October 24, 2014 | 1810 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED & REFORMULATED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

when i found this foundation, i really wanted to Love it. because it combines foundation and sunblock, so i don't need to apply sunblock other than foundation. But unfortunately it's not right for me.

i tried sample. it feels cakey & greesy and it make my skin looks fake and scaly.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by CutieFruity

YAY! HG!!!! I bought the SPF 30 as they dont sell SPF 42 here (apparently that is the standard in Australia, which is ironic considering we have one of the highest rates of skin cancer in the world). But that wasn't why I got it.

It is long lasting, doesn't oil up, medium coverage (doesn't look like youre wearing foundation), water proof (I go to the beach a lot), looks great indoors/outdoors, semi-matt finish, AND it is the right tone for my skin! Brands such as Lancome look too pink on my skin, although I loooove their teint idole ultra and will wear that when pictures are involved. I wonder if this is available without the SPF? Then I'll have one for day and one for evening and be set to go (although there is nothing wrong with this in the evening except the white-out issue with flash photography).

Just one thing:
    I have tried wearing a number of powders over this just for the sake of it, but they dont seem to work. I dont know why. But you dont need it anyway so that is not a problem at all.

Best of all, it only cost me $57 australian compared to lancome $88!
    And the SA was very helpful and threw in a huge bag of samples =P

I'M SO HAPPY!

EDIT*** Too drying in winter of course, so I'm using Dior Nude for now. I will repurchase in a few months.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Medea24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The idea of this is perfect. It's like ELDW w/ all of the sunscreen that you want EL to have. Unfortunately, with all of that sunscreen comes a bit of the dreaded shine that a physical SS gives you. Otherwise, this is an amazing med/full coverage foundation. It blends well and stays all day. For regular daytime use, I'll stick to a regular SS and EL foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by MsAshleyCrim

My ultimate summer foundation. I wish I had found this earlier in life! I love the high SPF level, the water resistance and the natural matte finish. I was surprised at how great the coverage was considering it is such a thin formulation. Felt completely lightweight on my face and lasted all day. The foundation did a great job controlling my oily skin as well. Definitely happy I found this foundation, and would repurchase in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Plagueofhamsters

This is my favorite foundation! I wear this in SP10 and I'm roughly an NC10/15 with a leaning toward more neutral than yellow. I'm extremely oily and I love how this foundation can make it through a work day for me! I don't rely completely on this for SPF unless it's late evening or I'm going to be outside for less than 10 minutes or so, not because I don't trust it, but because I don't believe you can apply enough to get the full SPF 42 without it being extremely heavy. I've never had breakout issues with this, it gives me an excellent medium to full coverage without being heavy or looking cakey (People tell me my skin looks nice when I wear this!) and it's just all around perfect. I've already repurchased this and intend on doing it again.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Shade = #30
    Skintype = Combo (winter) / oily (summer), acne-prone, sensitive, perioral dermatitis-prone

***UPDATE 12/10*** I wasn't sure if I could continue using this wonderful foundation come winter, but I'm thrilled to be able to say that it's been working beautifully here on the East Coast! I do need to wear a moisturizer under it (in the Summer I can skip it), but other than that it's perfection. No dryness or flaking. Since it's oil-controlling, I have rarely needed to blot this winter.

***Original Review***
    Soft-matte, glowy perfection! This foundation is definitely my HG, with two moments that sealed the deal! The first was having it beautifully concur 100 degree weather during my Florida vacation. It was so incredibly hot and humid and I was perspiring like crazy. Thanks to the Shiseido, the sweat beaded up nicely (sorry for the TMI!) and I lightly blotted it away without disturbing my makeup. My skin looked fresh all day and into the night. It also survived the swimming pool!

The other was when two of my female coworkers on different days complemented me on my, "smooth", "fresh", and "glowy" complexion! This is huge given that my skin is far from perfect and I need foundation/concealer to cover up my old red marks and some slight acne scars.

To apply, I shake the bottle gently and with my finger tips I dot it on my t-zone and work outwards, applying more where needed. The coverage is light to medium and easily buildable. For extra hiding on blemishes I reach for my Px Camoflauge Cream Concealer in Y/O Light. The texture is thin, but not watery. I detect a slight fresh floral scent, reminiscent of Shiseido's TM and sunscreens. The scent is pretty light and fades quickly and doesn't bother my skin. I set it with Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Loose Powder in Pale Yellow for all day wear.

Since this foundation is VERY long-wearing/water and sweat resistant, it's super important to remove it completely every night to prevent breakouts. I highly recommend FANCL Mild Cleansing Oil, which does the job without causing irritation. My new HG! (www.fancl.com)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by cserannie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so glad I have found this foundation thanks to one of the youtube gurus. This is really a foundation I can love to death. It has a light coverage, gives me a semi matte finish and lasts all day. Didn't brake me out, nor made my skin oily. Sometimes people say that a foundation makes them oily, well I personally think that it is never the foundation but it's the lack of a good primer or moisturizer. I have oily skin and I have tried everything, even Milk of Magnesia that dried my skin out totally and gave mi the worst skin you can ever see. None of my foundation looked good on me. Than I changed into the 3 step Clinique system and bought a good primer and voilá. My skin looks great and Nars Sheer Glow, Mac Fix Fluid, Shisedo give me a flawless look. Maybe I need one touch up in the late afternoon that is all. Only one think is the catch with Shisedo: you never let anyone make a pictures while you're wearing it or say hello to "Casper"!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2010 9:47:00 AM More reviews by fornight

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't know why I got suck into buying this. Shiseido's foundation never seem to work on me in the past and maybe I secretly hope this will be exception.

I am an Asian chinese but one of the rare ones with red undertones more than yellow. I cannot wear yellow tone foundations because I look very sallow in them. For red tones, i need to be wary of oxidation which turns orange on me.

This product oxidises on me. All the raves about it being long lasting did not happen on me. I am indoors most of the time and yet it slides off my skin easily! I don't understand how it can manage to be long lasting outdoor under the hot humid weather in Singapore.

Completely regret getting it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by beu2fool

I found this foundation mediocre. I wanted to love it after seeing all these reviews as my skin is oily and I live in S Florida...but after just an hour I was oily and this was just walking around the house. When I decided to run to the stores, I was an oil slick when I got home. Even my 3 year old asked me why I was so shiny. I ended up returning this. It seems that Nars sheer glow over my MAC spf50 protect is the only way to stay fresh looking all day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by pinknika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really really wanted to like this foundation but after a week, I decided to return it. I was looking to replace my Clinique foundation, the new "acne solutions" one, because of the reformulation and being that this is supposed to be water resistant, sweat proof, yada yada I gave this a try.

My skin is really oily and acne prone. Usually with the Clinique foundation I can go about 8 hours and not have any oily areas on my face. It's really matte and so thats what I was looking for.

This foundation is not really matte at all and when I applied it, it almost has a slight slight tacky feeling, like regular foundation. The coverage was a little light for me and I had to apply more to really cover my acne red marks. I applied my foundation at 2 p.m and wanted to experiment with it and work through the night (I work til 2 a.m most nights) when I came home, I looked like an oily mess and you could visibly see all my red spots. I tried it again this time applying it later in the evening and working til 2. Same thing. A lot of it migrated everywhere and it just looked bad.

I really needed a long lasting foundation because when I work, I am waayy too busy to touch up with powder and touch up my makeup. So the hunt goes on for a new matte like foundation that controls oil and all that good stuff. The only reason why I'd like to replace my Clinique is because of the reformulation, it's just not the same as their old "clarifying" foundation but it still manages to out perform this foundation by far.