April 19, 2014 | 851 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmers - Rhubarb

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2005 10:31:00 AM More reviews by stefdo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product online at vitacost, so when it was described as a "warm golden pink" I didn't envision the color I ended up with. I'm fairskinned and it just looks closer to a bright mauve or light fuscia color to me. I cannot wear it alone; just too bright for me. However, I do like the moisture it provides, so I have been toning it down with putting my other lipsticks over it. I would buy burt's bees lip shimmer products again just not this color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2005 1:10:00 PM More reviews by sampayne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice warmer pink color, not too brown or orange. Subtle, comfortable, nice lip balm. Would definately recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2005 9:40:00 PM More reviews by preppymrazlover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have 4 of these (see my other reviews for raisin, nutmeg and watermelon). These are the best thing I have EVER tried. I love these. This shade is pretty close to watermelon-but it's less bright fucshia-y. More red. I love it. Very close to my natural lip color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2005 1:07:00 PM More reviews by katrinachips

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Dirt cheap, lovely color and minty fresh moisturising sensation on the lips. Should have given it only 4 lippies, as it melts and gets mushy so easily. It just gets messier and messier. Still, I won't use anything else when I travel in adverse weather(-30c)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2005 5:51:00 PM More reviews by totorotummy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i really like this product. the color is pretty, but a tad too bright. so instead of swiping it on, i dab it, and it looks fine. i might like it more if it had a little more pinky-nude in it. the best thing about this? the tingle! i love it! cheap and comes in a teeny tube that's great for pockets. the thing that disappointed me is it's not that moisturizing. my lips feel kinda dry afterwards and i need to put on regular chapstick. i'd prefer just using one lip product. also, the screw down mechanism doesn't work. hope i can get a more moisturizing version.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2005 10:55:00 PM More reviews by hoglia

I bought this on campus at the bookstore on the first day back to school when i found myself lipstick AND balmless on a cold morning! The tingle was surprising, but didn't burn, and the color has worked quite well. I have naturally colorful lips, unless I'm cold, and this matched my skin color great. Also, the shade seems like the elusive type that most ANY skin color can wear, pale or dark, as it seems to blend with your natural lip color. But use a light touch! Most importantly, my lips felt smooth and yummy, long after it wore off. I've had mixed results with Burt's so I'm pleased!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2005 11:29:00 PM More reviews by innamorata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The website advertises Rhubarb as "warm, golden pink", and I'd say they aren't far from wrong...although "warm" and "golden" bring an orangy color to mind, and that isn't the case here. I'm a PPP with cool pink undertones and I can pull this off. I think it is a medium pinky-mauve, more pinky than mauve, and it can be a bit bright if you apply too much.

Once applied, it feels smoove and shiny, with a bit of mint smell and tingle. I wish the mint tingle lasted a lot longer, and I also wish this TASTED more like mint (right now, it just feels like the tip of your tongue is a little numb), but I can live with it. As it wears off, it does so evenly, so you don't get that "ring-around-the-lips" look. With this one, the product won't screw back down into the container, so I have to take my finger and slightly push it down after use. A minor annoyance, as the others I currently have (Watermelon and Champagne) don't do that.

If you apply too much, it does get a little scary-bright, but a very light layer is enough for a subtle shine. I also find that it goes on somewhat unevenly if I try to apply too much (more than one coat). I often wear the Burt's Bees Balm underneath this just for a prolonged tingle. My lips feel smoove, even after this wears off. And it comes in a little skinny stick that fits easily in your purse or pocket. I paid almost $3 for this, which is comparable to a Bonne Bell product, so it isn't as expensive as many BB's products. I do have to question...."Rhubarb"? I mean...come on. At least the rest of the shade names sound delicious, although out in natural light this is exactly the color of a rhubarb stalk... continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2004 5:14:00 PM More reviews by asianeyes

i may have replaced my Burt's Bees Beeswax Lipbalm w/ my HG Rosebud Salve, but *wow* do i love this Rhubarb lip shimmer!!! i love Burt's Bees! this stuff gives the nicest hint of color which u can build easily. this shade is a beautiful rose/muave color...perfect for that natural bitten lips look + some shimmer. =P this is surprisingly very moisturizing too (more so than the Beeswax Lipbalm). i love that the tube this comes in is so tiny (super thin) b/c i've never got room to spare when using tiny purses. as for the price...only $2.88 at my local health food store! yay! dirt cheap. will def. be trying out the other colors...i'm want Watermelon and Nutmeg next! ;) oh yeah, and btw. this has the same tingly sensation & minty smell as w/ the Beeswax Lipbalm.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2004 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Cdjax

I lurve this! :)
Its a great shimmery rose shade on me, and I really like the strong mint smell. I'm definitely going to try out more shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2004 4:39:00 PM More reviews by lenah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are such a steal! Rhubarb is a hot pink/bubblegum color that can be layered on for more intensity. One swipe will give you sheer light pink--more layers will give a noticeable hot pink tone. I didn't care for the mintiness at first, but I don't mind it now! I only paid $3.45 + tax at a local beauty boutique, and plan on trying the other colors too! (at this price, what's to stop me from buying all 8, or however many there are?!)