October 25, 2014 | 1690 users online

Skincare - Face - Philosophy - Help Me

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2008 4:39:00 AM More reviews by doggy

When I first used this product it was all over my face. My cheeks were so flaky & nothing I did changed it. I tried using it a few times a week & just a pea sized amount & trying to work my way up to using more to no avail. I finally decided to just use it on my forehead only, since my forehead never flaked. Wow, what a difference it has made for the fine lines on my forehead! The fine horizontal wrinkles across are diminishied greatly & the pesky number 11 lines I had developed between my eyebrows have softened dramatically. This stuff is great for fine lines! I read somewhere that retinol products are really good at correcting fine lines & preventing future wrinkles & I'm a believer with this product. It would get a 5 if I could use it all over my face without irritation but maybe that's true of most retinoids & I'm just taking it out on this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2008 8:15:00 PM More reviews by jmorocco

I've been using this creme for roughly 3 weeks now and I must say I'm impressed with the good response my skin has had from its use. It feels smoother and the wrinkles and lines I have have softened a bit. I still get monthly acne around my chin but the Save Me creme quickly cleared it up in a few days.
The first week of use I got some dry patches on my checks that began to worry me. I was using the creme on its own without anything else and I really did need some moisture to help with the drying affect. Now with a moisture creme its just fine. I really like the packaging and it has no terrible smell.
I'll report back in a month or so. For the quantity and quality the price is quite good in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by smurferella

I keep forgetting how much this stuff helps my skin. When I run out, I try something else and then when I go back, I am always amazed by how much better I can be. Why can't I learn? This is a miracle worker for my face. It helps even out marks and fine lines and seems to help reduce breakouts as well. I don't hate the metal tube, but I do have to mutilate it to get the last bit of product out. I use it every night for the first week to get things going, then back off to every other night. Use a sunscreen though because it certainly makes you more sensitive.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2008 1:48:00 AM More reviews by jillmoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have uneven skin tone and some dark spots from blemish. This product works for my dark spots which become lighter after two week usage. The one thing is that I see some black-head when I wake up in the moring. But it's no biggie for me so far cause it's gone after I wash my face. I don't see any difference for fine lines since I barely have any. It is a pricey product. But I think it is worth it cause this is the only product that works on my blemish scars.

update: I've been using it religiously for about 2 months now. My skin is clearer with less blemish. Dark spots are fading away. I have some glow. ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2008 6:54:00 PM More reviews by jogun11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Update: Alpha Hydrox Retinol ResQ is EXACTLY the same as Help Me! Neotericcosmetics.com runs specials all the time..I got mine for $5...at the most it costs $15! Some drugstores also have it...I love Philosphy but I save a ton on this product!!!I have been using the Philosphy makeup optional skincare set (5 pieces) for at least 5 yrs. My skin has never looked better. I'm 47 and people think I look much younger. I was using Philosophy Booster Serum and I loved it. I have recently added Help Me to my regime. People were actually commenting on my skin that it looks so great..what do i use, etc. I thought that my skin has looked more clear and bright and even. My fine lines are definitely fading too. I have already purchased another tube so that I will never be without it. FYI...My signature scent for the past couple of years has been Amazing Grace from Philosophy. Almost every day someone comments that i smell really nice. I have resorted to some of the great dupe makers though because the real AG has lost its staying power. The effect is the same...it makes me and those around me feel happy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 10:06:00 AM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ive only been using this for 4 days, but I can already tell its working. The thing with retinol products is that it will bring up all the bad things caught in your pores when you first use it. And so there were spots on my skin, prior to using this, that were congested and had some pimples under the skin. After using this, those places are now releasing their nastiness. this is a good thing though! I want my skin to be clear of it all. Another good thing is that I have not had any pimples show up anywhere else, and the non-broken out areas look great so far. Also - Ive used retin A cream and gel, and by day 4 I would have been a red, flaky mess. But this time Im not. Sure, this is much weaker than those Rx products, but sometimes stronger isnt always better, especially on my fragile skin. I had slight flaking but only around spots where I had a pimple. And even then, a little rubbing got rid of it. with retin A gel I had massive flaking all around my mouth and jaw, it was so bad. any rubbing off of flakes would have caused major raw areas.This retinol is also time-released with the same microsponge technology that retin a micro uses. that means as soon as you put it on, you're not inundating your skin with all this retinol at once, which can cause the irritation. I like that idea that its constantly working while I sleep. I read somewhere that there is 0.15% retinol in this, but I cant remember where. It doesnt smell bad, or sting when you put it on. It comes in a white metal 1.05oz tube, with a seal you have to puncture with the cap. very retro. I paid $45, and if I continue to get great results, I would def. repurchase. I will update in a few weeks. Oh, Im also using this with Purity cleanser, A pigment of your imagination SPF 18, and the microdelivery/peel. They all seem to be working nicely together. ****** 03/17/08***** OK so it hasnt been a few weeks but I want to update. so I think I am purging from this stuff. Im really acne prone, and when I started this I had a lot of clogs and junk under the surface. So my skin doesnt look that great right now :( But I have faith, so Im going to stick with it at least to the end of the tube! And my breakouts arent in new places, otherwise Id be really concerned. I sure hope this stuff works. I'll be heartbroken if it doesnt. But so far the skin under my eyes looks improved! more elastic, less crepey-ness, minimized fine lines. Ive noticed less blackheads on my nose, although no difference in pore size on my nose. will update more later, fingers crossed! (differin helped my acne, but isnt for anti-aging, and retin A was WAY too strong for my skin so I need this to be my happy medium.....)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2008 12:23:00 PM More reviews by kimxredxhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had acne as a teenager and the only thing that worked for me was retin-a. Being in my mid twenties now and apparently reliving my teenage years, I wanted to try something OTC before I sank my time and money into the derm and prescriptions. Retin-a is lovely, but you have to get through the dry skin before you get to the nice skin, a transformation that could take months.

