October 25, 2014 | 1714 users online

Skincare - Face - Shiseido - Facial Cotton

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 2:51:00 AM More reviews by nubfish

Ok - so like most people I was a little skeptical because of the price and because I kept thinking that in the end they are just cotton pads. I was so wrong and have never been happier to be wrong. First off the price - when you think about what most of us spend on makeup and skincare and ridiculous products $8 is really nothing. Esp. because these are super soft, lint free, there are lots in the package, and as several reviewers before me have noted they do not absorb product like many of the cheaper cotton pads. So in the end you are using less or your tonner/astringent/etc. which is most likely more costly then a package of $8 cotton pads. Sometimes i think the package might be a little enchanted because my package just seems to last forever - i think one day i might sit down and count how many there are.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2008 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Java

BEST FACIAL COTTON EVER! Super smooth and versatile - I use the whole sheet for toner, and cut it to smaller pieces for spot treatment, etc. Not too expensive actually consider that you can save on the toner by using less.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by monkeysrfunny

I personally use the facial cotton to apply toner, and it works very nicely. They are very soft and as a major plus, they never leave behind any residual cotton pieces on my face.

As other reviewers have noted, this *is* a bit pricey (hence one lippie off), but the the package does go a long way. I recommend cutting each piece of facial cotton in half, doubling your mileage you get with each package!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2008 8:03:00 PM More reviews by SkinCareGuy

I don't get the rave reviews of this product. I bought these hoping to find something different. In my opinion, they are NO different that any cheap cotton squares you can get at the drugstore. They are not any softer and they leave behind just as much cotton as any other I have tried. Sure, they are soft...but most of them out there are. The only difference I found was the expensive price. I am going back to Renee Rouleau Toning Cloths. They are on the pricier side, but they work great. They are more like super soft gauze and never leave behind little pieces of cotton.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 5:14:00 AM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using these babies for about a year now and I can say for sure that those cheap cotton pads/balls are never going near my face again! They really do make a difference when applying toner and removing eye makeup. They seem a lot more expensive when you see them in the store next to the cheapie brands, but one bag will last for a looong time (especially if you cut each pad in half) so in hindsight buying this product will definitely seem worth it. Save the inferior ones for nail polish removal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 1:24:00 AM More reviews by ca_sent_beau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Add me to the list of converts please. I have decided to give Shiseido Facial Cotton a try after reading the reviews on MUA, and there was no turning back after the very first use. They are very expensive, the packaging is really bad, but the cotton squares (actually rectangles) are from heaven. They are very soft and absolutely lint free. Most important of all they do have the right absorbency -- they are not too absorbent like most other cotton. When you use them with a lotion cleanser, for example, they only absorb very little. This not only means that you can use less product, but it also minimizes any tugging on the skin -- the lotion serves like a cushion between the cotton and the skin. Well worth the splurge!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 8:12:00 PM More reviews by bAybeeTRAN

these are the softest things i have ever touched. i love using these when im cleaning my face with astirigent because i can actually see all the dirt , oil, makeup im wiping off. it's a tad expensive though. 200 cottons for 8-10 dollars. : ( . but hey, these things are amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2008 9:46:00 PM More reviews by TangerineZoe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't even know my mom had this, but I was looking for cotton balls and saw a small, tissue-sized package of Shiseido's facial cotton in the cabinet. I wondered if this was the same product with rave reviews that I saw here at MUA a while back, and the minute I used it, I knew it was. Everything that people have been saying about this product is true. I cut the cotton in half because there were only a few left in the package and I was only trying it anyway. I used it to remove my eye makeup and it was wonderful. Very smooth, left absolutely no lint, and took off my makeup cleanly without harsh rubbing. Who knew cotton could be so amazing? :P

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Renie82

I read the reviews here and figured with such a high percentage it would be worth to puchase and wow - this is my HG cotton. I have no HG anything so this is truely amazing. I have only used it for toner and not make up removal (yet). I can see that cutting them in half would even be better. I must say that the price is currently $9 and I have no idea how many pads are actually in the plastic and I've read 150/200 in these reviews.
I do wish it had better packaging but these are worth a shot!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2008 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

I use this cotton for a long time already. I find it very nice and soft.