August 28, 2014 | 1812 users online

Hair Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by typewriterwrites

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After a long departure from using this product, I sprung for it when I had a little extra cash. I don't know how I went so long without it. It can make your hair look and feel a little greasy if you use too much, and for me, I need to use it on damp hair but nothing I've tried so far makes my hair feel softer and look shinier. I like that it's readily available at most drug stores too. A little does go a long way, so price wise, I find it worth it for that alone because it lasts. My hair tends to get oily at the root, so I always start with the ends (damp hair as I said before) and then go to the root. After using it for two days already, I've received many compliments on how much nicer and shinier my hair looks. Love this stuff! A must have product in your arsenal!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by amandap473

LOVE this product.. its amazing. it takes away my frizz and flyaways very well. just be sure to use very little because it will make your hair greasy looking if you use too much. concentrate on your ends.. not your roots. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by UTdaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice finishing product, but I find it a little heavy for my oily, straight hair. I really prefer something a little lighter, like a spray-on dry oil to smooth my hair on frizzy days. I do like the way this smells and it feels very nice in the hands, but it's not one that I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Katherine1234

I'm using this product for now two years and I simply can't go out of the shower without putting it in my hair after. My hair is wavy, thick and dry. I believe it's better to put it on your wet hair because it absorbs the product better. When my hair dries, it's smooth, soft, shiny and there's no frizz. I can basically go out without doing nothing to my hair, no iron, no dryer. It's truely amazing ! I really don't understand the people who say that Biosilk dries out your hair because theres alcohol in it. Maybe there is, but my hair have never been that healthy. Also, a lot of my friends are complaining about their hair not growing fast, and I know it might sound funny but I used to have really short hair and since I use this product my hair have significantly grow faster than my friends hair which were longer than mine before. Maybe it's due to the fact that it repairs my ends and that i dont need to use irons anymore..whatever it is, this product works perfeclty for me and im so glad i found it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by astrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this product for years. Every once in awhile I try a different serum (CHI Silk or Moroccan Oil). Always go back to this. Rating it as a 2 on price because although the whole large bottle is about $22 it lasts forever (I have hair about 3 inches past my shoulders - lasts me about a year). Also works well as an eye makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by juicy415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this smell so greaaat!! amazingly fresh and im so enamored with the aroma that they put in! even though when i applied it to my hair, it still kinda frizzy, i dont want to put more on because it will lose the volume on my curled hair. its quite expensive for a small bottle

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Luscious1104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this serum! it smells so fresh and clean and leave my hair soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ah, love the smell of this. My grandmother used to put this in my hair every time she would brush it for me as a child. The smell of this reminds me of her and that's why I love it.(Love you grandma<3) Anyways, onto the actual product. This is literally a miracle worker for hair. If you need a quick softness & shine fix this is great. It is pretty thick, and has the consistency of thick olive oil. It applies easily and you can do it in less than 30 seconds. Afterward, it does leave a wierd oily film on your hands, but I wipe it off with a napkin. Also this stuff is pretty expensive, but you can find it for pretty cheap at JCPenney or Target. Cheap as in under $40. Otherwise, it's pretty pricey, but if you don't use this every day you'll be fine. What I do is pour a quarter size in my hands, rub my hands together and then gently run my finger (and hands) through my hair starting with the middle section, then bottoms, and whatever is left over at the top. Packaging is slim which I am satisfied with and has a cute shape. This is the best hair serum I have ever tried, and I own almost 10, just sitting around my house and purse in case I need a quick softness or shine boost.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Jacouvr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this better than Chi Silk Infusion. I've used both seperately for months on end and this one makes hair feel softer much smoother and shinier! Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by whiteaura

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am totally amazed. My brother is highly allergic to lye in concrete and we have tried everything to heal his cracked hands. Baby oil or vasoline with white gloves over hands did not work. Then by accident he got my biosilk on his hands and the next day seen improvement then after a week his hand started to heal. If it can heal his damaged manly hands then it really can repair hair.