September 2, 2014 | 1097 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by BEjunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently B2M'ed from this little baby. I have been dreaming of a beautiful purpley pink lippie that will look good on my cool skintone and I am really glad to say that I found it. I love how it can be layered for a more dramatic color or can be applied in just one swipe for a really pretty, soft look as well. Went out to dinner with this one the first night I had it and the waitress couldn't hardly take her eyes off of it. It is such a beautiful color! I paired it up with MAC Magenta lip liner, for good measure. Gorgeous combination.
I've recently started getting into different colors (took me a long time to realize MAC had more interesting colors out there than Viva Glam V, which used to be my go-to standard.) This is such a great lipstick to add to my collection of Amplified Cremes, which are my favorite finish that MAC offers. I am very impressed with this lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by botitas1977

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOOOVE this. I am nc40-nc42. Ive been looking for that perfect " weird colored lipstick " This looks HOT! I can rub it in w my finger for a modern lipstain look or put in on w a brush for a really dramatic look. Need to try it. It looks intimidating in the tube but applies just as you want it. Sheer or dramatic.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Sparkle0117

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I *love* this shade, it's a gorgeous purpley-pink and it's opaque in one coat. (LOVE the amplified cremes!) However, I recently purchased a cheapy lipstick on a whim at the supermarket - from LA Colors. It was .99 and the shade was Matte Lavender (or Lilac? - There's only ONE purple shade with MATTE in the title.) and it's VERY similar to Up the Amp PLUS it even smells like vanilla!!! Not an *exact* match, but when I put it on and asked Hubby to guess the shade, his response was, "Up the Amp?" So that made me happy. I didn't buy it for this reason as it did not look like UtA when I saw it in the store, only after I applied it. It doesn't last as long unless you use a primer, but you already use one or dont mind using one, this is a fabulous dupe!
Back to MAC's Up the Amp though, it's beautiful!! Imagine your typical lavender lipstick and then swirl in some light berry (think: Raspberry Sorbet) and viola! Perfect for cool toned beauties!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by didi123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can leave my house just wearing this lipstick on my face - and feel confident. Thats how good it looks! Love it to bits. Colour looks intimidating in the tube, but when I have it on - its just so pretty. However, be warned, it might not look good on all skin tones. Cos my friends tried it - and it does not look quite right on them. So please make sure you try it before purchasing.

When I apply it with a lip pencil (Mac Soar) and lip gloss over (Mac Preppy) - this lipstick is the best!

However, be warned that if you have yellowish teeth, this color will make your teeth appear even more yellow.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart5015

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I thought that this would be more of a purple color when I bought it. Turns more mauvey on my lips though. Prettier when swatched, not as pretty when applied. BUT..this color can be changed up with other colors and glosses. So I do enjoy experimenting with it. Wanted something more purple though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 More reviews by piratecaptain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

BEST COLOR EVER!!!!! Looks so freaking good on. it is so flattering, bright (but not over the top somehow), wearable for day or night. I cant believe I didn't already own this, I am so excited about it!

I can't believe it exists: a bright gorgeous magenta that looks somehow neutral, but it's true.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by pslovetoshop

LOVE LOVE LOVE this. Its a purpley-pink color. It provides full coverage and loooks absolutely gorgeous on the lips. HIGHLY recommend this!!!! Think this color would suit a wide range of skin tones. One of my all time fav MAC lippies. Definately re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 6:03:00 AM More reviews by blich10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this color! It's a perfect "look at me" lipstick without being crazy bright. It's definitely a color you can layer or blot for a more intense or subdued look. I love that this is an amplified creme as well. Overall, I would definitely purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 7:27:00 AM More reviews by elat33179

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is now my favorite MAC l/s. The color is a gorgeous, lavender "notice me" color, but it can easily be worn in the day time as well as evening.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by shirl195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

ok. so i was going to buy up the amp bc i love lilac/lavender lipsticks but to my astonishment, it was a a very wearable purple berry that had buildable coverage. it was very flattering on my skintone bc i am a medium-dark olive toned asian and purplish hues look good against the coolness of my skintone. however, i swear if you want a cheaper dupe, look at NYC's BERRY RICH. EXACT same color. and it only cost $1.99! maybe after i run out of nyc, i might get this bc i love the scent of this and im sure the formula is very moisturizing. but for now, berry rich does the exact same thing for cheaper

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No