October 25, 2014 | 1378 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 3:02:00 AM More reviews by juicyluvr75

i loooove ACV! i bought this to use on my hair after reading about it on MUA. i was very skeptical since my hair just doesn't get shiny! Once i took a whiff of the scent i was even more hesitant to use it since it smells like dirty socks and sweat and bad milk and apple juice! But i took a risk and i was so surprised! I mixed 1 parts ACV with 3 parts water and put it in a water bottle and then drenched my hair with it after shampooing. I left it on for maybe 3 minutes and then rinsed it out and put on some conditioner since i've heard it can be drying. Even as i was rinsing it out of my hair, i felt a difference. My hair felt much smoother! The ACV scent doesn't go away until your hair is completely dry and even so it lingers for a bit but i don't care since my hair is practically reflective! I've been using this once a week for a month or two and it's been great.

***WARNING DO NOT GET THIS IN YOUR EYES OR YOUR MOUTH. IT STINGS LIKE HELL IN THE EYES AND TASTES GROSS AS WELL.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by prat22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this for all the rave reviews its gotten. Right when i got it I made a rinse with 1 part ACV + 3 parts water. And also a toner w/ 1 part ACV + 4 parts water + 5-10 drops of lemon essential oil.
First of all, as a toner, I dunno if its the "purging" effect or my skin is too sensitive, but i broke out right afterwards. It could also be the lemon essential oil, but i'm not willing to experiment again with that.
As a conditioner it works GREAT. Right after i shampoo i just rinse my hair with this and leave it in for a few minutes and rinse it out with COLD water afterwards. My hair seems just as smooth and even shinier than any conditioner i've used so I figured why put all those chemicals in your hair when i can just use this? I've been using it for about 4 days a week and no complaints. Just be careful to keep it away from your scalp, it might cause a reaction if you get it on your forehead.

Tip: to counteract the strong vinegar smell, you can add lavender and rosemary essential oils to this also. For half a cup of apple cider vinegar, i added 2 cups of water and 10-15 drops (your preference) of each rosemary oil and lavender oil. I did a little research, and these two oils are great for hair growth, preventing hair loss and dandruff.
You can also use tea tree and sage if you want.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by myjoyfullife20

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It has been a few days since I started using Bragg's and it has been very effective in calming and clearing up a recent acne flareup from my bad bout with OCM. Let me tell you, my face HURT, the pimples were incredibly painful, but after just one day applying the ACV straight (did not dilute), the redness went down and my face felt so much better. It does smell, but it will go away after a while. Since it is a bit drying, I have started to dilute it with a little bit of water and a drop or two of lavender oil. Highly recommended!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As for me, I am not having acne, just some small hormonal bumps, or allergic reaction after some make-up products that contain bismuth or sulfates... However, after I started using ACV, I have been 100% clear, my skin looks really clear, pores are very small and invisible. I can't be happier, wish I knew about ACV years ago!
The only problem, can not be used too often, otherwise it will be too drying, might get flaky spots.
------------------------------------
I know some people drink it too, as it has many health benefits, but for me I am having light stomach aches, even if I mix it with lots of water. I was also reading it might be bad for liver, so have to take carefully, not on empty stomach for sure. Plus, it might stain teeth and demage enamel, so I would suggest using a straw (so that ACV does not touch your teeth).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Morgan40ish

This makes an amazing hair rinse. Make a solution of half Braggs and half water. Coat your hair and let it sit for a few minutes while in the shower. Rinse and you will have really shiny hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 8:25:00 AM More reviews by ummatofa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow... Just wow. I've been using apple cider vinegar, not braggs though coz I don't think we have it here in my country. Been using it for 3 weeks and my skin has never looked better. My acne have dried out, my acne scars are lightening up. Try this pls esp if u have acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by kateb18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not positive but I think this might be giving me cystic acne along my hairline and jaw where I have been using it. I've never had hard, painful lumps (just small pimples) in that area and now I do. I'm going to keep using it for a little while and update but as of right now I'm unimpressed. Disappointed :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just buy a bottle!!

