November 23, 2014 | 1978 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by CrisAlex

Okay okay so I went to buy this lipstick based on the reviews here. And since I always wear nudey colours, I thought that this would be something different. OMG! I love it! This colour makes my teeth look whiter and i can't believe I didn't try this earlier.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 7:38:00 AM More reviews by thatssoblasian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far one of my favorite lipstick colors! It's a beautiful lavender color that looks amazing with my skin tone! It goes one great and is relatively long lasting as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Brownye20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Other, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

I was visiting my cuzo last summer n she had this on. I was so feeling it so she brought it for me. Wen I tried it on I did not like it. So I gave it away Shhh... don't tell my cuzo lol. Anyhoo, for some reason this l/s stayed on my mind. So i decide to give it another shot. I brought it n OMG wat was I thinking. This color is gorgeous lol. U can tone it down with Current Lip Liner or Up The Amp even more with She-Zam Dazzle Glass. Love It!!!!.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 5:41:00 AM More reviews by MissShellDawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Sooo, I was at the MAC Counter and it was between this and Snob Lipstick. I chose this, but would have liked to have both. I needed this to wear under MAC Lipgelee in MEGA. But looks great on it's own also! I loveeee the texture of this Amplified Creme Lipstick! It's so rich in color. It's yummyyy! I will repurchase when I am out!!

Fourth from left:

continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by candycane08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick because my favorite guru had it, I was extremely dissapointed with it! Its waaayyyy to purple It looks nice on Latoya lucket in the Regret video but horrible on me, this color would look nice on women with darker skin tones like nc40 n above

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Tlcorey86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

This is a very pretty pinkish-purple color. It def makes a statement on darker skin tones like myself but i'll wear anything thats just me, so wear if you dare lol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by BEjunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently B2M'ed from this little baby. I have been dreaming of a beautiful purpley pink lippie that will look good on my cool skintone and I am really glad to say that I found it. I love how it can be layered for a more dramatic color or can be applied in just one swipe for a really pretty, soft look as well. Went out to dinner with this one the first night I had it and the waitress couldn't hardly take her eyes off of it. It is such a beautiful color! I paired it up with MAC Magenta lip liner, for good measure. Gorgeous combination.
I've recently started getting into different colors (took me a long time to realize MAC had more interesting colors out there than Viva Glam V, which used to be my go-to standard.) This is such a great lipstick to add to my collection of Amplified Cremes, which are my favorite finish that MAC offers. I am very impressed with this lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by botitas1977

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOOOVE this. I am nc40-nc42. Ive been looking for that perfect " weird colored lipstick " This looks HOT! I can rub it in w my finger for a modern lipstain look or put in on w a brush for a really dramatic look. Need to try it. It looks intimidating in the tube but applies just as you want it. Sheer or dramatic.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Sparkle0117

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I *love* this shade, it's a gorgeous purpley-pink and it's opaque in one coat. (LOVE the amplified cremes!) However, I recently purchased a cheapy lipstick on a whim at the supermarket - from LA Colors. It was .99 and the shade was Matte Lavender (or Lilac? - There's only ONE purple shade with MATTE in the title.) and it's VERY similar to Up the Amp PLUS it even smells like vanilla!!! Not an *exact* match, but when I put it on and asked Hubby to guess the shade, his response was, "Up the Amp?" So that made me happy. I didn't buy it for this reason as it did not look like UtA when I saw it in the store, only after I applied it. It doesn't last as long unless you use a primer, but you already use one or dont mind using one, this is a fabulous dupe!
Back to MAC's Up the Amp though, it's beautiful!! Imagine your typical lavender lipstick and then swirl in some light berry (think: Raspberry Sorbet) and viola! Perfect for cool toned beauties!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by didi123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can leave my house just wearing this lipstick on my face - and feel confident. Thats how good it looks! Love it to bits. Colour looks intimidating in the tube, but when I have it on - its just so pretty. However, be warned, it might not look good on all skin tones. Cos my friends tried it - and it does not look quite right on them. So please make sure you try it before purchasing.

When I apply it with a lip pencil (Mac Soar) and lip gloss over (Mac Preppy) - this lipstick is the best!

However, be warned that if you have yellowish teeth, this color will make your teeth appear even more yellow.