L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 12/28/2014 3:00:00 PM

Unfortunately, I can't find a tone of this foundation that matches my skin. I've tried the D2 and W3 and none of them was close to my skin tone. I have fair skin and I am an NW20 in MAC (although I will go and ask the assistants to re-check my tone and hopefully buy a new studio fix foundation). I like the finish and the texture of the foundation,it gives you a nice coverage and it is buildable, and doesn't look cakey. If you find a shade that's right for you, definitely give it a go.

on 12/27/2014 12:34:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great foundation. Not only are there 20 shades, but it also recognizes undertones. Also the added benefit of having SPF (17). The finish is matt to natural, so it doesn't shine for people that are oily. The coverage is amazing, and completely adjustable. I do one layer on my face and let it set, then come back and do my cheeks. I'd say that it last about five hours (no primer/ setting powder) and then it needs a touch up, but keep in mind I do gym at school! The formula is very blend able and works beautifully with a foundation brush or fingers. But the key to success with this product is understanding you're undertone. It is just as important as getting the right shade! If you don't know what undertone you have (warm, cool, or neutral) here are some easy tips to try: people that look best in gold, have a warm undertone. Those who look best in silver have a cool undertone. Another rule of thumb is to look a your wrist. If you're veins are blue you have a cool undertone. Green veins signal a warm undertone. If you're somewhere in between, then you have a neutral undertone.

on 12/26/2014 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use the shade classic tan, I believe. I kinda like this product, I don't hate neither do I love it. This product blends in nicely, but not the best. It also stays on for a good 6-7 hours, but I've used better. It also has a nice, in the middle of matte and shiny finish. But it ends up patchy on my skin which isn't nice at all.
I will not be repurchasing, sorry.

on 12/25/2014 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I didn't love this foundation but I didn't hate it. I put it in using a dry cosmetic sponge and I was able to build up to an *almost* full coverage. It went on quite nicely, matched me very well (I wore Alabaster.) it is very blendable, I can't dispute the products claim. I liked how it was heavy and didn't have a really bad scent. I was impressed with the Dewey/matte finish, I can't quite explain it. It had a nice "glow" but didn't look oily or super fake like some matte finishes. I did like it at first but then I noticed how oily and greasy my face felt about 4 hours later. I tend to only need to touch my makeup up once a day with my usual foundation, but this was hard to keep up with. And when I touched up I noticed a blotchiness around my nose and forehead. Really!? Definitely not used to that. It was like it was "melting" off of my face. If I did wear this again, it would only be for an afternoon out running errands. Also- no pump. Although for about $9, I guess I got what I paid for.

on 12/25/2014 7:17:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I don't usually use drugstore foundations because, unfortunately, where I live we only get the medium shades. However, a L'oreal store opened in the city and to my surprise, they carry the lightest shades. Even better, the whole true match range had a discount, so I bought the foundation and the matching powder.

My skin is very fair, kind of neutral but more on the yellow side. After discussing it with the SA I decided to buy N1 Ivory because she said it was the lightest (I use the European version, and seeing the swatches, it is indeed the lightest shade).
The shade is ok for my skin, but it definitely oxidizes on me. When I first put it on, it's very pale, even too pale (which is something I can never say!) but within 15-20 min it becomes a bit orangey. The foundation itself is quite runny and lightweight, and to me it has kind of a dry finish (as if it had some powder in it).

The reason why I rate this foundation with only 2 stars is because of the finish after a few hours, it becomes a blotchy mess. Even a close person to me told me the same thing. My skin is neither oily or dry, so I'm not sure what the problem is, I've tried it on it's own, with the matching powder and with another one (Estee Lauder Double Wear) and I still have the same proble. What a pity, I really wanted to love this foundation.

on 12/24/2014 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Medium-high coverage (My shade is N4). Very blendable. Perfect match. Looks natural, but any type of oily skin towards 4-5 it looks like a greasy oily mess! I even powdered! Great for Normal-Dry though. LOTS of shades to choose from, and in many different undertones.

on 12/19/2014 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am REALLY impressed with this foundation! I've honestly never tried a drugstore foundation that I was happy with, so I'm not sure what compelled me to try this, but it is everything most drugstore foundations aren't: skin-like finish, dry skin friendly, good shade range, easy to blend. The finish is not quite dewy but it's definitely not matte either. I'd call it a satin. Coverage is light, but buildable to medium. If you like high coverage this is not for you. If you like a matte finish, this could work, but you'll need powder on top of it. It doesn't emphasize any dullness or fine lines at all for me (I don't have much, if any flakiness so can't comment on that). It isn't the most transfer-free or long lasting foundation, but setting powder will help. It comes in cool, neutral, and warm undertones, but the cool ones lean really pink, the neutral ones are more neutral-cool, and the warm ones are neutral-warm. Also, this foundation does oxidize a little bit. It just deepens slightly, but does not turn orange. That said, if you're in between shades, go with the lighter one. I'm nc15-20 and I wear W2, which looks a but light going on but is perfect after 15 minutes or so. The lightest shades do go quite light. They look like they could be in the n5-10 range to me. The formula is really liquidy and easy to blend on skin. It's not one of those "quick setting" foundations so you have some time to work with it, and it won't go cakey on you. Though wear isn't the most impressive, the formula rivals any high end formula. My favorite is Armani Luminous Silk, but this is right up there too. In fact, I think I actually prefer it for every day use seeing as it's just a bit more skin-like. My only complaint is that I wish it came with a pump. Still, HIGHLY recommend this one.

on 12/17/2014 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This is probably one of the best cheaper foundations I've used. I have the version with a pump. The product is light and liquid but a little goes a long way when it comes to coverage, goes on smoothly and blends nicely into the skin. Stays on for about 5 hours on my skin when I have those "normal-skin-days". However, I avoid using this foundation when I have oily-days or have days when I know I need my foundation to stay all day without touching up.
I gives my skin a luminous and flawless finish, which is the reason why I love this foundation so much, and the color I have it in matches my skintone PERFECTLY unlike any other brands I've tried. I wish it had longer staying power and didn't make me shiny throughout the day.

on 12/17/2014 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have normal skin and love this foundation. It gives me a healthy, soft, natural finish. My favorite thing is that it doesn't oxidize on me. The coverage is medium and it can definitely be built into full with an extra layer, I apply a very small amount for daily use. There is no scent and the shade selection is really nice.

on 12/14/2014 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This foundation looks amazing when it is first applied, but throughout the day i feel like it just slides off and gets very blotchy around my whole face. I've tried so hard to like this but i just cant.

Video Reviews & Tutorials