July 28, 2014 | 2070 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Rose Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2005 1:03:00 AM More reviews by DanielleWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I will start off by saying that I only the Bronze and (now) the Rose Shimmerbricks, so I can not compare the usefulness of this product if you own, say, the Pink Shimmerbrick. But I can honestly say, without hype or hesitation, that the Rose Shimmerbrick is quite a unique highlighter to what I already have in my collection. It imparts a rose glow to my cheeks that no other pink blush ever could on its own, and I own quite a few pink blushes. I am happy to say that I do need this, and that I love it. The Rose Shimmerbrick is beautiful, and makes me look and feel glowing, rosy, and radiant. Olive NC30.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2005 8:16:00 PM More reviews by PrincessAmina83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh product for me...I read online that DDD gals should use this over a pinkish blush. I did, and it just added a bit of sparkle to my cheeks. Like I said, this is an okay highlighter...but I perfer my Lorac Hot Flash. I will not repurchse, and I probably won't return.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2005 1:07:00 PM More reviews by trish527

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this. I have the pink shimmerbrick, and I'm glad I have both, because the rose s/b really shows up on me, while the pink one is just good for shimmer. I plan to mix this with bronzing powder in the warmer months. I also use it as eyeshadow. I think this is a really great, versatile product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2005 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this! The Pink and Beige Shimmerbricks have so little pigment and were only suitable as use for eyeshadow and subtle highlighting. I can actually use the new Rose Shimmerbrick similar to the Bronze and add some color to my fair skin! I haven't tried it as anything other than a blush yet, but for that purpose it is a winner in my book!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2005 7:47:00 PM More reviews by dixonkatharine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is what I was hoping the Pink one would be. It has the shimmer, but actually shows up on your cheeks. It is very pretty. My first shimmerbrick....I love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2005 2:20:00 PM More reviews by beautywhore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sorry to be the detractor here but I hated this and returned it. When the SA put it on me at the counter, I felt like I looked radiant and glowing. The rose colors were perfect for my PPP skin and I thought I had found my new HG.

Then I got back to the office.

I looked in the mirror in my office lighting and was horrified. Every single pore I had on my cheek was amplified like a neon light was glowing on it. What looked like the rosy flush of new love in the store looked like cheap metallic pink on my cheeks once I left.

I really, REALLY wanted to love this product. I envisioned myself swiping it across my cheeks and nose for quick touch-ups, perhaps using one of the individual colors in the brick on my eyes, I had high hopes. It totally bummed me out that it didn't work for me at all AND that it was so expensive. Fortunately, I was able to return it.

So unless you have perfect, pore-free skin, I'd be wary.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2005 5:47:00 PM More reviews by hopmom

LOVE this!!! The colors are pretty pigmented and show up nicely on my NC30 skin. I've only used this on my eyes so far, but will try it on my cheeks next. I had the brick in pink and it just wasn't enough color for me, they all seemed to look like silver shimmer. This is way better for those with a light/medium to medium and up complexions. The price is not great, but it is very versatile it's hard not to justify buying it. Highly recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2005 3:44:00 PM More reviews by a67penguin

Really beautiful rosy highlighter/blush. Actually shows up on the skin- leaves a good "flush" as well as a little understated shimmer. Expensive at $35, but... hey, that's the shimmerbrick products for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2005 8:52:00 PM More reviews by nakobear

I just got this Shimmerbrick and am *so* glad that I picked it up. When I first saw it, it didn't impress me and I asked the MA if it was that big of a difference from the Pink Shimmerbrick. She showed me how the Pink one has more of a silver shimmer whereas the Rose Shimmerbrick gave more of a Rose glow. I'm an LLL and the Pink Shimmerbrick barely showed up on me (it just added shimmer) but the Rose Shimmerbrick actually gives a rosy glow just like the Bronze Shimmerbrick gave me a bronze glow. Out of all of the Shimmerbricks I would say Bronze and Rose are my favorite because I actually get color out of them whereas the Beige and Pink are more for just shimmer IMO. The Rose Shimmerbrick looks great over the new pot rouge in Powder Pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2005 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Loveyfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful! I heard about the Rose and rushed to NM to see if they had it yet. They had just gotten it in! It is so pretty! The Rose is the best one they have come out w/ since the original Bronze, imho. Gives a lovely rosey flush to the cheeks w/ a wonderful shimmer.