps very well with oil control but matching colors is the difficult part
I bought the toffe color and it came out really orange (of course it was one of my first experiences using powder, I probably applied to much).

Acne-prone people should be careful when trying this product for I broke out a bit while using it thats why this would be an "emergency" product for me..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 7:25:00 AM More reviews by girlinlimbo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Before I bought this product I had read a few reviews that said it comes out a little orange on your skin. My skin is a medium tone and I ordered tone 2. I first apply the E.L.F. mineral concealer, then foundation then the sheer. After I apply that I lightly go over my face with this powder then blend. This powder is awesome because it only takes a little bit and during the summer months when my skin is a little more tan than in winter I can put on my makeup as normal, then add a little clarifying powder to darken it up and help it better match my tan skin. The final color isn't orange but I do not use a lot, I would imagine if you applied it heavy it would come out orange because it really only takes a little bit for it to show up. I will definately keep this product in my makeup bag for the summer and buy more when I run out! Works GREAT!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am using this in Tone 1 now that I have a tan...fair girls beware, this is for tanned/dark skin only! It's a decent shade though, and the texture is nice, although it can go on kinda thick if ur not careful. I use a fluffy brush to apply over the elf hydro tint (which is fab btw). It doesn't go all patchy, or emphasize dry areas like some powders can. Wish it had a bit more oil control properties, but for $1 it's darn good. Mineral oil is one of the few things that actually doesn't break me out at all, so I don't mind that it has that. Packaging sucks though. UPDATE: I just noticed on elf's website, they came out with 2 new shades. They have an ivory shade now, for those gals that couldn't use this before cuz it was too dark, now you can!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Superhen

Very good quality. I use it for touch up and does its work and disappears, no powder effect on the skin. The box looks cheap but it is not a problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2009 1:52:00 AM More reviews by piyopiyo127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is super soft, much better than i anticipated for something that's only $1!!! it's just as soft as JANE'S blushes and way better coverage and way softer than covergirl's pressed powder compacts.
it's actually a lot smaller than any compact i've ever seen before, but personally i like that as it makes it more convenient to carry around for touch ups.
my only complaint is that it doesn't come with a mirror.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by elsbett

I have a light-olive skin tone, and LOVE this powder for quick touch-ups (Tone 2 for me). First I blot with ELF's blotter sheets, then cover oily/bad spots with this powder, and I think it looks great on me. I carry this in my purse with the blotter sheets, and love it for quick touch-ups.