September 1, 2014 | 1913 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - Tresor

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 1:33:00 AM More reviews by genica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the reviews that compare Tresor to the smell of expensive cosmetics - that's a great comparison! I haven't yet been able to sniff Frederic Malle's Lipstick Rose but I see them as having the same kind of concept. This has a very retro "makeup-y" smell. I remember I wore this in high school but I grew to hate it because I was probably wearing too much of it. This is extremely strong (Poison and Angel type strong), and I have to be careful that I'm wearing it and it doesn't wear me. It will enter the room before I do if I'm not careful. I hadn't worn it in years but I saw a Tresor gift set at TJ Maxx about a month ago and nostaliga got the best of me. I was honestly not even really expecting to like it and would probably just wear it occasionaly for memories sake, but I was surprised to find that I love it. This is like femininity in a bottle. And femininity in a full-bodied, confident way. In a sea of fruity-florals this is sure to make you stand out in a crowd, that's for sure! I was looking at the Lancome website before writing this review, and the product information says it was inspired by the final scene in Casablanca. What a great inspiration! And a fitting one as well. Glamorous, romantic, reminiscent of times past. It's a classic that I hope stays around for a long time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got a deluxe sample bottle of this with a recent Lancome purchase. Upon application, it is powdery and not very pleasant in my opinion.
After the dry down however, it turned this amazing comforting warm rich scent on my skin. I really like it. I think my mother used to wear it or something, because it is very nostalgic to me.
I don't think it's for everyday wear, it is fairly strong. A little goes a very long way with this.
I only wear this once in a while, when I want to smell "grown up".
I'm very glad to have a little bottle in my collection-it will last forever!.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 4:41:00 AM More reviews by xxchinadoll

I LOVE this scent! I remember my mom first bought it when I was about 10 years old and I always loved the smell since then! It's definitely something I will always use over time :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by BRANDI7013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff just plain stinks. And, for me, it doesn't even last.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2008 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Aprial

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I agree! it smells like face powder.. I can only use it once a months or so. I will not buy it again..

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2008 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Icyprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought Tresor would smell like peaches but noooo, this smells like rosy face powder. You have to like the smell of makeup to like this. It's way, way too heavy and perfumy for me. It's not terrible but not my style, kind of fussy and frilly.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2008 8:20:00 AM More reviews by kayben

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My chemistry is a mean, disagreeable beast, because it can't seem to get along with the fragrances I've been trying lately.

On me, Tresor smells like a fruit salad in a tupperware bowl (plastic-y undernotes) left out in the sun too long. The bottle is lovely and looks elegant on my dresser--that's the best thing I can say about it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love it! Dont ever discontinue. Prettiest fragrance. Dont know why people say its strong - its delicate and lovely!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2008 12:24:00 PM More reviews by jillmg89

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I go back and forth with this scent (depending on my mood, I guess). This scent is more "mature" then others that I use and it is very strong when first sprayed. I like this scent best after about 2 hours when it has faded and I get a subtle "whif" of it throughout the day. So, I guess it is a good thing that Tresor does have staying power, unlike many other scents that tend to fade to quickly. Once you get past the initial "shock" of the strong scent, it is a very nice fragrance- not my all time favorite, but I use it to change things up every now and then.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by allegro_barbaro

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think it is a beautiful scent but my goodness is it strong. I get a huge blast of juicy peach and apricot underpinned by lots of roses, no suprises there! It is quite intoxicating but therein lies the problem. Even when I only use one potent spritz it keeps coming at me all day long saying 'remember me? remember me? remember me?' and robbing me of all the fresh air in the vicinity. Now I love stong long lasting perfume (Fracas anyone???) and I love scents with a noticable amount of rose but I think this one is just too much for me. Such a pity! BTW I couldn't decide whether I should give it a 3 or a 4 but I decided with 4 simply because Tresor isn't the problem, I am .........*sniff*........