April 17, 2014 | 1703 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Building Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 11:46:00 AM More reviews by pinkdiamonds29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'd like to start off by saying this is the only lash primer I will ever use. The price is reasonable, at $13USD. When applied, the primer goes on evenly and smoothly, as I've noticed others don't go on that evenly, at least not for me. Upon application my lashes are instantly thicker, longer, and more voluminous. At first I was worried how other mascaras that weren't Clinique would layer over this [somehow I though Clinique's were "specially formulated" to work w/ this? lol] and there were no problems! My other mascaras which include "Flirt! Far Out Lengthing", "Estee Lauder Magnascopic[which is amazing btw!]", and "Max Factor Lash Perfection" paired perfectly and absolutely agreed with the primer. This is definitely HG material. Oh! I forgot to mention that it has special "botanical[?]" properties which nourish dry lashes, that's definitely a plus! Also lasts long and the bottle doesn't dry out quickly=] I'd recommend in a heart beat!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2008 6:48:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaCB

This really works well with any mascara, it adds a lot of length and really made each individual lash look thicker (I still had to use an eyelash comb as I experienced slight clumping not too bad though). The reason why I don't use this anymore though is because it completely undoes the curl from my lashes!! The main reason why I use primer is to help hold the curl and this totally unfurls it. It made my lashes a little heavy too which may be why they went back to strait with this.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2007 7:58:00 PM More reviews by kybert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was using Shiseido's primer but I wanted to find a more smoother and less irritating formula. The clinique primer was smoother and less irritating but it took every single bit of the curl out! My lashes aren't even naturally dead straight yet this made them droop like crazy. It's a real shame, it would be a great primer if it wasn't for this problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2007 8:47:00 PM More reviews by erotic_snail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been on the search for my HG mascara for some time now, when I use this product I feel like I'm there.
You apply it as you would any normal mascara, it goes on clearly except for the tips of my eyelashes which it makes white.
I have long, yet fine blonde lashes - so this is an absolute godsend. Mascara never usually picks up the fine tips - using this does though, gives me the longest lashes I've ever had.
I used to have to apply a million coats to get the desired look, now I use much less mascara and as a result - much less eye make up remover, my night time routine is a whole lot less messy!
It is fantastic for boosting volume too - the main reason I use it.
There is one minus and that is packaging, it functions as it should but in terms of aesthetics - after just over a month of use the metallic font has come off the tube completely. It hasn't been stored in any harsh circumstances and I feel that given the product only has a shelf life of three months the packaging should at least last THAT long!
Aside from that definitely recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2007 9:16:00 PM More reviews by mcrain78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have really fine, thin lashes and have tried all kinds of things to make my lashes fuller and appear more defined. This product definitely works! When I use this product before my mascara, but after curling them, my lashes definitely appear longer and WAY more defined. I am a believer! lol I will definitely be buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2007 7:22:00 AM More reviews by SinfullyGirly

I am really liking this product. The brush is nice and easy to use. I find it most beneficial to use on my lower lashes which are really sparse, short and fine. I use this primer and let it dry than apply mascara as normal. The primer makes my lashes way fuller and gives the mascara something to grab onto. I have alos found it adds staying power for my mascara which would usually smudge. Will definately repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2007 10:55:00 PM More reviews by trinhn04

I tried this product based on reviews.. but I have asian lashes and this takes the curl right out.. Another con is that when you're finished putting one coat on you have white eyelash on the tips.. not recommended for asian eyelashes.. I will be returning this..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 11:29:00 PM More reviews by CImbr916

I love this stuff. It makes my lashes look ten times longer which is good considering I've burnt most of mine off on windy days with a lighter. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 8:22:00 PM More reviews by LKirsten

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For eye lashes, nothing beats Shiseido. But for the price, Clinique isn't bad. The texture is a little thin, and Smashbox is my #2 choice after Shiseido. I actually use the Clinique on my invisible thin brows to give the brow powder something to cling to. Works like a dream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2007 2:50:00 AM More reviews by ashmiaka

i couldn't decide how i felt about this primer for the longest time - until i had a scarring experience which pushed this straight into the negative island. while trying to *gently* pinch off the over-extended tip on a lash after using this primer, an entire clump of lashes came right out from the base. i screeched, cursed, and immediately started using ardell. luckily, the lashes grew back in a few weeks... but the fear of this primer hasn't gone away. i still use this primer (because i hate to waste)... VERY CAREFULLY. it lengthens ok and adds a little volume, making less than average mascaras look slightly better. unfortunately, it flattens a curl... unevely i might add. and i don't dare re-curl after applying mascara. i haven't had any more lash displacements, thank goodness. i won't be buying this again though.