Avene Cleanance K

3.7

Avene Thermal Spring Water - Cyclomethicone - Water - Gylcolic Acid - Propylene Glycol - Glycerine - Polyacrylamide - Lactic Acid - Polymethyl Methacrylate - Sodium Hydroxide - C13-14 Isoparaffin - Disodium Phosphate - Bisabolol - Citric Acid - Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil - Dimethiconol - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Laureth-7 - Polysorbate 20 - Salicylic Acid - Zinc Gluconate

on 5/19/2009 11:43:00 AM

I cannot even tell you how thrilled I am with this product.

I have been an acne sufferer for over a decade (12-24) and decided for my 24th birthday I wanted to have a face that I would no longer feel I had to apple makeup to before I went out. My skin has changed in the past few years as a result of aging and stopping hormonal birth control meaning that I had begun to breakout slightly less often, with fewer cysts. Still it was not uncommon for me to wake up with a new pimple or two every day and constantly have red marks that take forever to fade from my very, very pale skin.

I researched many different treatments options that would meet my needs: gentle for my very sensitive skin, prevent breakouts and most importantly help diminish all the red marks that I had on my face. I found two good candidates and decided to try cleanance K first because it was FAR less expensive than the other option.

I have now been using this product for four months now and the change is astounding. The first month was a bit rough. There is always a period of transition to a product and I found that in the first weeks after I started using cleanance K I did break out quite a bit. I had suspected I would, and kept using the product anyway. I'm really glad I did.

My cleansing routine is very simple now: wash my face twice a day with spectro derm (amazing cleanser available in Canada) and use cleanance K every second night. I found that using it every night was too drying for my skin, and additionally I added Avene's cleanance AC moisturizer to my regime which I apply after I wash my face (except when I'm applying cleanance K).

Four months later and I don't feel like I have to put on any makeup before I leave the house anymore! After a decade spent with barely a single day that I didn't apply foundation, powder, concealer, etc I cannot tell you how amazing this is.

on 5/16/2009 5:26:00 AM

To be honest, I do not like this product.
It claims to eliminate blackheads-blemishes but it did not
help at all. I am not acne prone or anything but I do have occasional blemishes. I too do not like the smell. Besides this I think I am kind of
allegy to it. It gives me a hot feeling. Felt that it was a waste of money.

on 4/28/2009 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

i just started using this recently. i used to use proactiv and loved it at first... until my skin got used to it and it started to no longer work on me. after stopping, my skin broke out since it was dependent on proactiv. so i decided to try this product out, which was suggested to me by the sales associate. she said that avene is great for people with sensitive/acne-prone skin. i bought this along with the cleance soap-free gel cleanser, toner and that spiffy thermal spring water spray. i used it right away before going to bed. the next morning, my pimples and blemishes, which have been plaguing me for weeks, were radically diminished! i was sooooo pleased with the results because vichy didn't work for me.
so, i've been using this product for a couple of days now along with my cousin. we have both noticed that we have fewer bumps on our faces.
at first, i only used this product at night since whenever i put makeup over it, everything would start balling up and clumping... but i've decided to give it another chance this morning. this time i waited 10-15 minutes before putting makeup on, it was perfectly fine. but son't forget to use sunblock ladies!

on 4/7/2009 2:52:00 PM

After only one week I am in love. For the past year I have tried so many brands (erno laszlo, natura bisse, revive, kate somerville, neutrogena, la roche posay, etc) to deal with redness and blemishes. Nothing worked! Then I ordered the cleanance line from avene. The redness is gone and my blemishes are healing very fast and no new ones. I'm wearing less makeup and even getting compliments on my skin. The best part is that unlike some products I've tried my skin is not dry or itchy, it just looks like healthy skin.

