April 19, 2014 | 1880 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by oooHUNTRESSooo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is a very nice product overall. although it is designed for oily skin, it doesn't dry it out. nevertheless, i still need a moisturizer after this because i have dehydrated skin. also, i think it helped clear my acne problem, but only slightly. i don't have that squeaky clean feeling after using this gel because it does not contain soap, which i like very much. the bottle contains 200 ml of product, which lasts cca 3 months, and i use it religiously, once in the morning, and twice at night to take off my makeup. the only downside is that it takes a lot of massaging to take off all my foundation (i use a different product to remove eye makeup). admittedly, i do use shiseido's spf foundation daily, which is waterproof and relatively long lasting, but sometimes it's a pain to spend several minutes massaging this gel into my face and then repeating the process to get my whole makeup off. other than that, i really can't think of any negative aspects of this product. do, if you do not wear foundation, or wear a light one, this is a wonderful product.
oh, and it causes absolutely no irritation or breakouts on my skin

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2011 6:25:00 AM More reviews by Audny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this cleanser on recommandation of my dermatologist who said that I had combination oily skin. I personaly didn't believe to have oily skin as I don't really show the symptoms of it but as no product really worked on me and beiing desperate I thought I had nothing to lose if I gave it a try.
That was one of the best decisions I've made lately :), my skin looks more even en bright I'm really happy as to how it goes untill now.
The packaging is for me a bit annoying with the turn head on the bottle, I always have to clean the bottle after using it. It's a green/blueish gel that becomes milky while lathering it in your hands with water. Feels very gentle on the face and washes of easely. I don't have a thight feeling afterwards but my skin does feel a little bit harsh, after applying moisturizer it feels great. But as I said my face looks a lot more radiant and even and I haven't seen new pimpels come out.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by sexonthebeach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Irritated my skin in little red bumps.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by hepcat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I adore this product! It effectively and gently cleans my skin, which is great because I have been looking for a gentle, anti-acne cleanser to use in conjunction with my prescribed acne creams. This cleanser is great because it doesn't irritate my skin as my previous cleanser did, and leaves a refreshed, clean feeling as opposed to a taut, squeaky feeling. I reccommend this to anyone who needs an effective, non-irritating anti-acne cleanser to use with their topical anti-acne products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good cleanser, but not great on my skin. It does not make my skin worse, but not better either. I think maybe this is too harsh for me, and I do not want to strip my skin completely. Now that the weather gets colder, this is too drying. Also the bottle last only a few months, and it's quite expensive.

On the other hand it does a fantastic job of removing make-up. The best makeup-remover I've ever tried actually! And it smells good and is really refreshing in the summer!

I am a little bit on the fence with this one.
Maybe I will try this again in the spring..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by JackieOoh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

OMH HOOOOOOOLY GRAIL,i had veeeeeeeeeery persistence acne,and this soap it self make it disapear!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by ciaobellakate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I switched to the Cleanance line after a bad acne flare-up about a year ago that occured for no obvious reason.
At the time I was using Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser which did nothing for me, especially in terms of sebum control.
It cleanses without being harsh, but removes makeup and oil buildup perfectly. A happy medium between the too-gentle Cetaphil and most anti-acne cleansers that will literally strip your acid mantle off your face.
Using a decent anti-acne cleanser marketed for sensitive skins is one of the best things you can do for your acne.
Only problem with this product is that it costs $22 AUD for about 200ml? I think, which does not last me long at all. 1-2 months at most.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by aguskl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have dry skin but oily T-zone with occasion breakout. My derm recommend Cetaphil but I hate it, so she recommend this instead.
I'm my 2nd bottle now, it's gentle, non drying but cleanse well. Love it.
Update: just bought my fourth bottle, i try to change to other cleanser and my face was a wreck, after i switch back to avene my face is clear again, I did not expect cleanser can make a difference. HOLY GRAIL

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 7:31:00 AM More reviews by vlui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute most favorite cleanser! Ive been using this for a while now and have re-purchased about 3 times! i have really oily skin which is prone to breakouts now and again, this cleanser is gentle and makes my skin feel so nice after ive cleansed, ive had problems with my acne for the past couple of years and this has reduced and calmed it down so much. my skin is also slightly sensitve so if i use a stronger cleanser, i get a horrible reaction, go red and blotchy for days and breakout painfully. ive tried a ton of other products and nothing has worked as wonderfully as this one.
for a student who doesnt earn much, this product was really expensive for me, but its seriously the best so i'll get it anyway. love this cleanser!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by AlyssaJD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I hate the packaging but for traveling its great. Blue gel is nice because you can see it better on the wash cloth. I wouldnt say this is a foaming cleanser because it dosnt foam well on my clairisonic or washcloth but with just your hands it foams decent. It removes everything, and dosnt bother my eyes at all which is rare. Even my organic body wash and johnstons babywash bothers my eyes (no tears my @$$) anyways... It improved my acne, but it didnt get ride of it but it is the first to ever help, and i am thrilled! My skin isnt dry after but a bit tight, but i dont have oily skin, just combination so i cant use it as a con. The only thing i dont like about it is that it dosnt foam great (it dosnt say it should tho so i can knock a lippie for that) and the lid is cool, but a pain for everyday use. Fix the lid Avene and i would give it 5 stars! I wanna try the foaming one next. Avene is a great brand and i think it might be my HG face care brand!!