Bobbi Brown Rose Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.1

on 3/6/2005 10:50:00 PM

This is the first Shimmerbrick I have gotten. It gives me, a NW15, a nice shimmery rosy flush. It doesn't give a lot of color, its more of a highlighter than a blush. While it's pretty and I am happy I have it, it's not a must-have. It costs $35 USD which is too expensive, but it is pretty on and in the packaging.

on 3/1/2005 3:28:00 PM

About Me:

Skin Color: FFF

Undertones: Olive

Dark brown eyes and hair

After trying the Pink Shimmerbick, which shows up on me as pure silver shimmer, I decided to give the Rose one a try and I'm so glad I did. This gives you the most gorgeous pink flush in your cheeks with a slight shimmer. This is definitely less shimmery than the pink one, which is good. You can use this by itself as a blush and highlighter in one. I can see myself reaching a lot for this.

on 2/24/2005 5:15:00 AM

Hate to say it, but that one looks so awful on me, espacially on the eyes. A cheap glittery pink, that makes me in an instant
look like I stayed up all night in dubious places. A bit better on my cheeks, but here also the color is more piggy-pink than fresh and glowy. Im so disappointed, have to take it back. For reference: Brown hair, brown eyes, MAC C25

on 2/24/2005 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this one! The rest did nothing for me but I love this one by itself or layered atop a cream or powder blush. The bronze made me look dirty and the pink didn't show up at all. This one is what I wanted the pink to be. Update: I took off 2 lippies as I have been seeing myself in different lighting and this stuff makes my pores look huge! The shimmer is just not flattering to my normal sized pores... continued >>

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I will start off by saying that I only the Bronze and (now) the Rose Shimmerbricks, so I can not compare the usefulness of this product if you own, say, the Pink Shimmerbrick. But I can honestly say, without hype or hesitation, that the Rose Shimmerbrick is quite a unique highlighter to what I already have in my collection. It imparts a rose glow to my cheeks that no other pink blush ever could on its own, and I own quite a few pink blushes. I am happy to say that I do need this, and that I love it. The Rose Shimmerbrick is beautiful, and makes me look and feel glowing, rosy, and radiant. Olive NC30.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Meh product for me...I read online that DDD gals should use this over a pinkish blush. I did, and it just added a bit of sparkle to my cheeks. Like I said, this is an okay highlighter...but I perfer my Lorac Hot Flash. I will not repurchse, and I probably won't return.

on 2/12/2005 1:07:00 PM

I love this. I have the pink shimmerbrick, and I'm glad I have both, because the rose s/b really shows up on me, while the pink one is just good for shimmer. I plan to mix this with bronzing powder in the warmer months. I also use it as eyeshadow. I think this is a really great, versatile product.

on 2/8/2005 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this! The Pink and Beige Shimmerbricks have so little pigment and were only suitable as use for eyeshadow and subtle highlighting. I can actually use the new Rose Shimmerbrick similar to the Bronze and add some color to my fair skin! I haven't tried it as anything other than a blush yet, but for that purpose it is a winner in my book!

This is what I was hoping the Pink one would be. It has the shimmer, but actually shows up on your cheeks. It is very pretty. My first shimmerbrick....I love it!

on 2/3/2005 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Sorry to be the detractor here but I hated this and returned it. When the SA put it on me at the counter, I felt like I looked radiant and glowing. The rose colors were perfect for my PPP skin and I thought I had found my new HG.

Then I got back to the office.

I looked in the mirror in my office lighting and was horrified. Every single pore I had on my cheek was amplified like a neon light was glowing on it. What looked like the rosy flush of new love in the store looked like cheap metallic pink on my cheeks once I left.

I really, REALLY wanted to love this product. I envisioned myself swiping it across my cheeks and nose for quick touch-ups, perhaps using one of the individual colors in the brick on my eyes, I had high hopes. It totally bummed me out that it didn't work for me at all AND that it was so expensive. Fortunately, I was able to return it.

So unless you have perfect, pore-free skin, I'd be wary.