Bare Escentuals Well Rested

on 12/7/2007 11:28:00 PM

Meh...another over-hyped BE product. I got this as part of a kit...I would have never purchased it on its own. I use it as an eyeshadow base but it's nothing special. I might as well have used a mineral make up powder in its place.

It's quite light in color so it does have a lightening effect when I put it on my lids.

on 12/2/2007 3:41:00 PM

I was disappointed with Well Rested. As an eyeshadow base, it's just fine, but as an under-eye circle concealer, it's not. It gets into the creases under my eyes and makes me look old and tired. Not good. It does make an okay spot concealer for the red around my nose (better than Bisque for me, with my very fair, cool-toned complexion), as long as it's under foundation - all by itself, it looks too yellow. I've tried messing around with it as a finishing powder, mixing it with mineral veil and stuff, but really its best use is as an eye shadow base, and i rarely bother wearing eyeshadow, so it's not really useful for me. I'll stick to my cream concealer.

on 11/11/2007 11:04:00 PM

wow i must be the only one who this product does not work for. i see no difference in using well rested. i brought it because i just had a baby and i wanted to tell people that she was already sleeping thru the night (a lie of course). all it told people was that i had little sleep with powder on my eyes.

on 11/11/2007 12:45:00 PM

This powder is awesome. Iam a huge avid user of all BE products and I some how over looked this. I saw a thing on QVC for it and I went and got it from Sephora. I apply it under my eyes and on my eyelids and wow it looks like i got 15 hours of sleep when i really only got 5 or 6. Love it. Definately worth it to try if your skeptical.

on 11/10/2007 7:46:00 PM

I loooooove this product! I've struggled with my dark undereye circles for years (thanks for the genetics, dad!) and have always used either stick or cream concealers. I bought this with the BE flawless concealer brush, and they're my secret weapon against tired-looking eyes! I also use the eye reverupper to prep, and it helps this concealer to adhere and stay on better. This is a wonderful product!

on 11/2/2007 7:19:00 PM

I get so many compliments when I wear Well Rested. It is great all by itself as an eyeshadow. I swear it makes my eyes pop and look larger. I love it!

on 10/20/2007 10:03:00 PM

Well Rested is used everyday by me, no matter what. I have thin eyelids and without makeup on you can see little red and blue veins through them. Before finding Well Rested, it was very hard to cover this. I would use concealer or foundation or sometimes both before I'd put on eye shadow, but you could still see the red coming through the eye shadow. Well Rested makes the discoloration disappear on my lids and I can wear all sorts of wonderful eye shadow on top of it. I have gone through several jars already and will repurchase again when I run out.

on 10/15/2007 8:55:00 PM

all-time HG makeup product. don't know how I managed so long without it! I have very dark circles round my eyes, for years had used a MAC concealer but that is now redundant. I use BE foundation (fairly light) all over my face - including round my eyes - before applying well rested all round the eye area.

it doesen't cake or sit in lines, needs no blending and makes dark circles completely disappear. I also use it over spots, it works far better than bisque (which I found completely useless for concealing anything).

on 10/12/2007 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Love this product. I use it on the lids and under, and even around the nose area. It really does give me a better "well rested" look. My skin undertone is yellow so I double this up as a concealer as well.

on 8/11/2007 9:20:00 AM

I started using BE several months ago and Well Rested (WR) was immediately added to my collection based on various reviews I had read. I am 30 yrs old, use fairly lt/lt in the foundation and have minor red spots and infrequent blemishes, but my real problem is deep set eyes and dark circles.

WR works for me as a e/s base as well as a concealor - it's quick and easy to apply as well. It also nicely covered up my once a month pimple too, so I was happy about that! I do agree that if you have any moisture around your eye that it will cake up, so dab your eyes before applying. I've used just WR as e/s too with mascara and I thought it looked so fresh and polished.

I do recommend it, but I could see how this color wouldn't look good on all skin tones. Hopefully, before you buy you can try it out to see if it works for you.

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products