Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

3.9

Petroleum Distillates, C8 9 Isoparaffin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Water (Aqua), Synthetic Beeswax, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Propylene Carbonate, Polyvinyl Laurate, Silica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Methylparaben, Isoceteth 20, Lecithin, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl/Methacrylate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Simethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Carmine (CI 75470) (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77299 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)

on 12/16/2012 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite everyday mascara. It is the best drugstore mascara I have used for just everyday daytime use. It holds the curl, it doesnt smudge, and it actually adds a little volume and length. It's not as dramatic as other volumizing mascara but like I said it's a really good day time mascara and it's relatively inexpensive.

on 11/13/2012 7:16:00 PM

I'm so annoyed that Maybelline doesn't sell this product in Canada anymore! I've been using this in between trying different mascaras for the past 3 years and I always come back to this. I've always had issue with waterproof mascaras making my lashes too hard and brittle so I fell in love when I first started using this mascara because it really does leave your lashes very soft. It may not provide as much volume as some other mascaras do, e.g. CoverGirl Lash Blast, but it does a really good job at defining and lengthening - providing a tad of volume, but not much if you're looking for the dramatic false lashes look.

The formula is perfect as it isn't too wet or too dry, but dries quickly after application. It's also easily buildable if you want to add more coats but I usually find that one coat is more than enough for me. Just FYI I have Asian lashes that are long but not very full and require waterproof to hold my curl.

I was in the States a few months ago and spotted that they still sold this mascara in their drugstores, so I stocked up. But if anyone knows where I can buy this mascara in Canada, please contact me and let me know!

on 11/10/2012 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I only use two mascaras- a super intense one for special occasions, and Full N Soft for everyday :)
I originally bought it in summer when I was going to the beach because this is waterproof, and when I tried it I just LOVED how it enhanced my lashes but still looked pretty natural. I've been using it ever since then! If you don't like overly done lashes, then this mascara is for you :)

on 10/24/2012 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I'm so sad. I have sparse, thin, wimpy lashes and have been searching high and low for the perfect mascara. I found it in this one. Hands down the best I've tried yet...so you can imagine how my heart sank when I looked in the mirror an hour after applying only to find the mascara smeared underneath my eyes. IT RUNS SO BAD, PEOPLE. SO. BAD. Isn't it supposed to be waterproof? I do have oily lids but...it's supposed to be waterproof. I even tried not putting any on the bottom lashes and it STILL ran. Guess I just gotta keep hunting. Full 'n Soft lengthened and volumized without clumps, and for dirt cheap. I'm wondering if it's the vitamin E they added? Either way, I'm really disappointed.

on 10/11/2012 6:16:00 AM

Pretty much one total waste of money. I have average lashes, and this did absolutely nothing in the way of either thickening or lengthing, In fact, it did nothing at all even after 3 coats.. I got the blackest black, and I saw no change in my lashes at all, It was as if there was no mascara on the brush, Nothing, I dipped the wand a few times, and tested it on a kleenex....there was mascara there, but it was very thin, I didn't want thick goopy mascara, and I liked the full and soft idea, but this is worse then nothing, Don't bother with it unless you have wonderous lashes and don't need mascara.

on 9/17/2012 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I just tried it out on one eye, and it's definitely the best mascara i've ever used. i even was able to use it on my bottom lashes (2 coats!) no clumping, no streaking. the consistency is very lightweight, so it will not weigh down your lashes, they still do feel soft. it separates and coats every single individual lash, dries very quickly, and does not irritate my eyes! i'm very very happy.

on 9/15/2012 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

As a staunch waterproof mascara opponent, I never thought I would love this mascara! I bought it for a trip to the beach and was pleasantly surprised by the length and definition it gave my lashes. I have naturally long lashes that stick straight out, and this mascara holds a curl all day. It also didn't smudge, flake, or run when worn to the beach and on hot, humid days. The only cons are that it doesn't provide much in the way of volume and the tube dries out fairly quickly. As for removal, I had no trouble removing it completely with an oil-based eye makeup remover. I will definitely repurchase this mascara for next summer, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a natural lengthening mascara that will last all day long.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

See my review on the regular version of this mascara - this is exactly the same (obviously) except its waterproof.
What are the differences when you use the waterproof version? No smudges in hot humid weather (I wore this in Bali), your lashes will stick straight up all day.
Cons: if you value your lashes you really need to take this off at the end of the day because it can be damaging.
I will often go to bed with makeup on because I get super tired. There is no problem doing this with the regular version but with the waterproof version you will find that a few days of doing this your lashes will be shorter and you will lose a few. They'll be thinner overall as well.
But this is because its a harsher product. It is one which will 'set' in a manner of speaking i.e. you curl your lashes and then apply this and it will stay that way until its off! Lashes will not droop at all. I have gotten comments on it.
No flaking with this though!

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

on 8/13/2012 3:39:00 PM

12 years & counting my go to mascara!!!!

on 8/8/2012 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not a fan of this though I think Maybelline mascaras are the best drugstore mascaras on the market right now. This hardly holds the curl for me and it doesn't give me enough volume..very little. It does make lashes soft but it just looks "blah" on me and doesn't make my eyes stand out in anyway or look any bigger. Btw, I have short straight asian lashes. I always have to wear waterproof and I find that this did smudge. My HG is Maybelline Turbo Boost in the black and red tube.