July 29, 2014 | 1630 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Kiehl's - Ultimate Strength Hand Salve

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2004 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Mariolina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this cream at my local Neiman-Marcus, a couple of days ago. I have been developing some kind of annoying rash on both of my hands, which causes them to be extremely dry and itchy. I have tried countless products but none of them seemed to really do the trick.
And then I received a sample of this hand salve from a wonderful MUAer. I tried it on and I felt immediate relief. I wasn't sure it would be effective though..after all some of the other creams I had tried before gave me quick relief but didn't last long. Unfortunately the sample last me only a couple of days, so I went and bought my own tube of this.
I have been using it for almost a week now and I am pretty satisfied with the results so far.
First of all, it has gotten rid of the redness. It has also taken care of the dry patches and the itchiness is also going down too. My hands are not completely healed yet but Kiehl's has been a great great help. I don't use any other hand creams now...at least not for now.
The only downside to this product is the fact that you have to reapply it everytime after you've washed your hands, and since I wash mine very very often, I'm afraid this tube might not last me long.
The scent is pleasant and subtle (it smells like eucalyptus...extremely pleasant!), but it's a scent that vanishes quickly..so for those of you who hate menthol scents, don't worry...it'll go away very quickly..
The texture is very thick and luxurious...and yet it is not greasy!
A wonderful product...a real gem! This is one product I will keep buying over and over again!
Great price too! I can't remember how many oz it is, but it's 75ml for about $11. The biggest size (I think it's twice as big or slightly less maybe) it's about $18...great prices for a unique and effective product! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2004 2:44:00 PM More reviews by kathrynhayes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A very moisturizing hand cream that absorbs quickly despite its thick consistency. Not greasy at all! I could do without the slight eucalyptus scent, but it doesn't last very long. I am very impressed how quickly this product soaks in and leaves my hands soft and moisturized without a greasy afterfeel. They should have named this cream "Not Greasy at All" instead of their other hand cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2004 12:12:00 PM More reviews by sweetsmell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

An excellent hand cream, it absorbs very quickly and leaves your hands smooth and moisturized. There is also a mild, pleasant scent of Eucalyptus (but fear not, it does not dry your hands) that fades after application. Comes in two sizes, both generous (and of course, Kiehls will always give you samples to try it out first). It's a little hard to find; many stores were claiming you would have to go on a "waiting list" until they got in new stock. Go to the Kiehls store or order from the website, they always have it in stock!