Ive tried a few things, mainly philo, and they all took the edge off, but my acne didnt exactly go away. As I looked over the Philo stuff and my local Sephora, the skin expert had suggested Help Me as an alternative to retin-a. She had a few almost gone zits on her face, so it was believable when she said she much preferred this over retin-a.

I bought the tube and Ive been using it for almost 2 weeks now. I can see a major difference in my pores, breakouts, and overall texture on my skin. Ive been using it every other night to ensure my skin doesnt dry out, but I think I may step it up to everynight until my face is totally clear.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2008 11:14:00 AM More reviews by N_harrison7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I probably would have liked this product more if I wouldn't have tried the Save ME first, because when I switched to this the glow dissapeared! This also makes me a little oily and the texture of my skin was a little less smooth, but that could be the product working deep to bring things to the surface though. I will DEFINITELY say that Save ME is a better product for my skin which is acne-prone and a bit oily at times. Help Me is like the Save Me without the extra glow goods (antioxidants, peptides..etc.), which may explain the price difference. They say that save me is for Mature Mid life skin, but I dissagree..its for anyone that wants healthy, glowing, firm skin. This had much better reviews for some reason, but i'm returning it and getting my beloved Save Me again lol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 8:28:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

I love this stuff. I think it is better than Save Me and the pkg is better. But I have started using Roc retinol . It is just as good and a fraction of the price. I have heard they are discontinuing this stuff. It does not shrink pore size, that is impossible for any item, just ask your Derm.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2007 11:45:00 PM More reviews by fantastische

It says on the outer packaging that it is not possible to "shrink" pores but it is possible to shed your pore walls. I think it really follows through on that account. I notice when I wake up in the morning after a thorough application that my skin looks really good. It slowly but surely fades discolorations (even the ones caused by my hormones, but it couldn't make them completely go away). I don't think I look that old yet, but it does also work on the fine lines. I bought it to fade acne scarring and it REALLY works on that. It improves overall texture of the face and I am really happy with the results that I get. Trying to make the tube stretch isn't the best idea if you want the maximum results. The good thing about that is it can double as your moisturizer at night, thus saving a little there. Unfortunately, if my skin is super broken-out I have to lay off this product for a few days because it is heavy and you will wake up in the morning with a film on your face. --I don't know how good I have made this product sound but if you have mild to medium discolorations and pore issues, I think this product is definitely worth a try.