July 29, 2014 | 2026 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Super Skinny Daily Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2005 12:02:00 PM More reviews by wunverdoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This just made my hair feel dirty and heavy.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2005 3:33:00 AM More reviews by bettybrown

This stuff might not be bad if you have oily hair with a lot of natural volume. I don't, but I have to work to keep my hair sleek and glossy and tame flyaways. I have bra-strap-length, fine hair, but lots of it. It smells fantastic, but it just weighed my hair down and made it dry and static-y at the same time. The ingrediants are: Water, Sodium Myreth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauroyl Sarconsinate, Isoceteth-20, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, PEG-150, Distearate, PEG-3 Dioleoylamidoethylmonium Methosulfate, Trimethysiloxyamodimethicone, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, Glycerin, Trideceth-12, Polyquarternium-10, Triethyl Citrate, Bisamino PEG/PPG-41/3 Aminoethyl PG-Propyl Dimethicone/Algae/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf/Anthemis Nobilis/Lawsonia Inernis (Henna)/Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba)/Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary)/PEG-12 Dimethicone, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbonate. Whew!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2005 11:20:00 AM More reviews by DaisySara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Take it from a person with the thickest hair on the planet, this shampoo did nothing to make it flatter and/or smoother. I actually think it made it puffier. And it gave it this greasey feel. Matrix Sleek and Smooth is 500 times better.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2005 8:52:00 PM More reviews by tmccray2

I bought both the shampoo and cond during a liter sale. Big mistake. My hair ended up crispy critters. I liked it on the first day, it didn't have that seaweed feel in the rinse cycle, but it did comb very easily. My natural curls were enhanced as well. By the 3rd day my hair was dryer than it's been since I had a perm and color at the same time in the 80's. Because it doesn't contain SLS, I thought it would be okay. But alas, something else in there sucks all of the moisture right out of my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2004 4:05:00 PM More reviews by BadMojo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This works well on my dry,damaged hair. I like the apple smell and how easy to comb it left my hair even before the conditioner. I was really surprised on how long this lasted for me with my hair being down to my bra strap I had one bottle of this for months. Still haven't tried enough products to find my hg but I may go back to buying this.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2004 8:04:00 PM More reviews by swtscorpio

This is absolutely THE worst product I've every used on my hair! It left a nasty feeling buildup and made my hair frizzy. I hated it the first time I used it- waited a few days and tried it again with the same results. I had to go out and buy all sorts of clarifying shampoos just to get rid of that awful buildup feeling. Tried it again another time with the same results. I will never buy this shampoo again and threw mine in the trash!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2004 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo is unique in that it makes my hair feel clean but also silky, even before conditioning. I'm not sure if build up will be a problem with repeated use, but I clarify once a week, so I'm not expecting it will be. It smells like Granny Smith apples, which I love, though I don't find the scent lingers after my hair dries.
I haven't tried the conditioner from this line yet, but the shampoo alone does seem to cut down my drying time, which really surprised me, since that was a claim I didn't expect it to live up to.
Provided it keeps performing so well, I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2004 8:43:00 AM More reviews by SherryL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked up the entire PM Super Skinny line after visiting with a friend of I hadn't seen in years. She has hair as curly and unruly as I do and when I saw her, it looked as if it had been thermally reconditioned! Well, I can get my hair pretty straight too... but what amazed me, was that it was also RAINING out!! Of course, I had to ask her what she used and she gave me the lowdown on the PM Super Skinny line! :o)

I've only used the items a few times now, but so far my results have been amazing. My hair is softer and silkier than it has been in AGES... and I can honestly detect some serious frizz reduction and depoofing. Obviously, a shampoo/conditioner/serum does not take the place of a good blowdryer and flat iron, but it's a start. The scent is wonderful too. Very light and fruity. The shampoo also contains a super gentle cleansing ingredient (Sodium Myreth Sulfate... the same cleansing agent that is in Kenra shampoos). Right now, I am planning on a repurchase, but I will be sure to update this review if anything changes.

UPDATE 7-8-07: I am still using (and LOVING) this product. I use it on curly days AND on smooth days. On curly days, my curls dry completely frizz free (styled with Super Skinny serum and PM Super Sculpt); on smooth days, I still have to work things smooth with an iron, but it stays that way! Not sure why this product has so many negative reviews. The only thing I can think of is that people are becoming conditioned to heavy silicone-laden straightening shampoos/conditioners that are found in the drugstores. This smooths, but leaves body behind. Wouldn't want it any other way.

Super Skinny Shampoo Ingredients: water, sodium myreth sulfate, cocamide mea, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, isoceteth-20, cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine, peg-150 distearate, peg-3 dioleoylamidoethylmonium methosulfate, trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, C11-15 pareth-7, C12-16 pareth-9, glycerin, trideceth-12, polyquarternium-10, triethyl citrate, bisamino PEG/PPG-41/3 aminoethyl PG-propyl dimethicone/algae/aloe leaf/anthemis noblis/henna/jojoba/rosemary/PEG-12 dimethicone, fragrance, citric acid, sodium chloride, tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM hydantoin, iodopropynyl butylcarboamate
continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2004 11:35:00 AM More reviews by KaliKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this shampoo. It has a great smell. And it works great. I have wavy/curly hair. And normally it takes me an hour to straighten it. With this product it cuts down on the time greatly, and I can sleep on my hair and it still really straight. I would recomend this to anyone who's looking for something to help with making curly/wavy hair straight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2004 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Flinta3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I know how it sometimes works out, many ppl hate a product and I love it or vice versa, well in this case I love it! The shampoo itself makes my hair incredibly silky and slinky, after rinsing it off, and the conditioner helps too, although the shampoo is the winning product in this line.
I am adding this to my fave staples!