April 20, 2014 | 1764 users online

Skincare - Face - Shiseido - Facial Cotton

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 5:14:00 AM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using these babies for about a year now and I can say for sure that those cheap cotton pads/balls are never going near my face again! They really do make a difference when applying toner and removing eye makeup. They seem a lot more expensive when you see them in the store next to the cheapie brands, but one bag will last for a looong time (especially if you cut each pad in half) so in hindsight buying this product will definitely seem worth it. Save the inferior ones for nail polish removal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 1:24:00 AM More reviews by ca_sent_beau

Add me to the list of converts please. I have decided to give Shiseido Facial Cotton a try after reading the reviews on MUA, and there was no turning back after the very first use. They are very expensive, the packaging is really bad, but the cotton squares (actually rectangles) are from heaven. They are very soft and absolutely lint free. Most important of all they do have the right absorbency -- they are not too absorbent like most other cotton. When you use them with a lotion cleanser, for example, they only absorb very little. This not only means that you can use less product, but it also minimizes any tugging on the skin -- the lotion serves like a cushion between the cotton and the skin. Well worth the splurge!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 8:12:00 PM More reviews by bAybeeTRAN

these are the softest things i have ever touched. i love using these when im cleaning my face with astirigent because i can actually see all the dirt , oil, makeup im wiping off. it's a tad expensive though. 200 cottons for 8-10 dollars. : ( . but hey, these things are amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2008 9:46:00 PM More reviews by TangerineZoe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't even know my mom had this, but I was looking for cotton balls and saw a small, tissue-sized package of Shiseido's facial cotton in the cabinet. I wondered if this was the same product with rave reviews that I saw here at MUA a while back, and the minute I used it, I knew it was. Everything that people have been saying about this product is true. I cut the cotton in half because there were only a few left in the package and I was only trying it anyway. I used it to remove my eye makeup and it was wonderful. Very smooth, left absolutely no lint, and took off my makeup cleanly without harsh rubbing. Who knew cotton could be so amazing? :P

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Renie82

I read the reviews here and figured with such a high percentage it would be worth to puchase and wow - this is my HG cotton. I have no HG anything so this is truely amazing. I have only used it for toner and not make up removal (yet). I can see that cutting them in half would even be better. I must say that the price is currently $9 and I have no idea how many pads are actually in the plastic and I've read 150/200 in these reviews.
I do wish it had better packaging but these are worth a shot!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2008 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

I use this cotton for a long time already. I find it very nice and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2008 12:19:00 PM More reviews by SnowWhiteQueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is the shit. You will use these and NEVER go back to $1 cotton. Why spend so much money on face products and cheap out on cotton I will never know. I cut mine in half and the one package lasts forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2008 3:26:00 AM More reviews by jogu78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

im a guy and maybe its that reason im not giving these a 5 rating. heres why: i find that they are so gentle that they start to shred/fall apart as i wipe them across my face. i only used these to apply toner after cleansing and i ended up having to use 2 per use becos they just kept falling apart on me. maybe its cos i didnt shave for half a day and that tiny amt of stubble causes them to fall apart. i dont know.

im definately not knocking this product as i will admit these cotton pads are EXTREMELY soft and feel very nice. however, they are too gentle for me. i even tried wiping verrrrrrrrrry softly and i found they still curl up and/or start to fall apart.

i use sephora brand cotton pads which are soft yet very sturdy. i can use both sides of the pad and those babies refuse to shred on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Tamathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fantastic cotton pads for any product for which you need them, but do not want to leave lint. Johnson & Johnson used to make a quilted one that was fantastic, but it seems to have been discontinued. I have been searching for a viable replacement, and thanks to MUA I have found it. Shiseido is the last place I would have looked for this product. Cotton is cotton, right? And it is found at your local drug store or Target, Wal-Mart, etc. But Shiseido facial cotton is found at Sephora, and it is worth the $8 price tag. If your cotton dissolves before you can move onto the other eye or more nails, is it really worth the $2.50 you paid for it? They are such high quality that only 1/2 a square is needed for facial toners and eye makeup removers. Use scissors to cut them in half and get more use from them. They will not dissolve in your aspirin toner or acetone nail polish remover. Get them, and use them exclusively for toner & eye makeup remover, and use your old cotton pads to remove nail polish. When you run out of old cotton for removing nail polish, use Shiseido for everything. This is one of those things I would have defined as luxury before I tried them. Now that I have them, they are an essential investment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by KiuKiu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love these cottons! They thankfully don't shed lint all over the face, which gets really annoying, especially when they get on your eyelashes! And they are so soft and big, I cut them all in half. They also absorb a minimal amount of the product being used with it, be it toner, makeup remover, etc. I use it to remove makeup, and all I need is half of a cotton pad and one Q-tip. With cheap cotton, I use somewhere between three to five cotton pads each time. Compared to a half, that is a lot! There are 100 pads in each pack and they are $8 each. Sounds expensive, but it really is not! Since I cut them in half, I technically get 200 in each pack. That's about the size of a pack of cheap cotton pads! Now, that still may sound expensive because it is now 200 pads each, but one pack is $8 while the other ranges from $2 to $5. But I use so much more cotton when I use the cheap pads! So in the end, these are cheaper and a lot more pleasant to use. The only bad thing is that the packaging is a plastic wrap that needs to be ripped in order to be opened. It would have been nice of Shiseido if they provided a case, even a flimsy one! But because they do not, I just go to Staples and get a plastic supplies box and put them in there. Overall, I absolutely love these cotton pads!