Bobbi Brown Rose Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

on 3/1/2005 3:28:00 PM

About Me:

Skin Color: FFF

Undertones: Olive

Dark brown eyes and hair

After trying the Pink Shimmerbick, which shows up on me as pure silver shimmer, I decided to give the Rose one a try and I'm so glad I did. This gives you the most gorgeous pink flush in your cheeks with a slight shimmer. This is definitely less shimmery than the pink one, which is good. You can use this by itself as a blush and highlighter in one. I can see myself reaching a lot for this.

on 2/24/2005 5:15:00 AM

Hate to say it, but that one looks so awful on me, espacially on the eyes. A cheap glittery pink, that makes me in an instant
look like I stayed up all night in dubious places. A bit better on my cheeks, but here also the color is more piggy-pink than fresh and glowy. Im so disappointed, have to take it back. For reference: Brown hair, brown eyes, MAC C25

on 2/24/2005 12:28:00 AM

I love this one! The rest did nothing for me but I love this one by itself or layered atop a cream or powder blush. The bronze made me look dirty and the pink didn't show up at all. This one is what I wanted the pink to be. Update: I took off 2 lippies as I have been seeing myself in different lighting and this stuff makes my pores look huge! The shimmer is just not flattering to my normal sized pores... continued >>

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I will start off by saying that I only the Bronze and (now) the Rose Shimmerbricks, so I can not compare the usefulness of this product if you own, say, the Pink Shimmerbrick. But I can honestly say, without hype or hesitation, that the Rose Shimmerbrick is quite a unique highlighter to what I already have in my collection. It imparts a rose glow to my cheeks that no other pink blush ever could on its own, and I own quite a few pink blushes. I am happy to say that I do need this, and that I love it. The Rose Shimmerbrick is beautiful, and makes me look and feel glowing, rosy, and radiant. Olive NC30.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Meh product for me...I read online that DDD gals should use this over a pinkish blush. I did, and it just added a bit of sparkle to my cheeks. Like I said, this is an okay highlighter...but I perfer my Lorac Hot Flash. I will not repurchse, and I probably won't return.

on 2/12/2005 1:07:00 PM

I love this. I have the pink shimmerbrick, and I'm glad I have both, because the rose s/b really shows up on me, while the pink one is just good for shimmer. I plan to mix this with bronzing powder in the warmer months. I also use it as eyeshadow. I think this is a really great, versatile product.

on 2/8/2005 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this! The Pink and Beige Shimmerbricks have so little pigment and were only suitable as use for eyeshadow and subtle highlighting. I can actually use the new Rose Shimmerbrick similar to the Bronze and add some color to my fair skin! I haven't tried it as anything other than a blush yet, but for that purpose it is a winner in my book!

This is what I was hoping the Pink one would be. It has the shimmer, but actually shows up on your cheeks. It is very pretty. My first shimmerbrick....I love it!

on 2/3/2005 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Sorry to be the detractor here but I hated this and returned it. When the SA put it on me at the counter, I felt like I looked radiant and glowing. The rose colors were perfect for my PPP skin and I thought I had found my new HG.

Then I got back to the office.

I looked in the mirror in my office lighting and was horrified. Every single pore I had on my cheek was amplified like a neon light was glowing on it. What looked like the rosy flush of new love in the store looked like cheap metallic pink on my cheeks once I left.

I really, REALLY wanted to love this product. I envisioned myself swiping it across my cheeks and nose for quick touch-ups, perhaps using one of the individual colors in the brick on my eyes, I had high hopes. It totally bummed me out that it didn't work for me at all AND that it was so expensive. Fortunately, I was able to return it.

So unless you have perfect, pore-free skin, I'd be wary.

on 1/28/2005 5:47:00 PM

LOVE this!!! The colors are pretty pigmented and show up nicely on my NC30 skin. I've only used this on my eyes so far, but will try it on my cheeks next. I had the brick in pink and it just wasn't enough color for me, they all seemed to look like silver shimmer. This is way better for those with a light/medium to medium and up complexions. The price is not great, but it is very versatile it's hard not to justify buying it. Highly recommend!!