December 22, 2014 | 1445 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmers - Rhubarb

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2005 2:57:00 AM More reviews by wubblybubbly

The texture of this is fanbloodytastic but the colour is $!#*. I wouldn't say that this was the colour of rhubarb at all. It looks orange on my lips, and the more I apply, the worse it gets. I like the packaging though. It's a good size for my pocket or handbag and the super-slim tube looks good too. For reference, I have pigmented lips, light-olive skin, brunette, brown eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2005 11:09:00 PM More reviews by skeezicks_7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you need a very cool color, avoid this one - a neutral pink with a slight coral undertone. Otherwise it seems like a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2005 10:17:00 PM More reviews by beatalley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ooh, i like this stuff. its a rosy color, that feels like burts bees lip balm but sheerer and glossy. i think anyone would look good in it, and it is very moisturizing. overall, nice product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2005 12:23:00 PM More reviews by StellarBella

This lip shimmer glides on silky smooth and is 100% natural which is nice to think about. It has a cooling affect on the lip which is also nice. It is a small tube .0975 oz but is good for carring in the purse or pocket. The color looks good on my fair skin eventhough it is not a pale color. In my opinion it isn't sheer. It does seem to bring some color to my face. I wouldn't say at all that this product is thick--it actually just feels like it sinks into your lips. I don't think it stays on all that long but if it did it would be drying. Hope this helps!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2005 10:31:00 AM More reviews by stefdo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product online at vitacost, so when it was described as a "warm golden pink" I didn't envision the color I ended up with. I'm fairskinned and it just looks closer to a bright mauve or light fuscia color to me. I cannot wear it alone; just too bright for me. However, I do like the moisture it provides, so I have been toning it down with putting my other lipsticks over it. I would buy burt's bees lip shimmer products again just not this color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2005 1:10:00 PM More reviews by sampayne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice warmer pink color, not too brown or orange. Subtle, comfortable, nice lip balm. Would definately recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2005 9:40:00 PM More reviews by preppymrazlover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have 4 of these (see my other reviews for raisin, nutmeg and watermelon). These are the best thing I have EVER tried. I love these. This shade is pretty close to watermelon-but it's less bright fucshia-y. More red. I love it. Very close to my natural lip color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2005 1:07:00 PM More reviews by katrinachips

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Dirt cheap, lovely color and minty fresh moisturising sensation on the lips. Should have given it only 4 lippies, as it melts and gets mushy so easily. It just gets messier and messier. Still, I won't use anything else when I travel in adverse weather(-30c)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2005 5:51:00 PM More reviews by totorotummy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i really like this product. the color is pretty, but a tad too bright. so instead of swiping it on, i dab it, and it looks fine. i might like it more if it had a little more pinky-nude in it. the best thing about this? the tingle! i love it! cheap and comes in a teeny tube that's great for pockets. the thing that disappointed me is it's not that moisturizing. my lips feel kinda dry afterwards and i need to put on regular chapstick. i'd prefer just using one lip product. also, the screw down mechanism doesn't work. hope i can get a more moisturizing version.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2005 10:55:00 PM More reviews by hoglia

I bought this on campus at the bookstore on the first day back to school when i found myself lipstick AND balmless on a cold morning! The tingle was surprising, but didn't burn, and the color has worked quite well. I have naturally colorful lips, unless I'm cold, and this matched my skin color great. Also, the shade seems like the elusive type that most ANY skin color can wear, pale or dark, as it seems to blend with your natural lip color. But use a light touch! Most importantly, my lips felt smooth and yummy, long after it wore off. I've had mixed results with Burt's so I'm pleased!