The Body Shop Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Coco-Glucoside, Carbomer, Algae Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 6/6/2009 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This particular product from The Body Shop has served me well over the years. It's reasonably effective in removing eye makeup including waterproof/smudge-proof/long-wearing eye products and leaves a somewhat soothing sensation after every usage. When any residue does get into my eyes, I find that it does not cause irritation.
However, I have experienced a mild burning sensation on rare accounts - I take it that my skin was extra-sensitive at the time. If you have sensitive skin, I would recommend that you give this product a try before purchasing it.
Overall, I would consider this Body Shop product to be a staple in my beauty regime.

*UPDATE: I no longer classify this as a must-have since discovering a better substitution that is olive oil.

---

For reference, I'm NC35-41 in MAC and Warm Natural (4.5) in Bobbi Brown. I have dry-sensitive skin during the cooler months and a combination of normal to oily skin during the warmer months. My skin suffers from hormonal acne on a regular basis, as well as eczema on occasions.

on 4/20/2009 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this during a sale whereby they got this in travel sized (60ml) & its 5 for S$10.00

As a eye make up remover, its really stings & doesnt get the my max factor mascara
BUT it removes my two way powder pretty well & its non oily. so i', using it as a normal makeup remover instead of eye makeup remover

Yes it did remove makeup well but it stung my eyes a little. Its cheap and in a big bottle but I wont be repurchasing, I've found better alternatives already. Simple, Nivea and L'oreal.

on 4/16/2009 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I got this for $7 on sale from the website, so for $7 I think it is actually worth it - maybe not for the $14 it is normally.

It works pretty well without leaving the usual greasy sheen. It removes makeup surprisingly well for not being a biphasic remover and it doesn't sting the eyes at all. Unfortunately it isn't as good at removing waterproof eye makeup, as others have mentioned. I may end up switching to this makeup remover completely, as they no longer make my HG makeup remover, Ponds Bare & Repair, and they don't make the L'Oreal biphasic remover in the States. Definitely works much better than the Neutrogena biphasic or L'Oreal gentle eye makeup removers.

on 4/13/2009 2:34:00 AM

overall, this is an ok eye makeup remover. i like the fact that it is non-oily; however, it is not very good at taking off the eye makeup. i have to use many q-tips to take off my makeup completely. it's annoying when you're in a hurry.

on 2/2/2009 4:53:00 PM

I really like this stuff! I used to use a make-up remover from loreal. It really hurt my eye and i would still have mascara underneath my eye in the morning! But this product dousn't sting and gets al of my mascara off. I'm def. gonna buy this again!

on 1/20/2009 9:19:00 PM

After a recent liquid eyeliner debaucle (Wet N Wild WP liquid eyeliner), I didn't know which product to blame, so I'm blaming both the eyeliner AND the remover, which was this one. Basically, I put the eyeliner on Friday and after using this stuff dutifully, I was STILL getting flake-off on the following TUESDAY. I was caught off guard without my regular remover (Lancome Bi-Facil) and this dinky stuff was about as useful as my own spit.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is really cool- It's not oily, it's very gentle on my super sensitive skin, and it really does take off my eyemake-up remover, simple as that.. It even took off my liquid liner and many coats of mascara.

I recommend this for anyone with sensitive skin like mine and those who don't want an oil-based make-up remover.

on 12/14/2008 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The product is a good one yet it really stings. I never had a problem before but I really do not look forward to take off my makeup with this product. I need to look for something else when it finishes.

on 11/19/2008 2:44:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

even if very careful and not even using wp mascara, this still manages to take multiple lashes with it. :(