Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers - Rhubarb

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

As a lip gloss fanatic/hunting for good ones, I liked the color of the rhubarb lip color. It matches well with my fair skin tone and is a good, wear to work lip balm with a tint. I'll definitely agree that it's a little more pink than what I was hoping for, but it's a good pink that doesn't make a fair skinned person look foolish in an obvious pink. I found mine at an upscale, organic store where it was a little more pricey than a drugstore. Still, it's a great product for little expense.

on 6/15/2005 2:57:00 AM

The texture of this is fanbloodytastic but the colour is $!#*. I wouldn't say that this was the colour of rhubarb at all. It looks orange on my lips, and the more I apply, the worse it gets. I like the packaging though. It's a good size for my pocket or handbag and the super-slim tube looks good too. For reference, I have pigmented lips, light-olive skin, brunette, brown eyes.

on 6/10/2005 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

If you need a very cool color, avoid this one - a neutral pink with a slight coral undertone. Otherwise it seems like a good product.

on 6/8/2005 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

ooh, i like this stuff. its a rosy color, that feels like burts bees lip balm but sheerer and glossy. i think anyone would look good in it, and it is very moisturizing. overall, nice product.

on 6/7/2005 12:23:00 PM

This lip shimmer glides on silky smooth and is 100% natural which is nice to think about. It has a cooling affect on the lip which is also nice. It is a small tube .0975 oz but is good for carring in the purse or pocket. The color looks good on my fair skin eventhough it is not a pale color. In my opinion it isn't sheer. It does seem to bring some color to my face. I wouldn't say at all that this product is thick--it actually just feels like it sinks into your lips. I don't think it stays on all that long but if it did it would be drying. Hope this helps!

on 6/6/2005 10:31:00 AM

I bought this product online at vitacost, so when it was described as a "warm golden pink" I didn't envision the color I ended up with. I'm fairskinned and it just looks closer to a bright mauve or light fuscia color to me. I cannot wear it alone; just too bright for me. However, I do like the moisture it provides, so I have been toning it down with putting my other lipsticks over it. I would buy burt's bees lip shimmer products again just not this color.

on 6/4/2005 1:10:00 PM

Nice warmer pink color, not too brown or orange. Subtle, comfortable, nice lip balm. Would definately recommend.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have 4 of these (see my other reviews for raisin, nutmeg and watermelon). These are the best thing I have EVER tried. I love these. This shade is pretty close to watermelon-but it's less bright fucshia-y. More red. I love it. Very close to my natural lip color.

on 4/19/2005 1:07:00 PM

Dirt cheap, lovely color and minty fresh moisturising sensation on the lips. Should have given it only 4 lippies, as it melts and gets mushy so easily. It just gets messier and messier. Still, I won't use anything else when I travel in adverse weather(-30c)

on 3/5/2005 5:51:00 PM

i really like this product. the color is pretty, but a tad too bright. so instead of swiping it on, i dab it, and it looks fine. i might like it more if it had a little more pinky-nude in it. the best thing about this? the tingle! i love it! cheap and comes in a teeny tube that's great for pockets. the thing that disappointed me is it's not that moisturizing. my lips feel kinda dry afterwards and i need to put on regular chapstick. i'd prefer just using one lip product. also, the screw down mechanism doesn't work. hope i can get a more moisturizing version.