Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream

4.3

INGREDIENTS: WATER,C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, OCTYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, DIMETHICONE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, RETINOL, PANTHENOL, DISODIUM EDTA, TOCOPHEROL, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, POLYSORBATE 20, TRIETHANOLAMINE, MRTHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, BHT, CARBOMER.

on 3/28/2008 9:25:00 AM

I Love this product this and the serum, are just great I have good skin and want to keep it that way I never layed out in the Sun, and I am so gald of that this stuff is great and I have tried other's alpha hydrox for 1 it was just terrible it dryed my face out really bad this product is so wonderful.

on 3/14/2008 1:03:00 AM

Love this! For those with normal-to-dry skin seeking a no-nonsense anti-aging product, this is it. There aren't any lofty claims or obscure botanicals, just ingredients long-supported by solid research: retinol, vitamin E, and quite a bit of green tea extract (listed as camellia oleifera on the label). I know that some folks are sensitive to silicone, which may account for the negative reviews (if not initial retinoid sensitivity). I used to use anti-wrinkle anti-blemish but now I use this along with a more effective (pH-balanced) BHA. No SPF in this one but I only use retinoids at night (they cause photosensitivity), so no matter. The packaging is a skosh boring but it's a sturdy, hygenic tube which keeps the antioxidants stable. To be frank, I'd much rather pay $12 for something which is proven to work, than blow my paycheck to dick around with pomegranate extract or algae or whatever. And it does a great job of moisturizing, too. HG!

I started using this product over 10 years ago, even though, at 18, wrinkles were a distant worry. I liked its light moisturizing properties, and now that I am 30, I love that its an anti-wrinkle cream. It's not greasy, or heavy, and comes with SPF 15, so it's perfect under make-up. The Retinol seems to help prevent blemishes and other ingredients calm irritation and redness. I have used this consistently for many years, and despite trying similar products, I have never found its equal. I can't vouch for its anti-wrinkle effectiveness at this time, since I don't have any wrinkles yet; however, perhaps all these years of using it is the reason why. :)

My only quibble with this product is the packaging. The paint on the tube sometimes slides off. Also, when trying to squeeze the last bit out, the aluminum (?) tube sometimes cracks and the moisturizer squirts out. I understand though, that the choice of tubing is to protect the Retinol.

on 1/18/2008 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I don't have wrinkles, yet, but my skin has been looking dull and tired, and I have some discoloration. I was hoping to brighten my skin, and get rid of those dark spots.I used this product daily for a full month, and saw not the slightest improvement. Not anything. It didn't make me break out, which is good, and there was no irritation, but that's not enough for me to continue with this product.

on 1/15/2008 9:49:00 AM

I usually stay away from Neutrogena because it really does nothing for my skin. However, I wanted to at least try out this Anti-Wrinkle stuff. After using it for about a week, small bumps appeared under my skin. I'm not sure what they were, but they were not full blown acne. I tend to get a few zits every now and then, but this was something new. So after I stopped using this, it took a few weeks or so for the new bumps to follow.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This definitely works for me. I got a sample size when I purchased another Neutrogena product online (Australia has limited product range) and thought I'd try it exclusively on the area between my brows where I have little frown lines (grrrrr). I was trying to make it last as long as possible but this stuff really goes a long way I'm 2 weeks in to using it and I've still got 1/4 tube left. Less than a pea size dollop does my entire forehead. Initially - the first 2 or 3 days - I had tingling and redness on the area between my brows. It felt tight immediately after application. After an hour the tightness and tingling was gone. By the 4th day I didn't get any redness but still some tingling/tightness. It's not problematic...just a little scary for a first timer (Neutrogena do provide a warning).
So for the first week I concentrated entirely on my frown lines then - because it spreads so well - I started applying it all over my forehead. I only use at night because there is no sunscreen in this particular version. As with all retinol products you MUST use a sunscreen. I happen to use an SPF15 at the moment and practice massive sun avoidance :wink: Anyway...the area between my brows is obviously different. Smoother, lines appear less obvious, a little shinier (not that you might want this side effect). I anticipate it'll do the same for the rest of my forehead in the coming week/s. Can't wait. Already bought a full size online! Edit: The sample size has finally run out *sob* and I've been very happy with it and will repurchase (at great expense in Australia). Upon application I now have no redness or tingling so I guess you get used to the retinol and it becomes less of an issue.

on 1/6/2008 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm on the fence about this product. The website says "Neutrogena Healthy SkinŽ Anti-Wrinkle Cream is a dermatologist recommended Retinol anti-wrinkle cream clinically proven to visibly reduce fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of aging."

I originally purchased it because I went through a tanning bed phase and as a result I have a few creases in my forehead that drive me crazy. I've been using this stuff for over a year every night and have seen no results. However, it does make my skin tone look more even. More pros is that the packaging is great and a little goes a long way. I have a little over half a tube left and like I said, Ive been usin it for over a year. I won't repurchase cause I wanna see what else is out there; Im sure I can find somethin better for the results Im lookin for.

on 12/30/2007 6:36:00 PM

I just finished a tube and I haven't seen any change in my skin. For the first few weeks I used a pearl sized drop as was recomended. Since I didn't notice any change in the appearance of my skin I began using quite a bit more and still no change. The best thing I have to say about this product is that I didn't have any breakout problems.

on 12/11/2007 10:07:00 PM

OK, when I was 23 years old, I saw a movie with an a young, well-known actress in it (she was about 30 at the time)...the movie showed a close-up of her hands and I totally freaked out - they were so wrinkled and had age spots - they just looked old - like she had the hands of a 50 year old (no offense to some people...)! From that moment on, I have been putting sunblock on my hands literally every day and I also started using this anti-wrinkle cream ( I even freaked my best friend out and she starting doing the same thing - she loves it as well).

Seriously, I'm 27 now and ever time I go to someone new at the nail salon, they always tell me how soft my hands are and how nice the skin on my hands is...my boyfriend can tell, too...One of the nail ladies even asked if I had a secret to my young hangs! This stuff absolutely works.

In addition to using sunblock everyday, I also started using this cream on my face almost every day. I was scared to use it at first because I thought it would make me break out and irritate my skin, but now I wish I started using it sooner! I have an oily t-zone and experience minor breakouts occassionaly, but I swear - I really feel like this product has cleared up my skin. My face just looks more even-toned and I have been experiencing much less breakouts since I started using it. My face is usually kind of reddish in some spots, but this stuff seriously seemed to take care of that problem as well.

You can't beat the price, either. Definitely try this product! My skin is also very sensitive (I'm sensitive to EVERYTHING) but this stuff hasn't irriatated my skin at all.

on 11/9/2007 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using this cream for about 10 months now and it's made a significant difference in my skin. Aside from some breakouts that I had during the summer (caused by a crappy sunscreen), my skin has been almost completely acne-free for nearly a year now. This really helps keep my skin clear. Plus it softens my skin, makes redness less noticeable and it makes my pores look smaller. I'm going to start using prescription Retin-A soon because I want more dramatic results, so I won't be using this product daily anymore, but I'll still keep it around.

Popular Treatments (Face)