July 30, 2014 | 2060 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by rizztrainer

This is the first time I'm going to do a review about a beauty product. okay ACV craze.. I have a combi skin. Only my T zone tends to be oily. I had smooth skin generally most of my life, but then, I used a certain product that kinda changed the PH of my skin then I started breaking out. Like 3 zits on my nose, 1 on my chin. I changed my make up ( even though I've been using that specific brand for like almost 2 years) then got worse.. Got few zits both cheeks like 2 on the right then 1 on the left. And I was so damn scared that it might get worse. Im not suppose to get them, now that I'm 26?! and it did get unstable. So.. after experimenting for 4 months I've read about ACV on the net. I know the common answers that gals would like to see for reviews. So I'm going to do an outline.. What to expect:
Bragg's ACV with the mother- started with 1/4 ACV and the rest purified water. Used this as a toner, 2x a day. Before sleeping and right after waking up then let it stay for 30 min then wash it away, apply moisturizer with SPF, then make up. also driking 1tsp ACV+ 8-10 OZ water pus 1 tsp honey 2-3x a day.
1st-2nd day= Smooth skin, brighter, more toned, definitely less oily.
3rd-4th = brought 2 pimps to puss, not painful at all.
end of 1st wk= definitely saw a diff. Lighter post-acne marks but 3 new zits. (note: detoxification makes you purge. please dont expect your skin to be clear at once. specially if you've been eating nasty stuff. I should now, Im a nurse)
2nd wk= the glow is still there. getting impatient now because I'm still purging. 3 new zits for this wk but dried out after 3 days. literally beacuse im doing the spot tx. straight ACV just for spot tx. Also I'm PMSing.
3rd wk= still not oily, just the right moisture i need.post- acne mark less visible. tiny bumps seen. These tiny bumps are actually whitehead/blackheads trying to pop out. I do have my period this wk.

Im keeping my fingers crossed that this will work out for me and bring back the old me..*sigh*. NOTE:ACV is trying to balance skin PH, meaning for those who have oily skin, it will make you less oily. So once you feel that you have balanced you're skin's PH, do not, i tell you, do not increase ACV's strength you use in your toner. you might want to decrease it as time pass by just to maintain the right balance (so as not to over dry). Since most comments I see, the longer they use it, their skin is left with less moisture.

I've read that you must give the product at least a month to see its effect, so 1-2 more weeks then I'll adjust my ACV to 50:50 strength. Just remember that detox is a process where the body eliminates the bad stuff that is inside. SO it really does undergo a process. Hope this review helps.(^^)

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by teknologik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have extraordinarily sensitive skin

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by sylivabz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I put some acv in a pot of water and pour it over my head before I shampoo, then once I'm done with conditioning as a final rinse. It just makes your hair feel and look so much better. It does something to the ph of the water that is better for your hair. Plus it makes your hair shinier.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by dweebyhawkeyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As a vegan I've always had a bottle of Bragg's. Seriously, we all do; it's instrumental in baking happy fluffy cupcakes. Anyway, a year ago I had heard that raw ACV clears acne (I think through this video:

) and so followed her recipe. It's a good video; I re-watched it and she tells you the science of why ACV works so well. It worked very well for me, my acne was down maybe 20% in the following week.

Since then, my homemade mask is packed with other goodies I've heard about and I am now sooo close to perfect clear skin it's ridiculous. I'm almost 19 and haven't had clear skin since age 10 mind you. Here's my tweaked and much loved mask: crushed aspirin dissolved into very strong green tea, stir in raw honey from a friend's hive when it's all still hot, add some Bragg's, and then add white sugar until the mix is a runny paste. I make my mask once a week and use it every night. The sugar will fall to the bottom, so stir it all together with a spoon, use the back of the spoon to apply the mask to a clean face, hang out for ten minutes, then as you wash off the mask massage it gently like a scrub. Moisturize afterward.

I really want to share this recipe in hopes it works just as well for someone else. :] You don't need all the fancy expensive products. I tried Proactiv, prescriptions, etc and they only hurt my face and my wallet. Good luck!

