BeneFit Cosmetics Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

3.7

Benefit makes some interesting products.
Play sticks are very expensive in my opinion. I only use MAC foundation. The play sticks give remarkable coverage, I love the way I can blend it in. Sadly I can only use the Benefit concealer with the Play sticks. It just doesnt work well with any other concealter. It doesnt feel cakey.

ONLY downside that even with a primer or a matte cream underneath it still goes oily within three hours. I tend to wear on those days where my skin is just a mess! Its the only thing that gives me enough coverage when nothing else will work.

I used this..2 years ago? And I loved it. I loved it so much I can't believe I stopped using it! It made my skin look flawless (I only used Benefit makeup for about 6 months and my skin and eyes look model-gorgeous in all the pictures I took).
For some reason, I stopped using it..then I found it about a year later and threw it away because of how old it was..But I'll probably buy it again when I run out of my Estee Lauder DoubleWear Light foundation (which I also love..I have MUFE F&B, Shiseido Powder Fdtn. and the Estee Lauder...all fantastic fdtns)
I fully recommend this for combo skins. I used the shade Jax, which was a little pale for me..also if you have dry patches, apply with your fingertips, don't rub the stick on your face...the finger method works better than the stick anyway.;

on 9/30/2008 4:42:00 AM

i've been using play sticks for almost for 4 years now and can't think of a day without it. I use the shade "spin the bottle" and it gives the perfect coverage. I use it as a concealer though. Never on my forehead or nose or chin since it tends to make your skin oily after a while. Just to cover some acne scars and you're good to go.

ps: never caused any breakouts.

I use it as my concealer, for some unknown reason I just don't quite like it as a foundation all over my face (please don't ask me why, I simply don't like how it looks all over my face), but it works really well as a concealer, it covers really well, the trick is, DO NOT spread it, the moment you try to spread it, it doesn't conceal anything anymore, but it stays on nicely if you dot enough on the area you want to conceal, and it stays on until you remove your makeup, and it doesn't look unnatural, it really does a nice job. Well, it gets a bit dry when I try to conceal my dark under eye circle though. But overall I am really pleased with this thing.

Choosing the right color is tricky, I had to choose the lightest shade, which is a great match as a concealer, but maybe a bit too pale as an overall foundation, it's not exactly cheap, but maybe because I only use it as a concealer, it lasts really long, it's been almost a year now, and I still have plenty left. Also, the lavender smell is really nice, I can smell it everytime I apply it.

This stick is a little heavy wearing and can start to feel a bit sticky after a couple of hours although the coverage is relatively good and it made my skin tone look alot more even It thoroughly hid all my blemishes aswell. I'd recommend this product although not for everyday use or for people with very sensitive skin.

on 8/11/2008 10:04:00 AM

fantastic coverage! if only it lasted longer! i must admit it is very oily and it causes it to slide off your face a few hours later! i was so happy with this when i first got it, after i purcashed the third stick i started to get fed up of it sliding off my face as i need total cover up, so i no longer buy this product as i need to concentrate on helping my troublesome skin instead of covering it up in 'heavy industrial strength foundation' as my boyfriend called it , and its what it felt like on my skin!

on 7/16/2008 6:09:00 PM

First I thought I like this foundation stick for the first few days and it looked beautiful on the skin, but after while it created more oily on T-zone and very easy to come off that doesn't last long. This foundation is more likely concealer than the foundation itself and it's very oily. Not good to use it for warm/humid weather. I would not buy this again and I also would NOT recommend to anyone who has oily skin even prone acne.

i adore this product very much. everyone says its oily, but when i put it on, i just streak it wherever i need it, and use the triangle sponge, damp it in water and it doesnt make my face oily at all. i like this product cause it does do well on coverage. i'd buy it again most def!

on 7/7/2008 11:35:00 PM

MY HG. i can't say enough about this product! first of all the coverage in beyond amazing, full coverage without looking it. my face looks flawless without looking like i have a mask on. the smell of tea tree oil is wonderful and very clean smelling and doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin. my skin is also very dry but i put on a good moisturizer before i put 3 stripes and 2 dots on my face (stripe on my forehead, and each cheek, then a dot on my nose and chin) then blend with my fingers for a flawless look. i think if you don't put too much product on you will have no problem with oil. this product is so creamy and easy to blend you need very little. also it looks great in photos! i use paper dolls which seems like it would be too dark for my skin but it blends flawlessly.

UPDATE, knocking one star off because it isn't that long lasting so you might have to touch up. still love it
my only con is the $32 pricetag. now i've spent way more on foundation and this is completely worth it but i feel like this should be cheaper than their liquid foundation which is only $30.

my only suggestion is to get matched with this at a benefit counter or sephora because the lighter shades are all very similar but with different base tones and are misleading with their descriptions.

on 6/20/2008 7:51:00 PM

Wow. This foundation is actually a god send for me. I have many red patches and other discolourations on my face and this just covers it all up. Most of all, A VERY LITTLE GOES A LONG, LONG WAY, just swipe it on and blend and it goes everywhere. I think most people think its very oily because if used in access it does make a 'layer' effect and becomes very thick, but generally, this goes over EVERYTHING. I use Jax, the lightest shade, and it is wonderful! My mum also uses it and she has very patchy skin and rosasia, and this covers it too! It's wonderful! It's not really that expensive at all considering how much you have to use per application!