August 22, 2014 | 1958 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by hannahbanana13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick ! its is so matte and lasts forever without replying. It is almost the same shade as riri woo when i bought it they told me and it looks just like riannias red ! it is worth the price for the perfect pin-up red look ! even add some clear lip shine over top to give it less dry look, and make sure lips are well moisturized before application !totally recommend it !!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Ruby Woo is a true bright red shade with a strong blue base, making my teeth look whiter and flattering every skin tone. It has a vanilla scent like all MAC lipsticks do and fantastic pigmentation. Its finish is what MAC calls a Retro Matte finish. From what I can tell this is a very matte finish.
The formula is kinda waxy and dry, which is kind of to be expected from such a matte lipstick, but because it's dry, it will cling to dry areas. It's not drying, but it's not moisturizing either, so if you have dry lips, you may want to wear a lip balm underneath. (This was why I rated this a 4 instead of a 5.) But by wearing lip balm underneath, you're reducing its wear time. Worn alone, the wear time is insane! I applied it yesterday at 11 AM and went home at 1 AM this morning to find that it still looked perfect! My lips were drier than usual and it did fade a little, but I was still in awe that it had lasted through 14 fcking hours--with eating, drinking, and partying involved! WTF, right?!
Not to mention that it only costs $15!
It's hard not to wear this everyday, but I don't want the matte red lips look to get old, so I gotta switch it up everyday and give my other bright lippies some love too haha!
Would I repurchase? Yes!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by mc808913

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

the best shade of Red lipstick I have used. Gives you that perfect finishing look with just the right pop of color on your lips. a lot of other Mac lipsticks don't really last or stay on my lips, but this one in matte finish does. lasts all night.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by peakvolume

MAC describes Ruby Woo as a "matte vivid blue red;" This description is perfectly accurate. The lipstick is bold, pigment rich, and flattering to every skin tone. It definitely has a matte texture that feels a little dry going on.

However, the product itself isn't drying-I noticed whether or not I would need balm after wearing depended on if my lips were already in good condition or if they were chapped beforehand. (If your lips aren't moisturized before wearing this, look out-it won't help the situation).

RW wears amazingly to. It survived 2 meals after 7 hours and still looked great. As it wears away, an unflattering ring of color will persist around the mouth, so try a lip liner underneath or keep an eye on when it' time to reapply.

(read the full review on peakvolume.blogspot.com)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When ever I wear this shade I always feel classy and so lady like..lol! It truly is a bright, vivid, and classic red. The matte finish stays on forever, even through eating and drinking. Lip prep through exfoliation and hydration is a must with this formula to ensure the shade applies evenly and wears well during the day without the dry patchy lip presentation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by justacupoftea

To wear ruby woo I have to prep my lips beforehand, make sure I've exfoliated & moisturised well and then I line and fill my lips with mac redd pencil and use a lip brush to work ruby woo into my lips. Due to the very matte texture this lipstick will stay put till the bitter end! Although the very dry feeling takes a bit of getting used to the colour is so nice I don't mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by wendehart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have very weird skin, like a mix between olive and fairness. This is the only red lipstick I will use or come too. I suggest putting on concealer before applying or use white liner to go around your lips to help it not smudge or look blotchy. I really think this is a universal lipstick that looks great on any skin tone. it last long and I love the matte feel. it stands out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by OriginalSunshine

The lipstick is definitely matte, It does stay on the lips but I would recommend matching lip liner and possibly a tiny amount of clear lip gloss underneath sort of as a base because it is drying though.. But over all I think it's the best red Mac has.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by CBNegron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, this is a really good red lipstick. This is one of MAC's only Retro Matte formulas, which is similar to their regular Matte formula, just slightly more dry. This is both good and bad. It's good because the dryness is really what helps the lipstick stick to your lips. I rarely have to reapply this, even after light eating and drinking. It's bad because without the proper priming/moisturizing, this can go on very patchy, and it kind of pulls across the lips. What I do is put on Maybelline Baby Lips (or your favorite lip conditioner/primer), and then line and fill in my lips completely with MAC's Cherry lipliner. This helps to prep my leps, and it brings down the brightness of this ever so slightly. If you want a brighter red liner, opt for Redd. If you want a slighter darker red liner, opt for Brick. The blue undertone in this lipstick helps to make your teeth appear whiter. If this red is too bright for you, maybe try MAC's Russian Red or even Viva Glam I for something slightly deeper.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by monaylisa

This is a nice shade of lipstick but you can buy one of the wet n wild lipsticks in the colour red velvet for a fraction of the price. Same colour, same consistency.