November 25, 2014 | 1797 users online

Blush - NARS - Cream Blush in Penny Lane [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Refuge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried Penny Lane because I really wanted to try a cream blush. Unfortunately, it did not even show up on my face. I returned it, and have not tried other creme colors. For reference, I am NC30 and my other fave blushes are Clinique Aglow, LM Crushed Hazlenut, and NARS Zen.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by graceface07

For me, this did not work and I am a blush freak! I love blush and I love cream blush. I am a stila cc junkie. I was excited to try this but the color & texture let me down. Let me first say that I have freckles and for some reason my freckles threw this off, also, I feel it to be more of a muted rose than nude as it was described on the boards. If your looking for a nice peach pink subtle nude cream blush- try stila gerbera. texture..I was disapointed that this turned to a powder when applied. I guess I was hoping it would be more dewey. so anyways, after lemming this for quite sometime I was let down which never happens. most of my reviews are always positive as I normally easily pleased. anyways I guess this was a miss for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by isseymiyake

Penny Lane is a nice no-makeup kind of makeup. On my NC 20-25 skin it is a subtle nude peachy pink with a beautiful silver sheen( no visible shimmer). It's an effectless dewy, natural looking blush, which is absolutely mistake proof. Won't accentuate pores or acne scars. Amazing texture too, silky, soft and smooth, very easy to blend and built up.

The downsides : (1) too light for me in summer , (2) the lasting power could be better especially compared to other Nars blushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by vanessabowles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG blush. It's a gorgeous peachy pink shade. It looks very natural and blends easily. It also has a slight glow to it. It looks matte in the pan, and it's not iridiscent or anything on, but the result is this "glowing from within" effect. I will repurchase again, and again, and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 11:39:00 AM More reviews by vanillaaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Amaaazing color!! if your looking for something natural.. this is the one to try! i love it!! i cant imagine such color exists! i have so many other blushes.. this is by all means one of my fav ones.. pure angelic.. and i love the fact that its a cream blush.. i am in love with those since ive tried cream blushes i have lost my desire to use powder ones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by circe1202

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a blush that often goes neglected in my collection, but I always remember how much I like it when I "rediscover" it from time to time :) It's a soft, very slightly warm peachy pink/nude shade with very subtle shimmer, almost just an imperceptible glow. As someone who's super pale (NC/W10), it's great to have a blush that is almost literally impossible to overdo, and Penny Lane is one of those shades. I can load it on if I want a sweet-cheeked, yet still natural (really!) look. I use my MAC 188 brush for a perfect application. My only gripe is the lasting power, I feel like this one doesn't last all day and needs a touch up after 4 hours or so. Overall, it's really pretty, and a great addition to anyone's blush collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2008 12:56:00 AM More reviews by stephhamilton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is a beautiful blush. Its incredibly easy to apply and gives a fantastic natural flush to my cheeks. I would definately buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by mylychee

I love how this creamy blush actually stays on, is very natural, and the color is very flattering. It's a soft nude and pink color blush. The creamy texture is smooth and not cakey. It glides on and you control the level of intensity - easy to use. The color is so natural and dewy. Would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by dollbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Very pretty nude pink blush on my yellow-toned medium warm skin. Good lasting power when topped with finishing powder. Non-shimmery so perfect for work. My first cream blush from Nars (I own several powder ones) and I really like the velvety texture and wearability.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by rosewaterischic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this blush! I love the color, it's adorable on very pale skin, very subtle!
The only thing, it doesn't last much on me, need to retouch it after few hours.