December 18, 2014 | 1656 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by happifayce

I use this every night. It doesn't get all the makeup off, because after I use this I use an astringent, and there's a lot of makeup on my cotton pad. This is so refreshing. It keeps my skin clear and looking great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Gretchen76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I remember my mother using Noxzema on us kids when we were young as a cure for sunburn. She would have us slather ourselves in it and sit in front of our one large fan in our non air-conditioned apartment. It was always a staple in our house. Last night I was out and had a little too much of drinky-drink and woke up today with my face feeling like a giant greaseball. When I got home I dug out my good ole Noxzema and proceeded to clean my face- it was the best! My skin felt clean and tingly all over! Now I wonder why I have it hidden away and don't use this daily-will have to remedy this immediately!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by tinytim113

There's a reason why Noxzema has been around forever! This cream cleanser is such a classic- as much as I've tried to steer away and try other cleansers (high-end and drugstore), I keep going back to Noxzema. I love that it has menthol in it, which makes your skin feel tingly clean and fresh. I use it with my Clarisonic and each time I dry my face, my skin is happy. Can't be beat, especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

What more can be said about this stuff? It's a classic. I picked this up about a few weeks ago when I was desperate to try something new for my freaked-out face (very broken-out, oily, and just plain terrible). It was only FIVE BUCKS for a 12 OZ TUB. I still can't believe how much product you get for a Lincoln.
Alot of my favorite products are packaged in tubs, and the fact that this one is doesn't even register as annoying with me anymore. I LOVE the texture- very creamy and light (almost mousse-like, but a bit firmer) and easy to spread without being messy. If I don't want to dip my fingers into the tub I just use a spoon.
Once I have the cream in my hands, I slather it onto my face and go to town with my Olay Pro-X brush. No, this cream doesn't lather, but it doesn't need to in order to let you know that your face is getting clean beyond clean.The menthol effect isn't intense, either. It's modestly cooling, refreshing, and makes my skin babysoft with a bit of a healthy glow.
I've been using this cream every night since I purchased it (even on nights when I use a more intense scrub, I still use a bit to remove makeup before the scrub), and it hasn't failed me yet. It never dries my face out, and stays true to its functionality with each and every use. I get the feeling that my Pro-X brush might have something to do with this, but it's obviously worked for people who don't use a cleansing brush.
My skin has been looking and feeling so much more healthy, bright and smooth since I started using this cream. If your skin can handle menthol and other cooling sensations, try this. It's absolutely wonderful!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by JordanRene

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love noxzema. It has really helped my acne and it's gentle on the skin. I do miss the smell of the old formula, but the new one works, so that's the important part. I switch between Noxzema and Lard & Lye soap, but Noxzema always seems to be the best.

UPDATE: 12/15/12
Okay, so I've come to realize that this stuff didn't help my acne at all. It actually made it worse, but made it look better by leaving a layer that kind of covered it. I noticed this because I haven't been using it at all this winter, and my skin looks A LOT better... It' okay every once in a while, and maybe for sunburned skin, but I think I'll stick to my natural soap. This stuff just doesn't do it for me as I thought it did.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by cowgirlamber

I can't believe I stopped using this to try other products. Like the old saying goes; why fix what ain't broke? I've tried several skin care regimens from high end to drugstore and NOTHING has worked like Noxzema! My mother used this and she had beautiful skin even as a smoker so when I came 'of age', my mom got me started on this. Everytime I use this product, my face is so soft, balanced, and most importantly; CLEAR. Nothing clears up my blackheads and keeps the pimples away like Noxzema. LOVE IT.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by PattyTheK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this at the suggestion of a friend, and I'm glad I did. Amazing stuff. At first, I did not like it - it's not like other cleansers, that's for sure. However I stuck with it and soon enough, my skin tone started to even out a lot (I'm very pale with pink/red tones). I love the consistency and the texture. Sure, I love a good "foaming" cleanser now and then, but they don't remove my make-up like Noxema can. I think another reason people tend to shy away from it is that it's not an easy cleanser to use. It's not a "foam-rinse-done!" product. Another great feature: the price. Where I live, I can get the huge jar for 4 bucks. WOW. I have a travel size jar I keep in the shower. I just refill it over and over from the big jar.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by bethb216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this stuff since I was like, 12... so for the last 14 years or so. There's a reason it's a classic- it works. It smells great, like menthol/eucalyptus, and it feels tingly and refreshing. I love the tub, it makes it easy to scoop out the right amount of product. I once tried the pump version, and it sucked, it was watery and just didn't feel or work the same as the original Noxzema in the blue tub. It is moisturizing and doesn't dry my face out or make it feel tight and itchy like some face washes, it also doesn't break me out or leave a film on my face. I will probably continue to use this stuff for the rest of my life. I sometimes use other products, but I always come back to plain old original Noxzema.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by rbyars1

Noxzema my friend, how have a forsaken thee for so long? It's been years and years upon years since I have used Noxzema and decided on a whim when ran out of my St Ives to give it a go again. I really had forgotten how great this cleanser is, it's refreshing with that nostalgic Noxzema scent that we all know ( I myself love the scent very much) It takes off every trace of makep, including mascara leaving my skin squeaky clean but not feeling stripped of moisture and doesn't seem to break me out. The only reason I gave it a 4 lippie instead of 5 is for the tub packaging, not really crazy about it but I can deal. Will most definately buy again..

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by ssj2pizza

I love using this product for my SUN BURN~ yay! (not) But really, Noxzema for whatever reason is able to make my sunburns turn to tans overnight! (And I like burn always, no matter how much sunscreen I use.) And the 'minty'-ness of the product is very soothing to burnt skin.

Also, I started using this as a face wash again, out of desperation really, because most all other acne face washes are too harsh on my skin and would either turn me super red and painful, or make me break out more. (I really do not like clinique's acne solutions. Yucky.) This is so nice and soothing. :) yay~