Shiseido Facial Cotton

4.8

I bought this for $8 CAD... It feels very nice and doesn't tear or ball up like cotton I've used in the past. It's good shtuff. Yes, even at $8. It takes a while to get through the package, so by the time you do, you forget all about those $8.

on 1/30/2009 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Shiseido Facial Cotton really is the super softest cotton you will ever use! The cotton is woven and that is why they feel different to the other alternatives available. Unfortunately, I can't always afford to use them! If I could these are all I would ever use. I notice that with these I need less product on them to do the job so the cost is probably spread out in the end.

If you haven't tried them yet try one at a Shiseido counter - the MUA's use these to do facial massage and makeup removal.

on 1/28/2009 11:05:00 PM

These are the best cotton pads for your face on the market. Costs more but worth it.

on 1/10/2009 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best cotton pads ever produced.

on 11/29/2008 10:26:00 PM

I love these super soft cotton pads! I think they are totally worth the price. Buying a package of this cotton pad is like buy three rolls of cotton pads....but this is superior quality cotton that is gentle on your eyes and face and that is important! We only have one face...be good to your skin. ;)

on 11/20/2008 8:21:00 PM

***I am reviewing for the Shiseido white lucent facial cotton***

I received a small box of the facial cotton as GWP, it came in a lovely shiny purple/silver box, with 30 facial cottons inside.
I dont use toner on my face but only on my neck but I use cheap ones from the supermarket, which is quite scratchy but it doesnt bother me. So when I opened to use these pads, I so suprised at how soft and fluffy they were. I "tested" the softness on my face by rubbing it hard and soft and my sensitive skin didnt go red at all.

When I use it on my neck, I usually just use half the cotton so it will last me 60 days instead.

I dont know how much a full sized box is but I doubt it'll be cheap, which is the reason why I would not be making a purchase for these facial cottons

on 10/22/2008 12:56:00 PM

Edit: Hahaha! discerning because you spend $9 on cotton? What about discerning between buying an average product for a lot of money or another average product for little money?? Wow, I did laugh. But I guess with the recession some people don't have the money to splurge on a good $25 Dior lipstick, so if a $9 cotton is the only luxury you can get, by all means go for it ;)

This is the most idiotic purchase I have ever made, and believe me there's more than a few to compete. I cannot believe how stupid was thinking that an outrageously expensive $9 cotton was going to be any different than regular cotton... The softness is overrrated, and these have no strenght, just as regular not pressed cotton pads, like CVS cotton rounds, which are as soft and prone to tearing apart as this Shiseido cotton is.
Saying that my skin is sensitive in order to feel better to have bought this is a move I'm not willing to do, because I'm not going to deny the responsibility of the bad purchase I made. I'm also not saying this would make your toner las longer, beacuse that's a lie, it doesn't absorb any less product. this thing has nothing going for it, It's not even freaking organic!
I made a stupid decision, and the first step to overcome stupidity, as alcohol, is to admit it. I hope all of you can do the same.
Oh, by the way, your fingertips have much more nerve terminals than your face, so even if you feel a slight difference in softness when you touch this, your face won't notice it one bit, unless you have a nervous system malformation, of course.

on 10/15/2008 2:51:00 AM

Ok - so like most people I was a little skeptical because of the price and because I kept thinking that in the end they are just cotton pads. I was so wrong and have never been happier to be wrong. First off the price - when you think about what most of us spend on makeup and skincare and ridiculous products $8 is really nothing. Esp. because these are super soft, lint free, there are lots in the package, and as several reviewers before me have noted they do not absorb product like many of the cheaper cotton pads. So in the end you are using less or your tonner/astringent/etc. which is most likely more costly then a package of $8 cotton pads. Sometimes i think the package might be a little enchanted because my package just seems to last forever - i think one day i might sit down and count how many there are.

on 9/27/2008 12:09:00 PM

BEST FACIAL COTTON EVER! Super smooth and versatile - I use the whole sheet for toner, and cut it to smaller pieces for spot treatment, etc. Not too expensive actually consider that you can save on the toner by using less.

I personally use the facial cotton to apply toner, and it works very nicely. They are very soft and as a major plus, they never leave behind any residual cotton pieces on my face.

As other reviewers have noted, this *is* a bit pricey (hence one lippie off), but the the package does go a long way. I recommend cutting each piece of facial cotton in half, doubling your mileage you get with each package!

Popular Face Skincare Products