April 17, 2014 | 1483 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Milk & Honey Body Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2008 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Possummama

Okay, I don't have much to say on the consistency, moisturizing power, price, or package-- they all appear to be fine.
What I absolutely have to comment on is what I think this smells like. I am a total freak but I swear to you that what this reminds me of is a combination of beeswax and dried tobacco. Told ya. I'm weird. But there it is nonetheless.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2008 8:23:00 PM More reviews by rkanime3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this lotion after i discovered the lip balm- i thought it'd be awesome but it turned out to be quite the opposite. i don't like the way it smells, or how watery it is, but it does the job well. not to the extent of say, body butter, which this is not, but it's handy for some quick elbow/leg lotioning when i'm at home. i would never leave my house smelling like this lotion!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2008 11:37:00 PM More reviews by candyxmandie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love this lotion! It smells amazing and mousturizes very well! It is a bit pricey for lotion, but is well worth it. Will buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2008 11:42:00 PM More reviews by BarbaraGordon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lotion is great for summer because it is very light and non-greasy. I also found that it absorbs quickly. The smell dissipates in about half an hour to an hour. The only thing I did not appreciate was how runny it was ☹ I will definitely buy another bottle again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2008 7:00:00 PM More reviews by GutterGeisha

I have to say this is the first lotion I have ever purchased that actually moisturized my skin and didn't require constant reapplying. I bought it when I was on my 'natural stuff kick' and have found it to be (pardon the pun here - it's only mildly intentional) the bee's knees.
The consistency is a bit runny and it is easy to squeeze out much more than you actually need. I have to be rather careful with it. Once it is applied to my skin, the difference is immediately noticeable. It doesn't feel gummy, waxy or too slick. It's hard to explain - my hands feel...supple?
The smell is another story. Though I don't particularly dislike it, it is definitely unique. I personally think it smells like Play - Doh (no joke), yet everyone at my job says it smells like suntan lotion. This is more of an annoyance than anything as I can only come up with so many witty retorts over the course of 8 hours that I had to quit taking it to work. I had to resort to using sub par cheapo lotion after I washed my hands, which I have to reapply often btw.
This is definitely a staple in my household now (as long as Target doesn't keep selling out of it, grrr! Walgreens charges a little more and they are my last resort - the lotion is expensive as it is already).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 8:53:00 PM More reviews by diana6

I looove the smell of this! It's also nice and light, sinks into your skin quickly, and is a lot less greasy than most other Burt's Bees products. I keep a little bottle of this in my purse for my hands. I'm not sure it would work for really super dry skin, but for everyday it's fine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

awesome! absolutely amazing!: ) love this stuff. love the smell. it's paraben and phthalate free! contains milk powder, vitamin e , honey. ect. ect. $8.99 8 fl oz. 98.25 % natural! :) great BURT'S BEES!:)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2008 4:06:00 AM More reviews by kabuali689

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I looove the smell of this lotion. It smells the best! Best of all...NO PRESERVATIVES or other crap. I used to use Jergen's Shea butter and I loved the way it smelled but it had paraben's in it and hydrogenated stuff...I just felt yucky after putting it on....but this Burt's bee's lotion smells amazing (not too intense) and it definitely moisturizes my body! My BF loves the smell. It is expensive, but you can also get it off eBay for less if you don't want to pay the $8.99.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by kellymncole

I love this stuff!! I get sooo many compliments on how nice I smell after I put it on, not to mention that it does a great job moisturizing and soaking into my skin. The only down side is that it is a bit runny, but it's mostly all natural (aside from some fragrance, which to say the least is WAY better than a lot of other lotions) so I dont mind that it is a bit runny and you sometimes get too much out of the bottle. It's ok, I just end up moisturizing more than my hands, which I should do anyway. I got my first sample size bottle in a swap and I will definitely be buying this stuff again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2008 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Rowdysmomma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I generally don't venture over to the natural skincare section of my local grocery store, but I just happened to be there the other day and noticed this lotion. I know there doesn't appear to be any peppermint in the ingredients, but to me this smells exactly like those Buttermint candies. I think it's the coconut that I can really smell, but I swear there's something minty. Whatever it is the smell is awesome. Now I have to complain about the consistency of this lotion. I find it is runny and takes a while to rub into my skin. Once it does absorb though it is just the right amount of moisture for my semi dry from tanning skin and it doesn't leave you greasy afterwards. The smell remains for a long time and I always can smell it on my pjs when I wake up in the morning. The price is a bit inflated for what you actually get, but really if I had to compare it to Body Shop lotions that are around the same price I'd rather go with this. It is definately not for super super dry skin but I'd recommend this for normal to slightly dry skin. Makes your legs look fabulous and dewy after shaving and it's a light enough scent that it probably won't interfere with most perfumes (in fact it seems to really compliment my Burberry Brit).