September 1, 2014 | 2004 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Milk & Honey Body Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2008 6:03:00 PM More reviews by xfoxglove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got this in a kit.

I really like this lotion. Milk & Honey is my favorite scent, so I love this. It's a little strong, but I'd rather that than something that doesn't smell at all.

The lotion is a little runny, but I can deal with it because it absorbs really quickly. It is great to use on the go because mine is a travel size and I don't have to wait before using my hands again. A lot of other lotions leave me feeling greasy and I wouldn't want to touch my computer, etc right after. Would be great to use in the morning if you are pressed for time.

I would buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 2:58:00 AM More reviews by emodel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this product, but I don`t. It is the smell, it is so strong and overpowering, they should `tone` it down a lot...

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by linseyp

I liked the smell when I sniffed the cap in the store but it's too strong when I put it all over me. I have crazy dry skin so I knew it probably wouldn't be enough moisture for me but I thought "what the heck, it's natural and smells good. Ugh, the smell has a subtle medicinal undertone and is way way too strong and heavy of a fragrance for me. I feel bad about tossing it, so I will finish and never buy again. I can't wait til it's all gone. Also, as anticipated, not a good enough moisturizer for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 12:29:00 AM More reviews by angieangie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I originally bought this because there was a cow on the front and I love cows, but the lotion ended up being amazing too!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2008 12:53:00 AM More reviews by cesa11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I only give it a one for the smell. For those who also dislike the smell, the Burt's Bees Aloe & Buttermilk one will solve that problem.

I just felt the smell was too overpowering and strange, especially added to the other fragrances we all use on a regular basis, it was too much.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2008 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Possummama

Okay, I don't have much to say on the consistency, moisturizing power, price, or package-- they all appear to be fine.
What I absolutely have to comment on is what I think this smells like. I am a total freak but I swear to you that what this reminds me of is a combination of beeswax and dried tobacco. Told ya. I'm weird. But there it is nonetheless.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2008 8:23:00 PM More reviews by rkanime3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this lotion after i discovered the lip balm- i thought it'd be awesome but it turned out to be quite the opposite. i don't like the way it smells, or how watery it is, but it does the job well. not to the extent of say, body butter, which this is not, but it's handy for some quick elbow/leg lotioning when i'm at home. i would never leave my house smelling like this lotion!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2008 11:37:00 PM More reviews by candyxmandie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love this lotion! It smells amazing and mousturizes very well! It is a bit pricey for lotion, but is well worth it. Will buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2008 11:42:00 PM More reviews by BarbaraGordon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lotion is great for summer because it is very light and non-greasy. I also found that it absorbs quickly. The smell dissipates in about half an hour to an hour. The only thing I did not appreciate was how runny it was ☹ I will definitely buy another bottle again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2008 7:00:00 PM More reviews by GutterGeisha

I have to say this is the first lotion I have ever purchased that actually moisturized my skin and didn't require constant reapplying. I bought it when I was on my 'natural stuff kick' and have found it to be (pardon the pun here - it's only mildly intentional) the bee's knees.
The consistency is a bit runny and it is easy to squeeze out much more than you actually need. I have to be rather careful with it. Once it is applied to my skin, the difference is immediately noticeable. It doesn't feel gummy, waxy or too slick. It's hard to explain - my hands feel...supple?
The smell is another story. Though I don't particularly dislike it, it is definitely unique. I personally think it smells like Play - Doh (no joke), yet everyone at my job says it smells like suntan lotion. This is more of an annoyance than anything as I can only come up with so many witty retorts over the course of 8 hours that I had to quit taking it to work. I had to resort to using sub par cheapo lotion after I washed my hands, which I have to reapply often btw.
This is definitely a staple in my household now (as long as Target doesn't keep selling out of it, grrr! Walgreens charges a little more and they are my last resort - the lotion is expensive as it is already).