October 20, 2014 | 1973 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2009 2:40:00 AM More reviews by eggiechan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this for $7 on sale from the website, so for $7 I think it is actually worth it - maybe not for the $14 it is normally.

It works pretty well without leaving the usual greasy sheen. It removes makeup surprisingly well for not being a biphasic remover and it doesn't sting the eyes at all. Unfortunately it isn't as good at removing waterproof eye makeup, as others have mentioned. I may end up switching to this makeup remover completely, as they no longer make my HG makeup remover, Ponds Bare & Repair, and they don't make the L'Oreal biphasic remover in the States. Definitely works much better than the Neutrogena biphasic or L'Oreal gentle eye makeup removers.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by koolchic101

overall, this is an ok eye makeup remover. i like the fact that it is non-oily; however, it is not very good at taking off the eye makeup. i have to use many q-tips to take off my makeup completely. it's annoying when you're in a hurry.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Kittemans

I really like this stuff! I used to use a make-up remover from loreal. It really hurt my eye and i would still have mascara underneath my eye in the morning! But this product dousn't sting and gets al of my mascara off. I'm def. gonna buy this again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by BothCoasts

After a recent liquid eyeliner debaucle (Wet N Wild WP liquid eyeliner), I didn't know which product to blame, so I'm blaming both the eyeliner AND the remover, which was this one. Basically, I put the eyeliner on Friday and after using this stuff dutifully, I was STILL getting flake-off on the following TUESDAY. I was caught off guard without my regular remover (Lancome Bi-Facil) and this dinky stuff was about as useful as my own spit.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by theburlesqueshow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really cool- It's not oily, it's very gentle on my super sensitive skin, and it really does take off my eyemake-up remover, simple as that.. It even took off my liquid liner and many coats of mascara.

I recommend this for anyone with sensitive skin like mine and those who don't want an oil-based make-up remover.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2008 1:25:00 PM More reviews by QueenofEagles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The product is a good one yet it really stings. I never had a problem before but I really do not look forward to take off my makeup with this product. I need to look for something else when it finishes.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2008 2:44:00 AM More reviews by RedheadDior

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

even if very careful and not even using wp mascara, this still manages to take multiple lashes with it. :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 11:16:00 PM More reviews by shamuball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

the skin around my eyes reacted to this product by turning red and irritated, so i returned it to the store. the SA was surprised i had a reaction, since chamomile is supposed to be so gentle, but my skin seems to be on the sensitive side.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2008 2:55:00 AM More reviews by MissAmbie

I love this stuff. When I worked at the Body Shop I stocked up big time. It's amazing, it takes everything off!! I swear by it and don't even use my lancome bi-facile anymore. It's best not to put this stuff in your eye but on the eyelid and rub it around to loosen up the makeup and then swipe it off. It's my all time fave. It's NEVER stung for me, so go figure....

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by eat245

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My stepmom has used this stuff for years and she swears by it, but it just doesn't work for me. It makes my eyes sting something awful! Yeah, it works OK to take off eye makeup, but I can find something else that will do that without stinging. However, my stepmom was really surprised that it stung for me, it's never done that for her and is a great, gentle remover for her contacts and her heavy eye makeup. I think that some people just don't react well to the chamomile. Too bad, because it's otherwise a good product.