September 19, 2014 | 1577 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by tootswoots

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have a small bottle of this and I'm not really impressed... I like my cetaphil daily face cleanser better. I've tried a lot of different cleansers but I always come back to the Cetaphil daily face one.. The only time I don't like it is in the depths of winter when my face is SO dry that I have to use a cream cleanser. This cleanser doesn't feel as good but it does smell nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by DylHayd

One word: perfection! This is my all time favorite cleanser. I have tried LOTS of others, but always drugstore cleansers... I was hesitant to buy this due to the price but it was worth every penny. Never irritated my skin, removed every last bit of makeup and wasn't drying. I also like that I can remove eye makeup with it and it doesn't burn or irritate my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Koekiemonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've only been using this for a few days, but I love it already. I have oily, acne prone skin. I've been using Clinique for the past few months but it has only made my acne worse. After just a few days of using this, however, my skin has calmed down tremendously. I also love the smell of it. It's very gentle product and doesn't leave my face dry like the Clinique system did. I definitely recommend it to people with easily irritated skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by HelloTrini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My goodness, did a MIRACLE make this product or WHAT!? It's FANTASTIC!

So, I was watching YouTube videos on skin care routines because I wanted something different for me and for dryer skin types. The majority of people on YouTube have oily skin, and that's not me! But I happened to find one video that recommended this product. It seemed to work well for them, so I gave it a shot.

I was a bit skeptical about the "one-step cleanser" because COME ON. That stuff is always a lie. I wanted to buy the $33 bottle one, but I figured... If I'm going to test it out, let's go with the $22 bottle instead. The $22 bottle was 8oz.

Okay, so the packaging. It's just a regular clear bottle with a black cap that you press down to open. Like the lotion bottles at Bath and Body Works, lol. The bottle isn't cheap, I think. It is a thick plastic. The font on the bottle looks nice. It's simple, but it definitely grabs your attention. I'm not the kind of person who would want to read everything it says on the bottle, because there IS a lot of writing on it. But eh. It's cute, I think! The cleanser is a slight yellow-y-cream color. It's not a CREAMY texture, but it's a very runny consistency... It's not thick... It's kind of likeeeee... A more watery like liquid foundation! Lol. The product does get soapy (if you like bubbles like I DO! YAY!) when you lather it with a decent amount of water.

SO. My skin is apparently acne prone now... So, I've done everything to get rid of this lame acne. I'm so insecure about it and whatever... Harsh cleansers weren't doing anything for me but make my skin dryer and uglier. Lol. Pimple after pimple after pimple. Even the huge ones that HURT. Okay, I was getting REALLY fed up!!! So, I thought.. Let's make the skincare more SIMPLE. Something that doesn't require me to throw a bunch of stuff on it because all of the chemicals are just making my skin worse. SOOO, hence the "one-step cleanser", that's why I went for that. Alsoooo, I have a bunch of hyperpigmentation... I have issues with picking scabs. -.- Especially pimples on my face. BAD, I KNOW. Lol. But anyway...

The claims of this product: Purity made simple is an award-winning, 4-in-1 cleanser that removes face and eye makeup, gently cleanses the skin, and tones and lightly hydrates, all in one quick step by philosophy.

1.) It DEFINITELY removes ALL of my makeup. VERY easily too. I don't need to scrub the crap out of my eyes to get the mascara off. It dissolves it super nicely and easily. It's better than any makeup remover product I've ever used. This stuff works PERFECTLY! FANTASTICALLY.

2.) It lathers into the skin nicely. My skin definitely feels very clean after using it. My skin doesn't feel dry afterwards, so yes. It gently cleanses! BUT IT CLEANSES. If that makes sense, lol.

3.) Like I said before. I have hyper pigmentation, and OH MY GOSH has this stuff toned it down. I remember always being able to see my blemishes through my foundation, regardless of FULL COVERAGE OR CONCEALER. It just made me look chalky if I layered more crap on it, so I just said forget it. Adds character, I guess. But now that I put foundation on, I can dramatically see a difference. It's actually LESS noticeable now. I am really amazed. It REALLY TONES THE SKIN!!!

4.) Going on from 2.), I don't feel like my skin is dry afterwards, so it DOES HYDRATE!!! YES!!!!

So this cleanser definitely lives up to its claims. In my experience, anyway. I cleanse every morning and night and it's been about 2 weeks now. 2 WEEKS. And I've seen these results. Hurray!

I am definitely repurchasing this product but the 16oz one!!! I can't live without this awesome stuff! It is definitely a life saver for me. I just can't believe it... And tot hink I had no hope, lol. I'm so happy with this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by raegankendall

I've recently started using this, and so far, I see FANTASTIC reviews on it. The more I use it, I'll update. It has a great smell and works into my skin so smoothly. :]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love how it does a great job at removing makeup. It really cleans all your makeup off. I have that problem with a lot on cleansers, that they really don't remove makeup too well and I dislike having to do two steps. It does make my skin feel the slightest bit dry, which possibly is a good thing as my skin has gotten a little oilier. I wouldn't say it is a moisturizing cleanser, it removes makeup so well that, that is kinda a mute point. I removed one star because they say you can use it everywhere, however my eyes are very sensitive and it did irritate them a bit. So I'll use a separate eye makeup remover which isn't a biggie. I do like the herbal smell. Kinda relaxing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is wonderful. I have been using it daily for going on 3 years now. It really is a simple cleanser; it cleans great & feels good for my skin compared to other harsh cleansers.
-----------
There is a scent.. it smells sort of "sandalwood-y" but it's never bothered me; I like it. The texture is just right, it's not a thick cleanser nor is it too thin. If you have a wet face, it lathers so well! It takes off makeup really well, too! (not waterproof eye makeup, though obviously)
-----------
The only drawback to this cleanser is that it costs me $33 at sephora for the 16oz bottle. Then again, it does last me about 5-6 months. DEFINITELY check it out! Lovely product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by kkate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My skin freaked out last winter when I moved to climate farther north when my normally oily skin had turned combination/dry but this cleanser helped save my skin. It was calming and didn't aggravate my acne which is something I always worry about with creamy cleanser. I love this for my skin and its very gentle I have continued to use it throughout the whole year and as the weather changed, it's never affected my skin adversely. Purity is great to use with a Clairsonic. You need to use so little of this cleanser so it ends up lasting forever. Its also great at getting makeup off your skin without having to take it off first.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by cstrutt

I've been using this product for a few months now. I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin and at first I thought it was great just because it didnt make my face burn like any other cleanser i've used but then I spoke to my doc. about my skin and told her about the problems I've been having. I get dry patches and my face is always red after I use this. Regardless, I works well at taking off makeup even mascara plus it doesnt have much of a smell but i wont continue purchasing because its not working for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by violingrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This cleanser is amazing! I wear a lot of heavy duty makeup (Colorstay foundation, waterproof eye makeup...) and this takes all of that off with minimal effort. It cleans like a cream cleanser without leaving an oily residue, but it isn't drying either. It doesn't irritate my eyes or my skin, and even though it's a bit pricy, you get a LOT of product (the largest size is the same size bottle as the Philosophy shower gels!) This combines the best aspects of a cream cleanser, foaming cleanser, and makeup remover all in one simple, reliable product. HG cleanser for sure.