September 22, 2014 | 1878 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Hair Cleansing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by lgonzalezbosch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is simply amazing. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to Aveda (which by the way I absolutely love but it is painful to pay for) and this surely delivered. It cleanses well without overly drying the hair... it is so hard to find a product that does this! My hair afterwards felt clean but soft. I used the all soft conditioner afterwards. Have not tried with other conditioners. I will definitively buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 4:54:00 PM More reviews by colettenoelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've never had the best of results from Redken, but I happily admit that this shampoo is a winner. Lathers up luxuriously and really seems to cleanse my hair without stripping it. Clarifying shampoos have always left my hair parched and me upset about my hair being parched. It's nice to find something that works! I've used this several times now, always followed by Redken's All Soft conditioner, and the results are the same every time. Soft, healthy hair. The only thing I would change about this shampoo is the scent. To me it is way too strong and I hate catching random whiffs of it during the day. But I can put up with this considering how fantastic it makes my hair look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I generally wait until I have used a shampoo a few times to review it but this morning I washed my hair with this Redken shampoo and was so impressed and excited that I have to review it. My layered medium-length reddish blonde hair looks fantastic. The layers lay the way they should without styling. My hair is soft and I credit the Allsoft Conditioner which I mated with it. I'd read reviews on several sites about the Allsoft shampoo not being good, so I decided to try this one to clarify and moisturize my hair. There is a Natural Instinct rinse on it but this shampoo left the color alone and took away the brassiness.

I wash my hair every other day and use a few different shampoos which I rotate. I will probably use this one every other week because I have read comments about this product being too clarifying if used too often. Not only do I highly recommend this shampoo, but my teenaged daughter with her fine hair was "forced to use Mom's s&c" this morning (someone had taken her usuals out of the shower) and she even admitted that her hair is lustrous and soft.

The price is reasonable and there is no weird smell, just fragrance which is a Redken staple. I am making this one a permanent member of the shampoo rotation but since just a quarter-sized squeeze will do the job, the bottle will last me many months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 9:55:00 AM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this product once every five weeks, the night before I go for salon coloring services. It strips my hair of all my build up and makes my hair more receptive to coloring. My stylist noticed a difference when I first started doing this even without telling her I had done something new. Now, she tells all her clients to use it the night before coloring.

After I use the cleansing cream, I use the Fekkai Protein RX Treatment Mask. It is lovely.

Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by autumn95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased at ube of this shampoo years ago and used it up. I forgot how great it was until I went to a new salon that uses Redken products. I went in for cut and style and this shampoo was used at the sink. My highlights looked brighter from one use. I have since purchased another bottle. I use this once every two weeks. I have highlighted blonde hair and this shampoo does not leave me dry or strip or fade my colour. I like the clean citrusy smell. This is the only clarifying/chelating shampoo I will use.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Yum3ji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this cleansing shampoo based on the popular MUA bias; however, I can't really tell a difference. The only product I use in my hair nowadays is CHI Shine Infusion every 2-3 days. I guess this is more geared towards those that use more styling products.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by OutspokenWallflower13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really, really like this shampoo. It's a great clarifying/chelating shampoo. I love that it doesn't completely strip your hair and leave it feeling like straw-- it lathers WONDERFULLY (a teeny bit is all you need) and cleans your hair and scalp beautifully. I also love that it is safe for color-treated hair; so like some other clarifying shampoo's which will MOST DEFINITELY strip your hair and it's color, this is color safe and leaves your hair soft and clean. =]

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Celestial_Sky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing clarifying shampoo. I use it about once every two weeks and it doesn't dry out my hair or irritate my scalp. I love that you can deep clean your hair by leaving it on for a little longer when you use it. It's super creamy and a tiny bit is all you need. You get an immediate rich lather with the tiniest amount. I got it on sale during a BOGO sale at Ulta but will definitely pay full price when I need to repurchase.
The only thing I'm not too happy with is the cap. It seems like it's made out of thin plastic and it's not sturdy. I sometimes fear the bottle will fall and all the shampoo will come out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by aparnanatarajan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went in search for an organic claryfying shampoo and an ulta saleswoman suggested this product for me.This product is really good plus it is creamy. My scalp is very sensitive to clear shampoos and i break out instantly. This shampoo didnt break me out at all and infact when you use a conditioner after shampooing your hair will absorb it even better and you can see instant results. Plus this doesnt dry your hair out at all

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 4:34:00 AM More reviews by divakimmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My cousin owns a salon and told me I needed to use this. I bought a small bottle from her and just fell in love. It is super cleansing, leaves your hair feeling clean and hydrated without being heavy, and rinses away beautifully. Definitely buy it at Ulta in the liter bottle. You get more product for your money at about $22-23. Watch out for sales, though, a couple of times through the year Ulta will put their liter bottles on sale for 13.99 and when that happens I stock up!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No