October 24, 2014 | 1877 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Building Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by julieboron

This mascara primer is a great product at a great price. I've used other (more expensive) mascara primers before and this one is just as good and costs less! Some times more is on the mascara brush than you need, but if you are careful not to apply any clumpy portions of the mascara brush to your lashes, you will get very nice coverage that makes your mascara look great when you apply it leading to longer, fuller lashes. If you've never used a mascara primer before, you need to wait around 30 seconds to apply your mascara - - you don't wait too long so that the primer is completely dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 4:47:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh boy oh boy this primer ROCKS!!! This beats every other primer I've ever tried hands down it's better than MAC and even better than Shiseido imo. It gave me more volume, length and lushness than even Shiseido did and definitely much better than MAC! It also didn't have those little fibres that sometimes bothered me on the Shiseido primer. I found the MAC primer to be clumpville big time but this Clinique one never clumps. It just goes on so smooth and easy, no irritation or irritating fibres or clumps or white clots, just smooth lushness. I found the secret to be in letting it dry before putting on the mascara, I discovered this by accident, I was using the primer on right eye primer on left eye mascara on right eye mascara on left eye method, as described by a helpful reviewer below, however I only got as far as the mascara on right eye part, then I got distracted by something and forgot all about mascara on left eye. When I remembered and I returned to put mascara on left eye I noticed that of course the primer was all dry. I put on the mascara anyways and wooooweeeeee! I was so amazed! I have puny inexistent Asian lashes so something must be really exceptional to make me notice them. This was so obviously noticeable, there was a HUGE enormous difference between the right eye (where I had applied about 100 coats of mascara over wet primer) and the left eye (where I had only applied one single coat of mascara over dry primer), the lashes on the left eye looked so much more enormous than the ones on the right eye, even with only one coat of mascara, that I refrained from applying any more coats (even though I habitually shovel on about 100 coats) lest I ended up resembling the guy from A Clockwork Orange! I continued to be amazed throughout the day whenever I accidentally happened to catch a view of myself passing some mirror somewhere, what amazing lashes! I know from now on that's the way to go! Love love love this primer, I will always have it. It's fairly cheap too, compared to the other 2 primers I've mentioned, no more shelling out a mini fortune for Shiseido! By the way I used it with Clinique mascaras because I have baby eyes that are allergic to everything and they're not allergic to Clinique, but I'm sure it would work with any mascara (as long as, unlike me, you're not allergic to them, of course).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 11:46:00 AM More reviews by pinkdiamonds29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'd like to start off by saying this is the only lash primer I will ever use. The price is reasonable, at $13USD. When applied, the primer goes on evenly and smoothly, as I've noticed others don't go on that evenly, at least not for me. Upon application my lashes are instantly thicker, longer, and more voluminous. At first I was worried how other mascaras that weren't Clinique would layer over this [somehow I though Clinique's were "specially formulated" to work w/ this? lol] and there were no problems! My other mascaras which include "Flirt! Far Out Lengthing", "Estee Lauder Magnascopic[which is amazing btw!]", and "Max Factor Lash Perfection" paired perfectly and absolutely agreed with the primer. This is definitely HG material. Oh! I forgot to mention that it has special "botanical[?]" properties which nourish dry lashes, that's definitely a plus! Also lasts long and the bottle doesn't dry out quickly=] I'd recommend in a heart beat!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2008 6:48:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaCB

This really works well with any mascara, it adds a lot of length and really made each individual lash look thicker (I still had to use an eyelash comb as I experienced slight clumping not too bad though). The reason why I don't use this anymore though is because it completely undoes the curl from my lashes!! The main reason why I use primer is to help hold the curl and this totally unfurls it. It made my lashes a little heavy too which may be why they went back to strait with this.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2007 7:58:00 PM More reviews by kybert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was using Shiseido's primer but I wanted to find a more smoother and less irritating formula. The clinique primer was smoother and less irritating but it took every single bit of the curl out! My lashes aren't even naturally dead straight yet this made them droop like crazy. It's a real shame, it would be a great primer if it wasn't for this problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2007 8:47:00 PM More reviews by erotic_snail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been on the search for my HG mascara for some time now, when I use this product I feel like I'm there.
You apply it as you would any normal mascara, it goes on clearly except for the tips of my eyelashes which it makes white.
I have long, yet fine blonde lashes - so this is an absolute godsend. Mascara never usually picks up the fine tips - using this does though, gives me the longest lashes I've ever had.
I used to have to apply a million coats to get the desired look, now I use much less mascara and as a result - much less eye make up remover, my night time routine is a whole lot less messy!
It is fantastic for boosting volume too - the main reason I use it.
There is one minus and that is packaging, it functions as it should but in terms of aesthetics - after just over a month of use the metallic font has come off the tube completely. It hasn't been stored in any harsh circumstances and I feel that given the product only has a shelf life of three months the packaging should at least last THAT long!
Aside from that definitely recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2007 9:16:00 PM More reviews by mcrain78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have really fine, thin lashes and have tried all kinds of things to make my lashes fuller and appear more defined. This product definitely works! When I use this product before my mascara, but after curling them, my lashes definitely appear longer and WAY more defined. I am a believer! lol I will definitely be buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2007 7:22:00 AM More reviews by SinfullyGirly

I am really liking this product. The brush is nice and easy to use. I find it most beneficial to use on my lower lashes which are really sparse, short and fine. I use this primer and let it dry than apply mascara as normal. The primer makes my lashes way fuller and gives the mascara something to grab onto. I have alos found it adds staying power for my mascara which would usually smudge. Will definately repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2007 10:55:00 PM More reviews by trinhn04

I tried this product based on reviews.. but I have asian lashes and this takes the curl right out.. Another con is that when you're finished putting one coat on you have white eyelash on the tips.. not recommended for asian eyelashes.. I will be returning this..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 11:29:00 PM More reviews by CImbr916

I love this stuff. It makes my lashes look ten times longer which is good considering I've burnt most of mine off on windy days with a lighter. :)