You are bound to find something to do with this multi-purpose bottle of magic. I use it as dandruff controlling product (1 part ACV + 1 part distilled water), I use it as a face toner (1 part ACV + 1 part distilled water), I also use it with my Aztec Indian clay mask (freaking amazing!!) and I drink a couple of tablespoons every morning to energize my body and push toxins/impurities out. And of course, you can cook with it.

Can't go wrong with ACV! Buy some and have fun with it. Just make sure it's organic and unfiltered :)

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by TaniitaTania

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use braggs apple cider vinegar on my aztec indian healing clay for a clay mask and i do notice it helps my skin tremendously,., i have oily acne prone skin but i'm glad my skin is getting better each yr.,. two yrs ago i had moderate acne ,last yr i had mild acne,., and this yr i have light acne,., i get those little whiteheads and gosh they are so stubborn to get rid off , i first heard of Apple Cider Vinegar in youtube and i also read positive reviews and i wanted to try it out ,.,i was a little hesitated to use ACV at first because i thought it was going to burn my skin but i got brave and used it on my clay mask , the clay mask work even better with the ACV , then i tried this home remedy natural skin toner where you buy this little spray bottle (you can buy any drugstore) and you put half Green tea and half ACV , spray it on your skin ,.,and it actually makes my skin really soft but i barley used it a couple of weeks ago but i have seen improvement on my red marks, also noticed my skin less oily which is awesome because the less oil the less breakouts .,even though the smell stinks you do get use to it . I Only Use it at Night ,.., Don't use it in the Morning because the ACV is acidic just like Lemon ,Lime ,or Orange and if you step out in the sun it will actually aggravate your acne even Worse! so please just use it at night , I feel like its helping me and i will keep updating to see if it helps me even more as the days go by , Overall i recommend this product :)

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by rizztrainer

This is the first time I'm going to do a review about a beauty product. okay ACV craze.. I have a combi skin. Only my T zone tends to be oily. I had smooth skin generally most of my life, but then, I used a certain product that kinda changed the PH of my skin then I started breaking out. Like 3 zits on my nose, 1 on my chin. I changed my make up ( even though I've been using that specific brand for like almost 2 years) then got worse.. Got few zits both cheeks like 2 on the right then 1 on the left. And I was so damn scared that it might get worse. Im not suppose to get them, now that I'm 26?! and it did get unstable. So.. after experimenting for 4 months I've read about ACV on the net. I know the common answers that gals would like to see for reviews. So I'm going to do an outline.. What to expect:
Bragg's ACV with the mother- started with 1/4 ACV and the rest purified water. Used this as a toner, 2x a day. Before sleeping and right after waking up then let it stay for 30 min then wash it away, apply moisturizer with SPF, then make up. also driking 1tsp ACV+ 8-10 OZ water pus 1 tsp honey 2-3x a day.
1st-2nd day= Smooth skin, brighter, more toned, definitely less oily.
3rd-4th = brought 2 pimps to puss, not painful at all.
end of 1st wk= definitely saw a diff. Lighter post-acne marks but 3 new zits. (note: detoxification makes you purge. please dont expect your skin to be clear at once. specially if you've been eating nasty stuff. I should now, Im a nurse)
2nd wk= the glow is still there. getting impatient now because I'm still purging. 3 new zits for this wk but dried out after 3 days. literally beacuse im doing the spot tx. straight ACV just for spot tx. Also I'm PMSing.
3rd wk= still not oily, just the right moisture i need.post- acne mark less visible. tiny bumps seen. These tiny bumps are actually whitehead/blackheads trying to pop out. I do have my period this wk.

Im keeping my fingers crossed that this will work out for me and bring back the old me..*sigh*. NOTE:ACV is trying to balance skin PH, meaning for those who have oily skin, it will make you less oily. So once you feel that you have balanced you're skin's PH, do not, i tell you, do not increase ACV's strength you use in your toner. you might want to decrease it as time pass by just to maintain the right balance (so as not to over dry). Since most comments I see, the longer they use it, their skin is left with less moisture.

I've read that you must give the product at least a month to see its effect, so 1-2 more weeks then I'll adjust my ACV to 50:50 strength. Just remember that detox is a process where the body eliminates the bad stuff that is inside. SO it really does undergo a process. Hope this review helps.(^^)

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No