Redken Hair Cleansing Cream

4.5

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Fragrance, Pentasodium Pentetate, Limonene, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Stearic Acid, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Amino Methyl Propanol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citrus Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract

on 5/16/2010 4:31:00 PM

I was looking for a clarifying shampoo and used this for the first time today. I have to say, this product is amazing! I have thick coarse and frizzy hair, but after using this, and my usual deep conditioner, my hair never felt so clean and soft. I cant stop running my fingers through it! Although it is quite expensive, it's worth it if you use alot of styling products on a daily basis like me.

on 5/8/2010 6:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is the best shampoo ever! This is the only shampoo that gets rid of the styling product buildup and doesn't dry my hair out. I can't find any other product like it. It smells good too!

on 4/20/2010 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This was recommended to me by my stylist. I love the scent (clean and slightly citrusy) and this leaves my hair clean and silky and shiny. I use it about 2 times a week. I would definitely recommend it!

on 4/20/2010 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

To me, this is the mother of all clarifying shampoos. I am just about to finish my first bottle, but I know I will never be without it. It lasted six months and I used it on a regular basis, so it is well worth the money you have to spend on it.

First, a word or two about clarifying. Opinions are divided about whether or not one actually needs to clarify regularly, but I would definitely say that it is a must. So many oils, styling products, minerals, silicones and other chemicals can build up on hair over a period of time, that giving it a good clean every now and then really makes all the difference. It is also essential before protein treatments and deep conditioning treatments, since build-up can stop the proteins or moisturising ingredients from penetrating your hair. You will be amazed how lacklustre, tired, matte and lifeless hair can be transformed to shiny, light locks.

This shampoo makes hair shiny, bouncy and weightless. It is wonderful at removing all traces of any type of grease, oil, minerals etc. Yet it does not damage hair providing it is used correctly. After brushing out my hair and making sure I have no knots in it before I wet it, I usually divide it into two sections, and then massage the scalp on each section individually and afterwards carefully work the rich lather through my strands. This way my scalp ends up beautifully clean and my lengths do not get too thirsty in the process. Yes, this shampoo does not moisturise your hair at all, which is why it is important to use a very moisturising conditioner afterwards. Otherwise you may end up with dry-feeling and tangled hair since this shampoo is very effective at stripping everything, including your natural oils. But if you follow it with a nice conditioner, you will be very happy with the results.

Just one last tip: My hair is fine but abundant and it gets greasy easily. When I want more volume, I just quickly massage my scalp with this shampoo, condition, rinse, air-dry and voilá! Voluminous hair! Enjoy it, it is a wonderful product.

on 4/9/2010 6:34:00 AM

I have to say, this shampoo is magnificent! It's actually my first cleansing/clarifying shampoo I have ever tried as I never knew the importance of using a shampoo as such. I am so thankful I bought this! It really cleans my hair by removing all the gunk and build-up. I only use it once a week and each time I use it, it leaves my hair feeling soft, shiny, ultra clean and in a more manageable state. This one is definitely a keeper!!

on 4/5/2010 9:15:00 PM

Left my hair soft, but still had a lot of body and it looked and felt great. I really wasn't expecting much, so I was very pleasantly surprised. Wish it cost less, but if it keeps delivering such good hair days, I will probably buy it again.

on 2/21/2010 1:13:00 PM

Really like this clarifying shampoo. Though it has SLS it doesn't irritate my scalp. Smells good and leave hair bouncy and clean, not stripped. Just ran out after several months and out to go buy it again.

This is a wonderful clarifying shampoo. Seems very gentle compared to other clarifiers and does not strip color. Also smells wonderful.

The price is a little high but you only use this once a week or every other week so the bottle will last forever.

on 1/26/2010 11:01:00 AM

Absolutely a must-have for my oily, wavy, fine-to-medium hair. I use it every Sunday and look forward to the soft, full and bouncy results. Now I need to get some All Soft too, thanks to the previous reviewers' recommendations. I wish I could use this every day, I love it so much!

on 1/23/2010 3:00:00 AM

Love this clarifying shampoo. It is the only shampoo with SLS that I will use, and only once a month before Joick K=Pak. The smell is fresh grapefruit and it is not too hard on my long, dry, bleached hair.

Popular Shampoos