16 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this on my face, straight up (not recommended for sensitive skin), I drink a teaspoon full each morning, I mix it into clay masks, I spot apply on emerging zits, I create "health tonic drinks" with it, I put it in my salads. The healthful effects are plenty: my skin loves it and I think it's helping with weight loss, too. Plus I genuinely love the taste, even undiluted. What's not to love??!!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by whiteprincess

I'd admit i was skeptical. There was no way that something topical can yield such fast results. I'm more of the Accutane/Tretinoin camp. But I finally gave in, and tried on a painful zit coming up on the side of my nose. I put it neat on a Q-tip, held in there while smoothing it over the entire side of my nose.

HOLY COW! My blackheads literally melted away. I'm not even kidding. It was gone, gone gone. I kept checking my nose to make sure I was not imagining things. Yup, gone. I think I left it on for too long, too neat, but some parts of the skin turned whitish, like a burn, and really red! I panicked, quickly washed it off with water and soap. It stayed red for an hour or so and quickly went away.. So lesson learnt, don't put it on neat for more than a minute! Also something weird I saw while holding the Q-tip in place: small whiteheads started to form. These were easily washed away later. My pores look super clean. I can't wait to try it on the other side of my nose!

*UPDATE: The zit on the side of my nose is literally gone by Day2. And I know my skin - that zit was gonna be painful and be full of pus before it goes down. Now, you couldn't even tell anything was there before. I'm still skeptical, but damn. NO WAY! I'm also drinking 4 tablespoons a day with a tall glass of water and making everyone in my family drink it.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Tukijan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Black

To prevent damaging your teeth enamel after drinking ACV, mix water with baking soda and swish it in ur mouth to neutralize the acidity.

17 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by princesssaras

So far I've only used it for a few days, but so far so good! I mix it with 3 parts filtered water, I didn't have distilled water on hand and then I placed the mixture in the fridge. Every night after cleansing my skin - I've been applying this mixture to my face with a cotton ball and it works great - it feels nice and cool and hasn't made me break out. I'll continue to use it and see what difference it makes. So far, skin feels fresher and cleaner.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 8:35:00 AM More reviews by cali212

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just wanted to add one thing for those of you who have used this on your skin and/or drank it without results on your acne/breakouts. Here is another way to try it:

I had a SEVERE sinus infection and read on earthclinic.com about using Bragg's ACV (cannot be any other brand as Bragg's has "The Mother" in it.) (Bits of fermented apples -- be sure to shake well before each use as the bits settle to the bottom and the bits are what you want in each use.)

I was told to boil 1/2 c of Bragg's on the stove, then lean over the pot in the sink with a towel over my head to get the steam only on my face. Breathe in the vapors slowly. DO NOT open your eyes or your mouth. Beware -- you will start hacking and coughing. The vapors are very strong. This is good -- just spit or blow and then go back. Do it for as long as you can. (at least 5 mins.)

I did this for 3 days and cured my sinus infection that I had had for over a month and which did not respond to antibiotics. I was sold because I had been very miserable.

A few weeks later I realized that I had had no breakouts in the past few weeks. I thought oh my gosh I can't believe my skin is so clear. Now, I was also drinking Bragg's for my sore throats (heat up and mix with water, honey, and cayenne pepper). But I believe that the vapors really helped my skin.

One more thing: Give up dairy for 2 weeks or so and see if that makes a difference. I love dairy but it's been bad for my skin and really bad for my sinuses.

Good luck!

21 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by musicchick00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hesitate to use the word "miraculous," but WOW. I'm 31 and have struggled with cystic acne since I hit puberty. I've been on every prescription, cream, pill, you name it, I've tried it. Until this moment, the only thing that helped my cysts was being on Spironolactone for years, which, though it completely cleared me, I hated being on a strong medication for that long. Since getting off spiro, my face has looked like a pizza. I just held a compress on a cyst I've had for weeks, and within literally a minute, it opened up all four affected pores and the nasty stuff came out. I've had this zit shot up twice with cortizone, and even that didn't phase it. Now, about 10 minutes later, the cyst is almost flat and pale pink, as opposed to bright red. I'm...speechless really. And annoyed at the thousands I've spent on prescriptions when this worked SO well for a few dollars.

17 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No