Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam

3.9

Water, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Sorbitol, Dipropylene Glycol, Lauric Acid, PEG-60 Gyceryl Isostearate, PEG-32, PEG-6, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Fragrance, Trisodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Limonene, Serine, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Tocopherol

on 12/21/2007 1:34:00 AM

TOO dry for my skin. It was even summer.
My skin is even rarely dry during winter.. Way too dry.

on 12/14/2007 12:59:00 AM

this product did whiten my skin, i'm asian .. removes makeup and dirt off face well however i did find a problem with this product. it caused breakouts on my forehead and temples, which has never happened before.

on 11/29/2007 1:04:00 PM

Perhaps I'm the only one who doesn't like this cleanser. First, it's insanely expensive, CDN$48 before tax. Second, although a tiny product produces nice foams enough for the whole face, and it feels smooth, it doesn't cleanse well. I saw more brown residuals on facial cotton than with other cleansers, and I suspect it cause me to breakout. My skin looks worse ever since I start using this product. Before I used Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild in conjection with Shiseido Brightening Softener Light and Brightening Moisturizing Emulsion. I like the other products in the White Lucent line, they're very gentle, non-irritating, but this one, I don't know. Third, the seal on the package is nonsense. It's not a real seal like those on the other products. There's this tiny strip on the lid which is not even sticky, just pretended the product's being sealed. I don't mind no seal on cleansers, but if do a seal, please make it a real one. This annoys me, no repurchase.
EDIT 7/25/08 I have to bring it to 4 lippies considered how long it lasts. I have been using it once a day for over 6 months and I barely used up one third, and I found it non-irritating now, but the WL Brightening Moisturizing Emulsion and the Gel, especially the latter, irritates.

on 11/24/2007 10:37:00 PM

I love this! A really tiny lil pea-size lathers into a thick foam for your face. ^_^

I have sensitive combo-acne prone (oily t-zone / dry cheeks) skin and do not break out!

I bought this on sale and stocked up! Contact me as I'd be happy to share the love for $35 cdn (no tax).

on 11/8/2007 1:59:00 AM

I am in LOVE with this cleanser! I have acne prone oily skin, this cleanser helped brighten complexion and doesnt make my skin break out. Does an excellent job taking off make up. I first got it as a sample, I loved it so much I bought it right away. This is better than any other cleanser I have used. Best cleanser ever.

on 10/26/2007 3:35:00 AM

This cleanser does a good job in taking off my makeup, but it does leave a little bit behind (which I can tell when I use my toner with a cotton pad). I like how it is gentle and does not feel harsh. You only need to use a pea amount to get a big amount of foam. I think mine lasted me about a year!

I don't know if my skin has gotten any lighter from using it, but I would like to think that way.

If you have money, go ahead and buy this. As for me, I will keep using this (even though I don't like the price) because I can't find any other cleanser to replace it.

on 10/26/2007 1:18:00 AM

I bought this because I was trying the Lucent line and I read that you're supposed to try the entire whitening line if you want to show any whitening results. The foam is good - it does the job of cleaning but it's nothing special. Again, it didn't harm my skin but it didn't do much more than that.

on 10/17/2007 3:30:00 AM

It is good.. After I washed, it felt really brighten and clean...I do know, Shiseido white lucent system are good for me. Except for the night lotion, I bought the wrong product.After I used for 3 days every night, my face havd a few acne..So I droped it away. Finally, I changed to GEL,that is really nice.Absorb really fast!!! Better than night lotion.

on 9/24/2007 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the best cleansing foam in the world..It makes my skin squeaky clean w/o drying me out. Like everyone in here, I would say u just need a tiny bit and it foams up very nicely..and thats how it lasts for so long i bought it 7 months back and right now its not even half empty(honestly) i use it twice daily..i dont know about the whitening properties but it does brighten me up..all in all i really like it, my whole skin care regimen is from white lucent now....

on 8/27/2007 2:30:00 AM

I got a couple samples of this from buying at a Shiseido counter a few months ago. I recently started using this in conjunction with my DHC Deep Cleansing Oil instead of Basis Cleaner Clean Face Wash, and I absolutely love it! It takes less than a pea-sized amount to lather up to a thick, luxurious foam and washes off very easily. My skin is left clean and glowing. The scent is very pleasant, too. I haven't been using this long enough to judge its whitening properties (nor have I enough samples left to judge it accurately), but I'll be buying the full size bottle soon, and I can only hope it whitens as well as it cleans.

EDIT 9/28/07: Well, I've had the full-sized bottle for a couple weeks now, and I still absolutely love this cleansing foam - my skin is so glowy and beautiful now, I don't think I'll ever change cleansers. I actually look forward to washing my face at night - a pump of cleansing oil followed by this cleanser makes for the perfect cleansing regimen.