Biosilk Silk Therapy

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40-B, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance)Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Gamma Methyl Ionone, Citronellol, Lilial, Hydroxy Citronellol, Geraniol, Eugenol. Silk Therapy Lite: Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenyl Trimethicone,C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Fragrance (Parfum),Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, GeraniolHydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool.

on 8/7/2012 12:02:00 PM

Love the smell of this product. I always get compliments on the scent whenever I use it on my hair. However, it is a bit pricey for the amount of product you get in the bottle. Clear, silky gel/fluid that adds lots of shine to your hair. Great product.

on 8/5/2012 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

In a nutshell: Biosilk Silk Therapy does a fine job -- it does exactly what it advertises -- but keep reading if you want to understand how I use it and why I may not purchase it again when it runs out.

My sister turned me on to Biosilk Silk Therapy when she dyed my hair using a DIY at home box brand. She put it in at the end of the treatment and let my hair air dry. She also gave me about 2 oz for free with the advice to only use a little bit and that the entire bottle will last a very long time. (I think she said she had her current bottle for like 18 months or something like that.)

I've been using Biosilk Silk Therapy ever since but beware: Less is more!!!

I only use maybe 3 to 5 drops (less than a dime size) of the product. I start by freshly washed, towel blotted hair which means my hair is still damp.

Then I apply the product by rubbing it together in both hands and "praying" down my hair by starting at the ends and working my way up the mid section and never coming up more than 4 inches near my roots.

The results are soft, silky hair with a nice shine. In my case, it does not address any flyaways or frizzies.

If you use anywhere near your roots, it will suck. Your hair will appear greasy so just don't put it near your roots or like I've said before DO NOT USE a lot of it. Like maybe less than 5 drops max.

I don't like the smell of it though. The smell is also very strong and pervasive it interferes with my perfume.

While the product does it's job (as long as you follow the rule of "Less is more!!!") I probably will try something else when it runs out. My reasons are: a) the smell and b) the cost.

FWIW, I've heard that the original recipe has been changed and apparently this product is not what it used to be. Since I only started using it last year, I don't know if this is true.

on 7/31/2012 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

It's fine... But the moroccanoil is my absolute fave!! I also like the orofluido oil more than Biosilk.

on 7/25/2012 5:41:00 PM

I use this on my hair when its wet, I have long hair that is halfway down my back and this does a great job in keeping it smooth and shiny. I only need a quarter size amount for all of my hair. I am on my third bottle and I have been using this over two years now. The smell is strong at first but I find that it fades considerably once I blowdry my hair.

on 7/24/2012 6:12:00 PM

I use this product every time I wash my hair. It is great at detangling and removing flyaway strands leaving a silky texture and shine. It only takes a dime size amount of the product per use so equates the price. One vial lasts a LONG time. Even with blowdrying, my hair feels naturally soft. I would recommend to anyone with color treated hair.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great product. I have very dry, damaged hair, and it looks awful. This product completely changed it. You notice a difference right after using it! It helps hair to be silky and shiny. The only thing is, you mustn't use too much otherwise it will make your hair look oily and greasy.

on 7/15/2012 4:36:00 PM

I like this product and have been using it for a while.
It's good for dry hair and i use it a lot on my ends. It provides good shine as well.

The issue i have with it is it is quite heavy and makes your hair quite greasy and causes build up.

Great find you can often get a winners.
- nozzle sometimes gets plugged
- can cause build up (silicone product)
- adds great shine if you're using heat products
- not great frizz control
- finishes and defines a look
Over all it does what it says it will and smells pretty

on 7/11/2012 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

First of all, this stuff smells awesome! I can't describe it accurately, but I feel like it'd be one of those scents where you'd either love it or hate it. I use this product any time really; any time I feel that my hair needs a bit more moisture. So after the shower, when my hair is dry, or when I just want some extra shine. I really enjoy this.

EDIT: This smells okay now, not like how I used to view it. And it's fine for how it works on my skin, but it doesn't have long lasting effects.

on 7/4/2012 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This isn't really a holy grail for me, but it does soften my cholrine-damaged-over-dyed-hair. After I shampoo and condition, I let my hair dry a bit, and once it is at the point where it is semi wet, semi dry, I apply it and when my hair fully dries, it gets really soft ( plus it smells wonderful!) Would repurchase just cause it works, but by no means is it a miracle worker.

Top Rated Biosilk Products