on 3/30/2009 8:36:00 PM

I have no idea why this is listed as a moisturizer; it is definitely a treatment. I have to use an additional moisturizer over it (or sunscreen during the day), though I suppose someone very oily may not need anything else. You definitely need to use sun protection while on this product! I love the gentle exfoliation it provides. My pores are clearing up and my breakouts have greatly diminished. I will definitely keep repurchasing this as long as it works. Oh and the fragrance is nice and doesn't irritate my skin at all. I have found that if you use a very light amount and a moisturizer over it, and apply your foundation gently with your fingers, it will not ball up when you apply makeup. Overall, this is a really great product for the price. I wish it was available in US drugstores!

on 3/25/2009 2:28:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

So I just bought my second tube of this cream-gel, the first time I used it three years ago when they had by the way not yet changed the smell, it is at least a medium to intense smell which however does not last a long time. The smell is now more suitable for men than before I'd say, still like it but it's just different from the imo perfect scent it was before.
Because of the silicone it goes on and feels extremely smoothly and at daytime lets my make-up look good as long as I don't take really much gel and rub my skin which usually makes it flake.
I have a normal to combination skin leaning slightly towards the dryer side, it doesn't dry my skin out but conditions it just enough, though I do use other creams for moisturizing on top of it when needed every few days.
My skin is sensitive to a lot of things, not acids commonly used in skincare though and can handle a lot in that respect. I have never experienced irritaion because of the gel, no redness or itching, just light burning after peelings or on sore areas.
I had a reaction when I put it on my rather wrecked skin from BPO as my skin got even more red and burning than it already was, and I also suggest you keep it away from your eyes as this will most likely really hurt. But aside from that I find if fairly mild when used correctly on my skin.

Now on to the effects on my blemishes; they aren't massive, not even acne but I want to get rid of them and this cream-gel fortunately does its job. My pimples slowly decrease, I get less whiteheads and the large pores on my nose stop getting inflamed and maybe shrink a little too. My skin has gotten so bad because of my diet, as soon as I eat healthy again my skin will aditionally clear up even more.

A little goes quite a long way, not nearly as long as the facewash but it's ok. Finally, it cost me 13Ä for 40ml.
I'll report and update on how this tube now continues to work on me.

on 3/19/2009 8:50:00 AM

This product works really well for me, making my skin smooth after every use. It does a great job of keeping my oily t-zone blemish-free while erasing small blemishes from healed pimples. It also did not irritate my skin or force it to 'adjust' to a new product which I've experienced with other brands.

on 3/19/2009 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I find it much better than Cleanance.
While regular cleanance did nothing, except provide a bit of moisturizing, Cleanance K has really improved my skin, although it still does nothing to prevent shine.
I have to say that this is the first AHA/BHA product that Iím using during a longer period. It cleared up my face. I get very few breakouts. There are also less blackheads.
The cream still doesnít feel too drying, but since Sisley Complexe aux Resines Tropicales turned my skin into normal again, I will continue to use Cleanance K occasionally to prevent pore clogging.

on 3/11/2009 12:18:00 AM

Works like a charm on my combination skin. Clears up less stubborn blemishes and refines my skin texture. I don't always get the tingly/stinging sensation but when I do, it's quite a sharp sensation for about 5 secs. Will definitely repurchase as this is my go-to fix-it product.

on 2/5/2009 10:07:00 PM

I'm still on the fence about these products- i got the clearance K and the soapless gel in a pack with the thermal spring water (which i though was a crock of you know what- which it was but came free) and although the gel is good I'm not sure about the clearance K. I hate the smell, very acidic and stings still when it goes over opened pimples. its sticky which i hate, and I would NEVER use it after i had exfoliated and cleansed my skin... unless i had a death wish that day. since using the avene products my skin has gotten better- but not perfect. i still get break outs, like one or two BIG cyst like pimples at a time (like now- i;m refusuing to leave the house) and i still get an oily t-zone that has IMMOVABLE blackheads. So i'd probably buy it again because its the best I've used so far but... not completley satisfied. alot of cons.

Popular Treatments (Face)