Bare Escentuals Well Rested

3.9

Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Kaolin, Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 1/19/2008 11:25:00 PM

I use this as a base for other eyeshadows. I never needed eye primers. What I do is put on my usual eye cream, then I dust powder on top. I have Well Rested and Summer Bisque, and I use either on top of my eye cream. My eyeshadow lasts all day. I use thee powders in the inner eye corner to diffuse darkness, too. They work well for me.

on 1/19/2008 9:59:00 PM

Well Rested is a great eye shadow for me--I use it as a base with a big fluffy brush, and recently have been using it more and more on its own. As another reviewer said, it seems to make my eyes pop!

I wouldn't use this under the eye, however, as it would look powdery/crepey/old/crummy--not the look I am going for. I am in my late 50s, so i care about that.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have mildly dark circles under my eyes and my eyes are deep-set. This stuff always hide the circles and the darkness on the inner part of my eyes. If they hadn't named it this, I would suggest "bright eyes" because that is exactly what it gives you. There are alot of days I go to work with only my BE foundation, blush, mascara, and well-rested. This is a product that gives me the polished look and is a staple in my makeup drawer!! I doubt I run out any time soon, but will repurchase if I do!

on 12/7/2007 11:28:00 PM

Meh...another over-hyped BE product. I got this as part of a kit...I would have never purchased it on its own. I use it as an eyeshadow base but it's nothing special. I might as well have used a mineral make up powder in its place.

It's quite light in color so it does have a lightening effect when I put it on my lids.

on 12/2/2007 3:41:00 PM

I was disappointed with Well Rested. As an eyeshadow base, it's just fine, but as an under-eye circle concealer, it's not. It gets into the creases under my eyes and makes me look old and tired. Not good. It does make an okay spot concealer for the red around my nose (better than Bisque for me, with my very fair, cool-toned complexion), as long as it's under foundation - all by itself, it looks too yellow. I've tried messing around with it as a finishing powder, mixing it with mineral veil and stuff, but really its best use is as an eye shadow base, and i rarely bother wearing eyeshadow, so it's not really useful for me. I'll stick to my cream concealer.

on 11/11/2007 11:04:00 PM

wow i must be the only one who this product does not work for. i see no difference in using well rested. i brought it because i just had a baby and i wanted to tell people that she was already sleeping thru the night (a lie of course). all it told people was that i had little sleep with powder on my eyes.

on 11/11/2007 12:45:00 PM

This powder is awesome. Iam a huge avid user of all BE products and I some how over looked this. I saw a thing on QVC for it and I went and got it from Sephora. I apply it under my eyes and on my eyelids and wow it looks like i got 15 hours of sleep when i really only got 5 or 6. Love it. Definately worth it to try if your skeptical.

on 11/10/2007 7:46:00 PM

I loooooove this product! I've struggled with my dark undereye circles for years (thanks for the genetics, dad!) and have always used either stick or cream concealers. I bought this with the BE flawless concealer brush, and they're my secret weapon against tired-looking eyes! I also use the eye reverupper to prep, and it helps this concealer to adhere and stay on better. This is a wonderful product!

on 11/2/2007 7:19:00 PM

I get so many compliments when I wear Well Rested. It is great all by itself as an eyeshadow. I swear it makes my eyes pop and look larger. I love it!

on 10/20/2007 10:03:00 PM

Well Rested is used everyday by me, no matter what. I have thin eyelids and without makeup on you can see little red and blue veins through them. Before finding Well Rested, it was very hard to cover this. I would use concealer or foundation or sometimes both before I'd put on eye shadow, but you could still see the red coming through the eye shadow. Well Rested makes the discoloration disappear on my lids and I can wear all sorts of wonderful eye shadow on top of it. I have gone through several jars already and will repurchase again when I run out.

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products